• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

G'Kar facial prosthetic donated to the Museum of the Moving Image

AnlaShokGrey

Regular
Hi, all,

I thought this item might be of interest:

http://movingimage.us/press/pdf/2008/babylon5_mask_062008.pdf

http://collection.movingimage.us/index.php?g=detail&object_id=99056

Almost two years ago, I put out a call for donations in the fan community, and amazingly, ten people stepped up and sent money to me, so that I could buy something they would never even see, and donate it to a museum. That item was a G'Kar facial prosthetic mounted on a life mask of Andreas Katsulas, and we purchased it from one of the Babylon 5 writers.

The good news today is that the piece has finally found a home! It is in the Museum of the Moving Image, in Astoria, NY (near Astoria Studios). If you read the above press release, you can see that they are treating it with utmost respect. We are thrilled that the piece landed there!

The second link above is the item in the Museum's online collection. Unfortunately, the Museum is in the process of building a new facility, so you won't be able to visit until sometime in late 2009 or early 2010. But you eventually _will_ be able to see it there. And that was one of our goals in doing this: that this item is out there in the public so that _all_ fans can see it. And that a piece of this remarkable show's history gets the honored resting place that it deserves.

I hope many of you will be able to make the trip to visit it someday! Until then, you can view the prosthetic at either of the above links.

Amy

Wow! It's great that you did that! I tried the first link, and Mozilla became "non-responsive," so I'll try it again later..

Thanks, Jade Jaguar. Incidentally, the PDF press release isn't all that different from the Museum's collection page on the piece -- it's just a bit more detail. So if you are having trouble accessing it, it's not that great a loss.

Amy

Ha, I had a feeling this was you when I herd the interview.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back