• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Another B5 actor sighting

AnlaShokGrey

Regular
I just caught this week's episode of ER, which featured Carmen Thomas - known to us as Vir's wife, Lindisty, from "Sic Transit Vir" - as a woman with a whole lotta problems: she goes into labor while the rest of her family suffers from carbon monoxide poisoning and its attendant oxygen deprivation, including the newborn baby, who has to go into a hyperbaric chamber. And we thought Jack Bauer was having a bad day over on "24"!

Aisling

Saw Bester's Carolyn (Joan McMurtrey) on a Sprint PCS ad. the other day. Does that count?

Saw Bester's Carolyn (Joan McMurtrey) on a Sprint PCS ad. the other day. Does that count?

Sure it counts! Uh, did she have the cell phone attached to her head? "The phone...it fears the sign..." :p

Aisling

Sure it counts! Uh, did she have the cell phone attached to her head? "The phone...it fears the sign..." :p

Aisling

No, but if I saw her wearing a headset, it would be more than a little disconcerting. :LOL:

Caught Richard Biggs in a couple of recent reruns: He played an Internal Affairs detective in an episode of NYPD Blue and the lawyer for a sleazy sex offender on Law & Order: Special Victims Unit. :)

Regards,

Joe

Caught Richard Biggs in a couple of recent reruns: He played an Internal Affairs detective in an episode of NYPD Blue and the lawyer for a sleazy sex offender on Law & Order: Special Victims Unit. :)

Hmm, is there a pattern here? Gary Cole also played a lawyer for a sleazy sex offender in a recent episode of Law & Order: SVU. In that episode, the defendant was his dead son's best friend.

Caught Richard Biggs in a couple of recent reruns: He played an Internal Affairs detective in an episode of NYPD Blue and the lawyer for a sleazy sex offender on Law & Order: Special Victims Unit.

Andreas Katsulas had an NYPD Blue appearance this season, too. Unsurprisingly, he was not playing a cop - but he wasn't a bad guy this time, either. He was a victim.

Aisling

Hmm, is there a pattern here? Gary Cole also played a lawyer for a sleazy sex offender in a recent episode of Law & Order: SVU. In that episode, the defendant was his dead son's best friend.

Well, given the subject matter of the series a certain percentage of the guest stars are always going to be lawyers representing sleazy sex offenders. :)

The L&O franchise has actually been pretty good to B5 and Crusade alumni. Michael O'Hare memorably played a recovering alcoholic, long blamed for starting the fire that killed his daughter, in an episode of the original series.

And NYPD Blue has been another frequent stop for actors associated with Straczynski's works. Besides the several years when Andrea Thompson was first a recurring guest star and then a regular, and the Andreas Katsulas appearance mentioned above, the show has also featured Peter Jurasik as a nightclub owner who killed his partner and (in an episode aired on Court TV just last night) Ed Wasser as a corrupt cop. (I had seen this episode several times in the past, and never noticed his name in the credits or recognized him when he was on screen. This time around his name caught my eye and I studied every likely character until I finally realized that he was the dirty cop. Once I did see who it was, I couldn't help but wonder if the reason he was so confident in the interrogation room was that his "associates" were nearby. :))

Regards,

Joe

Think I spotted the guy who played Jason Ironheart in an old "Combat" espisode that aired today on Starz Action Channel. Name in the credit was "William Allen Young" but not absolutely sure it is the same guy.

Think I spotted the guy who played Jason Ironheart in an old "Combat" espisode that aired today on Starz Action Channel. Name in the credit was "William Allen Young" but not absolutely sure it is the same guy.

The only Combat! series I'm familiar with originally ran from 1962-1967, was shot in black and white (except maybe the last season or two) and starred Vic Morrow as a WWII infantryman. Given that the William Allen Young who played Ironheart was born in 1953 and would have been between 11 and 14 when Combat! was in production, I think it unlikely that he could have appeared in that show. Is there another series called Combat running on Starz Action? (I don't subscribe to any premium movie services.) Young's IMDB entry lists his appearance in "Mind War" (and even the re-use of some "Mind War" footage in a flashback for "A Race Through Dark Places"), but no guest roles in any series called Combat. It does show him appearing in the Vietnam war series Tour of Duty. It may be that this series ran overseas or in syndication under a different title like Combat, as is sometimes the case.

(The Jason Ironheart Young also did two episodes of Scarecrow and Mrs. King, so presumably also worked with Bruce Boxleitner. :))

Regards,

Joe

I'm not entirely sure, since they didn't show it in the credits, but on a recent episode of 'Without a trace' there was a scene where a bank robber shot an off-duty cop who was going for her gun, and although the scene was all of about 3 seconds long, I could swear it was Pat Tallman. Can anyone confirm this sighting?

Just continuing this thread:

I saw Gary Cole on an episode of Law and Order:SVU today on USA. He played a lawyer who's son was murdered then accused of rape. He defended a friend of his son's. Small role, but he's great in everything I've seen.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back