• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Majel Roddenberry passes away

Majel Roddenberry, 'First Lady of Star Trek,' dies

She appeared in one episode on Babylon 5.

Thread about her passing in the OT forum: She's Dead Jim

***Historic fact: I actually talked with Majel at a Sci Fi Convention at the Meydenbeur Center in Washington State like ten years ago. Here personality seemed in character to Lwaxana Troi on the show. She wasn't very concerned about talking about herself. She seemed to just want to know more about me. :alienblush: I thought she was very kind. :) We talked for like ten minutes then I moved on.

***Side note fact: I used to have a crush on her character nurse Chapel on clasic Star Trek, (but when I was much younger). My wife will probably chase me with a spoon for that comment, (she gets soooo jealous of other women). But of coarse I was like 7 years old when I watched the reruns and now I'm 41, :alienblush: and a happily married man of ten years+.

To her beloved family I would say:
We are with you in your time of greaving. I will pray that angels comfort your hearts and minds.
It saddens me that she has past away. A legend has past on into twilight. All my family shall miss her greatly: For her achievement as nurse Chapel, her enduring spirit and her husbands Star Trek legacy. May her memory 'live long and prosper.' :(:(:( She shall be missed. Our hearts go out to the surviving family.

Last edited:
I met Majel as well at the first Trek convention in Pittsburgh. In my "one-upmanship" way, I chatted with her for quite a long time in her bedroom. ;)

The con btw, was held on a bedroom floor of the hotel and we met the actors in their own rooms.

I met Majel as well at the first Trek convention in Pittsburgh. In my "one-upmanship" way, I chatted with her for quite a long time in her bedroom. ;)

The con btw, was held on a bedroom floor of the hotel and we met the actors in their own rooms.
Oooh my... :alienblush: How did that go? :)

It went well. Actually, the entire cast as well as Gene were very delightful. I thought it was an odd experience hearing Nimoy laughing.

No, he doesn't snort. He did laugh very easily and with some gusto and spoke to the attendees very easily. I was also struck by a couple of other things. How more beautiful Nichelle was in person and how bewildering it was to see hair coming out of the open neck of Shatner's shirt. ;)

No, he doesn't snort. He did laugh very easily and with some gusto and spoke to the attendees very easily. I was also struck by a couple of other things. How more beautiful Nichelle was in person and how bewildering it was to see hair coming out of the open neck of Shatner's shirt. ;)
Are you refering to Nichelle Meyers? :) :vulcan:

Who's that? IMDB doesn't recognize that name?

I'm assuming he's talking about Uhura, Nichelle Nichols
Oh I thought he meant the Star Trek producer. But actually I think that's spelled Nicholas Meyer not Nichelle Meyers. Whoops!:LOL:
Just checked on wikipedia, that's a dude sorry... My bust. Slight grievous spelling error and not to mention gender assumption. Hah. :rommie: :alienblush:

Last edited:
I assume you were channeling your wife, who wouldn't want you to be looking at Nichelle Nichols. ;)

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back