• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Matt Smith Dr Who

A couple more thoughts on "The Beast Below," since I'm rewatching now with its second broadcast of the night...

Spoiler for The Beast Below:
I like seeing the crack again just for a moment there at the end on the "ship". And I'm seriously suspecting River Song is the Doctor's daughter given how Amy Pond asked him if he had kids and he just totally avoided answering the question.

I don't know about other people, but I personally liked tonight's episode ("The Beast Below"). The theme of society-wide choice and the juxtaposition of the Doctor and (what's the spoiler policy for this thread given that our Brit posters get the episodes before we American posters?). There were a couple of fun allusions to Star Wars in the episode too.

Yea, I don't understand the complaints about it either, I was thinking the same thing. Also, it harkens back to the Tom Baker Story "The Creature from the Pit", which though quite cheezy, I remember fondly.

I also don't understand the complaints about the Title Sequence music?

People seriously have problems with the title music? It's barely different than the previous version. I think enjoy the new version of the title music more, even; it's got a bit more umph!

People seriously have problems with the title music? It's barely different than the previous version. I think enjoy the new version of the title music more, even; it's got a bit more umph!

Yea, I'm not sure what it is, definitely stuff we've heard before

Just watched "The Time of Angels" on iPlayer, and I have to say, this episode silenced all my complaints about the previous 3 episodes; it was brilliant!!!

A couple more thoughts on "The Beast Below," since I'm rewatching now with its second broadcast of the night...

I like seeing the crack again just for a moment there at the end on the "ship". And I'm seriously suspecting River Song is the Doctor's daughter given how Amy Pond asked him if he had kids and he just totally avoided answering the question.

Interesting, I didn't catch that question's significance, but, I did think of her being his daughter from the glimpses in the Trailer of her after the first episode, she appears to be rushing through space from ship to ship, without any oxygen

Just watched "The Time of Angels" on iPlayer, and I have to say, this episode silenced all my complaints about the previous 3 episodes; it was brilliant!!!

Have to agree, after the second and third episodes I was starting to worry about Moffat's abilities as a showrunner, but every season has had some weak episodes. "The Time of Angels" was really good, hopefully that'll sustain through the rest of the season.

Interesting, I didn't catch that question's significance, but, I did think of her being his daughter from the glimpses in the Trailer of her after the first episode, she appears to be rushing through space from ship to ship, without any oxygen

Spoiler for River Song:
I do not think that River Song is the Doctor's daughter as she did not regenerate. The Doctor is not treating her like a Timelord but she appears to have met them.

Spoiler for River Song:
I do not think that River Song is the Doctor's daughter as she did not regenerate. The Doctor is not treating her like a Timelord but she appears to have met them.

Spoiler for River Song:
If she's only half-timelord, maybe she can't regenerate, like if she had a human mother, for example. Or has it been firmly stated that timelords and humans can't reproduce together?

Having seen the first two Matt Smith eps, I think he's pretty good. I liked Tennant a lot, so I don't think I'll eventually like Smith better, but who knows?

Of the earlier Doctors, yes, I'll admit that Tom Baker was my favorite. But Colin Baker was my second favorite, right from the start. I wish he'd had a longer term. I didn't, and still don't, care for McCoy at all. I have kind of mixed feelings about Peter Davidson. I like him as an actor, I think he's a good one. But, I thought his version of the Doctor was far too wimpy, almost withdrawn. He had none of the exuberance that my favorite Doctors have.

Spoiler for River Song:

Spoiler for River Song:
If she's only half-timelord, maybe she can't regenerate, like if she had a human mother, for example. Or has it been firmly stated that timelords and humans can't reproduce together?
Spoiler for River Song:
Paul McGann's Doctor Who movie dealt with half Time Lord's. Ramanna chose her appearance, so why can't a Time Lord choose their previous appearance again. His Daughter did regenerate, she was stone cold dead, and about to be buried, and she came back to life, she just didn't change appearance. Is she only half Timelord? I thought she was cloned from his genetic makeup, I don't recall it being said that she was the product of Human and Timelord DNA, perhaps I missed that. And of course, Susan is Grand Daughter, and I kinda recall it being said she was half Human (Though we never saw her regenerate. Whoever she is, she knows his real name, something he has always been careful to never allow anyone to know, I suspect not even Rose knows it)

Spoiler for for River Song:

She said she learned how to fly the Tardis from the best (and hinted this was not the Doctor).

Who could "the best" be? My guess is that it's tied up with the crime she is covering up. Could it be the Master (doubtful as he also appears to leave the brakes on). Could it have been Rassilon?

She said she learned how to fly the Tardis from the best (and hinted this was not the Doctor).

Who could "the best" be? My guess is that it's tied up with the crime she is covering up. Could it be the Master (doubtful as he also appears to leave the brakes on). Could it have been Rassilon?

Spoiler for Just a guess: :
Jack Harkness

Jack Harkness

The BEst would have to be Romana or the Doctor himself, no?

Jack Harkness

The BEst would have to be Romana or the Doctor himself, no?

Jack? I really doubt he could outfly the Doctor!

River seems to jokingly chide The Doctor for his assumption she was referring to him. She also knows how to park the TARDIS without vworping (leaving the brakes on). It's possible the Doctor does it purposefully out of a flair for the dramatic... but he genuinely seems surprised that it doesn't make the noise. Of course it's also possible that a later Doctor teaches River... but I really don't think they will ever have the Doctor ditching the vworps... the unique noise is a trademark of the show!

Jack Harkness

AKA The Face of Bo.

Back