• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Life Rocks baby!!!!! Classic animated TV......

What will you do about the Crusade DVDs?

• Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (Kowabunga Dude!!)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Adventures of the Galaxy Rangers (No guts, no Glory.)

• Jayce an the Wheeled Warriors(Keep 'em rollin, keep 'em rollin)

• Robotech (The original transformers)

• Gi Joe (Yooooooo JOE!!!)

• Transformers ( Lets roooooooll out!!)

• Starblazers (can you say big ship with an all powerful main gun)

• The 80's right, you're talkin about the 80's???? Best left forgotten......

• Total voters

2aMageing

Regular
Rangers are forever!!!

I just got an Amazon delivery of three of the greatest animated shows of my youth.

'Klang? Did you say Klang??' Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles baby. 'It's Pizza TIIIIIIIIME!!!!!!'

'In 2086 two peaceful aliens journey to earth seeking our help" ..... ' rock it baby No guts, no glory, ohhhhh we're takin a staaaaaand, reaaaaaaady to do it again!!!!' Galaxy Rangers, a rough drawn show with an edge and one of the earliest female leads that can kick ass with the rest of the lead characters. 'Rangers are forever.........'

'Jayce searches for his father to unite the magic root and lead his Lightening League to victory over the changing form of Saw Boss, wheeled warriors explode into battle, lightening strikes!!' Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors (the toys were almost better than the show)

'There's a power and it comes from deep inside of you. Every day you're reaching toward the light. And you know there's a long long way ahead of youuuuuuuuuu, but when your wheels get you there things will turn ou riiiiiiiiiiight!!!'

The other three great series I alrady have significant holdings of......

Robotech -- (All instrumental muisic baby.....some great dramatic stuff.....if on;y they could have stuffed in the mouth of Lyn Mimei.........)

Gi Joe -- 'He'll fight for freedom where ever there's trouble, Gi Joe is there..... Gi Joooooooooooooooe!!!'
Pretty GREAT series considering it was one big toy commercial kept going based on advertising new characters and vehicles but who cares if the characters were great and the show rocked inspite of the money intent behind it.
'A real American hero, Gi Joe is there!!!!'

And of course last but not least Transformers: More than meets the eye. The era of real dye cast metal toys and serious deep kids shows.

I'll tell ya where you can shove those Power Ranger nancy boys...........and it's a deep dark place they belong in.
:devil: :LOL:

Then there was Our Starblazers!!!!
'We're off to outer space. We're leaving mother earth to save the human race......our Star Blazers!!! Searching for a distant star, heading off to Iscandar, leaving all we love behind, who knows what dangers we'll find!!! We must be strong and brave, our home we've got to save. If we don't in just one year.....mother earth will disappear!!! Fighting with the Gamalons, we won't stop until we've won, then we'll return and when we arrive the earth will survive with our Starblazers.'

Hmmmmmm, sounds suspiciously like a certain plot to an unfinished JMS series............

Re: Life Rocks baby!!!!! Classic animated TV.....

g_i_joe_01.gif

Commodore 64......now HOW COOL IS THAT.........

Starblazers was the s**t when I was in third grade. I used to race home for that one. "There's only x days left..."

The cool thing about Starblazers when I was a kid was that you could take handful of clay or playdoh and all you had to do to make a great replica of the ship and it's main gun was to roll it up and stick a hole on the front....hehe...now that's a cheap toy.

But I'm like totally serious, Big state-of-the-art ship with a "main gun" hat fires off the bow, leaving earth to find a cure to (in this case, radiation I think) illness that will kill all living on the earth within a short set of years....sounds way too much like the Excaliber setting off to find a cure for the Drahk Plague....... :eek: :confused: :cool:

Guilty as charged.......

So are we talkin about Vehicle Force Voltron:

VVstandg.jpg

or Lion Force Voltron(likely the most well known):

voltron.gif

007.jpg

I have saved face....thank you for your aid. ***Bows....and goes to see how many other over sights have been committed in the name of haste.....***

The only other one I could think of would be He-Man. Other than that, I'd say you have all your bases covered.

I vaguely recall I show called He Man that that lead to me owning Castle Greyskull.....cool trap door.

mu021-moral.jpg

The only thing missing was a big schizophrenic cat.......oh what do ya know:

heman7.jpg

He-Man/Adam was totally gay. I mean come on. A blond pretty boy who wears a pink vest and purple tights, who occationally changes into some rather S&M looking gear, who has a secret that only three people know (The Sorceress, Man-at-arms, and Orko), and who seems to always feel no need to seriously return any flirtation he received from Teela. Yup, definitely dings my gaybell.

In retrospect, yes, He-Man is totally gay. But I didn't dig that when I was a kid and was totally into He-Man. Oh yeah, I wanted the Power of Grayskull. Had the toys and everything.

Queer-looking toys and cartoons is probably the childhood subconscious influence that easily led to gay tolerance, actually caring about how crappy the new Star Wars movies are, and computer programming. I'm a dork.

And yes, only the lion Voltron does it for me.

Probably a bit later than you're talking about, but, I always loved the Pirates of Dark Water.

Oh, I didn't get it when I was a kid either. I was too busy running around with my plastic version of He-Man's sword and playing with various actionfigures. It's only in thinking back on it now after having realized about myself that my theory formed.

Does anyone else remember "Rocky and Bullwinkle"!! I saw it when it was shown at night in primetime. :eek: BTW the movie "He-Man" with Dolph Lundgren was pure eye candy! :devil:

In retrospect, yes, He-Man is totally gay. But I didn't dig that when I was a kid and was totally into He-Man. Oh yeah, I wanted the Power of Grayskull. Had the toys and everything.

Queer-looking toys and cartoons is probably the childhood subconscious influence that easily led to gay tolerance, actually caring about how crappy the new Star Wars movies are, and computer programming. I'm a dork.

And yes, only the lion Voltron does it for me.

Yeah....EVERYONE liked the lions....the only reason I hold out for the vehicles is cuz I actually had the entire Voltron vehicle set...don't know how my parents afforded THAT one......but it was one of the BEST toys I ever had and the quality puts todays junk to SHAME.....

And MASK, well just shoot me if I didn't totally forget one my most fav shows.........both MASK:

mask.gif

thunderhawk2.jpg
masktrakker.jpg

gator.jpg
maskdusty.jpg

and CENTURIONS (like Pirates....another enjoyable, yet reletively short lived great show....):

cent16.jpg

Now that Crystal Kane.....she was a BABE.....

cent8.jpg

and now I'm reminded of another great show.....that tried to teach something at the end of each show like many others of the time did and now DON'T, at least nothing to teribly useful....cept maybe Jackie Chan...

Silverhawks:

silverhawks.gif

And I guess you can't say Silverhawks without saying
Thundercats.......in the same sentance.....

thundercatsbanner.jpg

So many great shows .......back then.......and now I'm depressed by the generally weak, shallow, and uneducating "pop" cartoons and kids series coming out ......so this is progress huh?? Give me the idealistic 80's any day........

Yeah, Centurions, Thundercats, and Silverhawks were on my list of toons watched.

I remember Rocky and Bullwinkle, infact IMO, there was no good TV animation between Rocky and Bullwinkle and Ren and Stimpy. I have managed to collect all, I think, of R&B on tape, and am considering buying the DVD releases, of them, and Ren and Stimpy. That said, I have to admit that the writing made R&B, because the animation wasn't that hot. Also, I realize that people are going to like what they grew up with as kids, even if I think it is crap, and I don't hold that against them, so, hopefully, they won't hold it against me... :D

I believe there is a poll option for that possibility......as remote as it might be....... ;)
:LOL:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back