• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

24 - Season 6 [spoilers]

Chilli

High Treason Prevention Officer
No idea if anyone will still be watching it this year .. but just in case :p

I got to see the first four episodes through .. not so quite proper channels. I will not talk about the contents for another 2 days :D .. but it most certainly still is 24. Which is not just a good thing :p :D

Re: 24 - Season 6

Ok, so keeping it spoiler free until I'm told it's ok so that people don't yell at me...

Even though I swore off the show, I was home and already in front of the TV because of the NFL playoffs (go Pats!!!!) which ended a few minutes after 24 started, so I switched to it and ended up watching the whole thing. I was really annoyed at just how damn good it was because now I'm gonna have to keep watching. And I just know they're gonna do some really lame, stupid awful things to make me hate it again. I think I can already predict some upcoming implausible terrorist plots, absurd "twists" that have no rhyme or reason, and even more extreme promotion of hawkish right-wing militant politics than last year.

But last night's ep was pretty much really tight and entertaining. If it stays like this overall, it'll be a great season.

Re: 24 - Season 6

Spoiler warning now, so it should be okay. I'll wait for another day, as I'm still 2 hours ahead :D

Ok, here's a spoiler then: Dr Bashir from DS9 is an Arab ex-terrorist helping Jack Bauer defeat other terrorists!

Having seen Syrian recently (unfortunately) this wasn't be first exposre to Bashir-as-Muslim/Arab guy, but it was still cool.

What else... why does every male and female that interact with each other have to be married? Bill Buchanan and Karen; the Ms Palmer and the Muslim guy, etc. Cheap way to set up larger emotional stakes in the future? Meh.

I haven't seen Syriana, so it was the first time I've seen Siddig play the arab (semi-)baddie .. though it definitely is cool.

The other 24 clichee point that kind of bugged me: The dude. Already last year, I was wondering if there was some rule that each season must have its dude - annoying kid, in his late teens, with a complete mop of a haircut, that somehow gets involved in the baddie's plot, by accident, his own stupidity, or both.

Oh .. and then there was the part where people AGAIN don't just listen to Jack Bauer, leading to him doing the right thing undercover. Will the government EVER learn? :rolleyes:

I haven't seen Syriana, so it was the first time I've seen Siddig play the arab (semi-)baddie .. though it definitely is cool.

The other 24 clichee point that kind of bugged me: The dude. Already last year, I was wondering if there was some rule that each season must have its dude - annoying kid, in his late teens, with a complete mop of a haircut, that somehow gets involved in the baddie's plot, by accident, his own stupidity, or both.

Yeah, but at least he got killed.

GKE, I was with you. I didn't "swear off" 24 after the last couple seasons (Season 4 was much worse than Season 5 IMO, but neither were as close to being as good as the prior 3 IMO), but I had decided that it would be "background viewing at best."

I also have to admit, that after seeing the 4 hour premier, I think this season is at least starting off better than the last couple. This time, the end-game of the 4 hour premier isn't just some lame "You stopped our big plan but thats OK cause we were REALLY doing THIS" plot, but rather a "test" and a "warning" if you will. Setting off the bomb, not in a hugely populated area, but a big enough one, was a good move for setting the tone of the show, but with 4 more out there, its at least a logical story at this point.

I didn't so much mind that Karen and Buchanon are married, there was some building chemistry between them last season.

Its also clear that people move at the speed of plot still, not "in real time." Man that guy got from the prison bus to the building lickety split, didn't he? Oh well, thats not really a big deal as long as it moves the story along.

In fact, my only real complaint about the 4 hour pilot was the POINTLESS bickering between Milo and Morris at CTU. Why must every season there be some lame-ass office drama? Its CTU for Christs sake. I really do believe that people that would work in a place like that would actually WORK. If someone even talked back once, they would be out on their ass. Period. What I don't understand, is why even put that in there? What do they think it does? No one gives a shit about it, its just annoying. It boggles my mind. Hopefully its done for the season though, cause I wont be able to take much more of that.

Lastly, the Curtis thing was OK and done believably. Keifer did a great acting job after that scene too. The light of the bomb on his face and his realizing he needs to go on was very well done too. That all could have been pulled off in a cheesy way, but I think it was all done well.

So far so good. Just check the office drama at the front door please.

What I don't understand, is why even put that in there? What do they think it does? No one gives a shit about it, its just annoying. It boggles my mind. Hopefully its done for the season though, cause I wont be able to take much more of that.

I think they do that to make Jack Bauer the only person who can save everybody. Here's this crack team of pros that actually act like children and are incompetent boobs compared to SuperMasochist Bauer

I was pretty impressed with the first four episodes. One of the things I think I like the most is that they are finally setting things with the president actually in the White House instead of him just happening to be in LA. Wayne is believable as the president and I like all of the Oval Office interations.

I was actually glad to see Milo back, as we hadn't seen him since the first year. I agree that all the petty bickering with him and Morris is a waste of time.

I too like the terrorist plot. From the very first moment of the episode we see that America is getting terrorized on a massive scale within its own borders and that sets up the bigger nuke plot nicely. I'm looking forward to the rest of the season.

I was actually glad to see Milo back, as we hadn't seen him since the first year. I agree that all the petty bickering with him and Morris is a waste of time.

And not very convincing. We're supposed to believe that Morris goes for girls? Yeah, right :p ;)

Yea, how about it?

There are a couple things about this season that I'm really having trouble buying.

First, that Wayne Palmer, from being someone who fell completely out of political circles when David didn't go for re-election, is all of a sudden the President.

Second, that the dude who was masterminding a previous Season's evil scheme (I don't remember which), the guy who looks like he could be Ron Howard if you compressed him down several inches, turns out to be Jack Bauer's brother. Riiiiiiiiight.

Oh well, there it is. Also like how they slipped in ANOTHER love triangle there with his Sister in Law? Nice.

Hell I actually had trouble adjusting to the idea that Bauer even had a dad, let alone a brother (let alone one who turned out to be the evil guy from an earlier season). I mean in 5 seasons there was never mention of family outside Kim, but BOOM! There you go. We got Bauers coming out of our assholes.

I thought the idea of Jack's brother and father and sister-in-law thing was pretty rediculous. You're right, no mention ever of anyone other than Kim and Terri. I knew that guy playing his brother looked familiar, I just figured I'd seen him in another show, but now I vaguely remember seeing him in another season, like you said, just not sure which one.

At least I like James Cromwell who looks like he'll be playing Jack's dad.

I most certainly did not see this twist coming. But I assume that that's because my head isn't in the dark scary place where the writers got this latest idea .. :p

I wonder how Logan's going to come back into it again. I'm assuming he will.

Graeme was the bad guy pulling Logan's strings in season 5.

That season would have been so much better if it had actually been the pres himself that was the evil bad guy rather than him being a puppet for some shadowy background figure ... who turns out to be Jack's Brother.

Hmmm.

Jack's evil brother? Hah-hah.

I've stopped watching so I'll enjoy reading what nonsense they continue to come up with.

Back