• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Downbelow Sound Archive

vacantlook

Super Moderator
I've tried to go to the Dowbelow Sound Archive website several times over the past week or so, but it won't load. Has anyone else experienced an inability to access the website? I sure hope it hasn't been removed from the internet; it is (was?) such an incredible Babylon 5 resource.

I've tried to go to the Downbelow Sound Archive website several times over the past week or so, but it won't load. Has anyone else experienced an inability to access the website? I sure hope it hasn't been removed from the internet; it is (was?) such an incredible Babylon 5 resource.

I was last there on July 25th at 9:53AM EDT and it was working fine then. Can't get in to it now.

Error Message:

The requested URL could not be retrieved

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

While trying to retrieve the URL: http://b5.cs.uwyo.edu/bab5

The following error was encountered:

We can not connect to the server you have requested.

This means that:

The server might be busy at this time.
The server is not reachable.

Please try later to see if you can go through.

I'll send you the owner's email addy by PM. Can't remember his name, though. I should have saved his webpage, because then I would have had it. Hindsight is 20/20. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
http://b5.cs.uwyo.edu/bab5 is back up and running. There was a hardware failure and it took me a while to get it back up and running correctly. Thanks for the e-mails, there were several and it's nice to know after all this time, people still use the site.

As for the new sounds for lost tales, give me a couple of weeks on that. My life has gotten pretty busy, but it should calm down in early September.

Jim Ward
Down Below Sound Archive

http://b5.cs.uwyo.edu/bab5 is back up and running. There was a hardware failure and it took me a while to get it back up and running correctly. Thanks for the e-mails, there were several and it's nice to know after all this time, people still use the site.

As for the new sounds for lost tales, give me a couple of weeks on that. My life has gotten pretty busy, but it should calm down in early September.

Jim Ward
Down Below Sound Archive

Ooo, a direct reply to the thread. :D

Thank you Jim for letting us know about the status of the site, and thanks for keeping the torch burning. It is a great site and a great service to the Babylon 5 fan community.

Last edited:
:DHey, maybe seker knows where that scream is we were looking for earlier!

And I love your site, Jim! :DThank you so much for getting it back online!

Wow, Seker is an actual B5TV member now... color me pleased. :)

I've visited your site more times over the past several years than I could ever hope to count. Aside from its precious content, it's also a bit nostalgic to have a look at one of the older sites on the Web which has remained cosmetically unchanged all these years. :) No fancy flash, pop-ups, or annoying ads -- just simple quick-loading HTML with a table here & there. Ah, the good ol' days...

Wow, Seker is an actual B5TV member now... color me pleased. :)

I've visited your site more times over the past several years than I could ever hope to count. Aside from its precious content, it's also a bit nostalgic to have a look at one of the older sites on the Web which has remained cosmetically unchanged all these years. :) No fancy flash, pop-ups, or annoying ads -- just simple quick-loading HTML with a table here & there. Ah, the good ol' days...

Thanks! Personally, I've always hate the pops ups, and ads that showed up on a lot of the pages. I do need to fix the search pages though...

...it's nice to know after all this time, people still use the site.

I have registered for the sole purpose of responding with an additional thanks for all you have done with the site.

Thank-you

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back