• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Is JMS a Scientologist?

Cern

Regular
just wondering. I've been reading up on Xenu and whatnot, and have run across references to a "Marcab Confederacy" and "Vorlon"

No idea. However, B5 does have lots of references to different authors and worlds, so it may just be a reference to Hubbard's fiction (which I haven't read).

just wondering.
Be happy that JMS isn't Minbari.

If he were, mere wondering about whether he might belong to such a honorless racket, would doubtless require him to challenge you with a pike (or if pikes aren't available, then at least a sizable trout).

Last edited:
i'd agree about them being generally repugnant, but i might get sued (shit licking litigious bastards).

In the very long line of religious Earth representatives seen in "The Parliament of Dreams", not one Scientologist was mentioned (at least before the fade).

Be happy that JMS isn't Minbari.

If he were, mere wondering about whether he might belong to such a honorless racket, would doubtless require him to challenge you with a pike (or if pikes aren't available, then at least a sizable trout).

I have reason to believe that JMS is a Vorlon and Doug Netter is a Shadow.

i'd agree about them being generally repugnant, but i might get sued (shit licking litigious bastards).
They tend to sue over things like copyright infringement and such. Just saying that they're generally an abhorrent lot, using methods and tactics that are almost downright evil, should actually be fine. And yeah, couldn't see JMS being too sympathetic to them, which apparently he isn't.

The only B5 person I can think of that has some sort of scientology connection would be Neil Gaiman, whose father I believe held a pretty high position in the church. Far as I know, his son has wisely decided to stay away from them though.

edit: Or maybe I'm wrong. After a quick google search, apparently Neil "was active in the denomination for a long time, but may no longer be", according to this link.

Last edited:
Because it's all about money. The more money you have, the more likely you are to be in Scientology.

But when that religion requires you to contribute $100,000 in order to find out what they really believe in ... is it really a belief structure?

[/philosophy]

But when that religion requires you to contribute $100,000 in order to find out what they really believe in ... is it really a belief structure?

What's your source for that dollar amount? Or did you just post it because you don't like the sect?

I'll admit to never having gotten through the entire book "Dianetics" but the part (about the first 1/3) that I read made a certain amount of sense. While I didn't exactly believe in things affecting us from before birth, there's a lot in it about how we tend to concentrate on the same negative things, think the same negative thoughts and that we have to 'derail' those thoughts in order to be mentally healthy. I've read the exact same things from mainstream authors under other such trendy title as 'Psycho-cybernetics' and the ever-popular 'think-positive-and-get-rich' crowd.

I'm not saying I have any love for Scientology or its followers but I don't have any love for any number of religions and IMO, there are a bunch that make as little or as much sense as Scientology.

Jan

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back