B5TV.COM. Babylon 5 forums Babylon 5 message for the fans from Claudia Christian Babylon 5
Old September 28th 12, 23:43   #1
Raw Shark
Commander

Passing of Michael O'Hare

From JMS today via Facebook:

"I regret that I must convey the sad news that Michael O'Hare passed away today. He suffered a heart attack on Sunday and was in a coma until his passing this afternoon. This is a terrible loss for all B5 fans and everyone involved with the show wishes to convey their condolences to the O'Hare family. He was an amazing man."

I was a big fan of his from the start. I thought his voice conveyed the depth of B5. R.I.P.

Raw Shark
Raw Shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 29th 12, 01:30   #2
dencor
Commander

Send a message via Yahoo to dencor
Re: Passing of Michael O'Hare

Damn. More sad news out of the B5 universe. Sometime back, I remember JMS asking on Facebook for fans help in locating Michael O'Hare. I think JMS posted that he was found and that things were not good or as suspected, though not sure on that. Mr. O'Hare, I guess left Hollywood sometime after B5 and I cannot remember the last time he attended a SciFi convention. So most of us never had the chance to meet him. I did like his portrayal of Sinclair and admit, I was a litte upset when he did not return to B5 after season 1. My prayers go out to Mr. O'Hares family and close friends. He will be missed. In memory still bright.
dencor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 29th 12, 08:04   #3
KoshN

[sigh] Nothing's the same anymore. I never met him, either, and also loved his acting as Sinclair.

Michael O'Hare (Sinclair): 09/28/2012
Jeff Conaway (Zack Allen): 05/27/2011
Edward Woodward (Alwyn): 11/16/2009
Johnny Sekka (Dr. Kyle): 09/14/2006
Andreas Katsulas (G’Kar): 02/13/2006
Tim Choate (Zathras): 09/24/2004
Richard Biggs (Dr. Franklin): 05/22/2004

A much more complete list that OmahaStar posted on JMS News:
http://www.comicmix.com/news/obituar...el-ohare-2012/
....plus Michael O'Hare (Sinclair): 09/28/2012.
Max Eilerson: "The story of my life. I finally find a city like this, intact, deserted for ten thousand years. Probably contains hundreds of patents that I could exploit and I'm going to die. I can appreciate dramatic irony as much as the next person, but this is pushing it a bit."

Last edited by KoshN; September 29th 12 at 08:46.
KoshN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 29th 12, 08:31   #4
AntonyF
Administrator

I was very sad to hear this today.

For me his voice is what I'll remember most... the first thing I did was look this up:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtrUhIuEqdY

RIP
Old September 29th 12, 09:51   #5
Galahad
First One

Send a message via MSN to Galahad Send a message via Yahoo to Galahad Send a message via Skype™ to Galahad

Incredibly sad to hear this. I loved Sinclair as a character and I don't like it when people moan about the 1st season on account of him. It seems appropriate that today, the day we hear this... is the feast of St. Michael.

"Commander Sinclair is being reassigned."

Rest in peace and may his family know the warmth and light of comfort during this terrible time

"We have seen his glory, the glory of the One and Only, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth."

Visit NiCK'S SANCTUARY
Galahad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 29th 12, 12:15   #6
maneth
Ambassador

Such sad news indeed. I just rewatched War Without End a few days ago too...

My tribute:

Old September 29th 12, 20:34   #7
GeoKuutio
First One

Real shame. I rewatched the B5 some time ago (like a year) and it just hit me, that I've never met most of the guys and gals of that show... and now... well. Sigh. May he rest in piece.
Old September 30th 12, 05:53   #8
dencor
Commander

Send a message via Yahoo to dencor

Any chance of someone putting together a video tribute to the memory of Michael O'Hares character; like was done for Richard and Andreas ? I would do it myself but am not good at such things. Ill be watching " AND THE SKY FULL OF STARS, " this night in memory of Michael O'Hare. I can't explain it. I never knew Mr. O'Hare but I am sad and almost in tears.
dencor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 30th 12, 13:44   #9
Galahad
First One

Send a message via MSN to Galahad Send a message via Yahoo to Galahad Send a message via Skype™ to Galahad

Quote:
Originally Posted by dencor View Post
Any chance of someone putting together a video tribute to the memory of Michael O'Hares character; like was done for Richard and Andreas ? I would do it myself but am not good at such things. Ill be watching " AND THE SKY FULL OF STARS, " this night in memory of Michael O'Hare. I can't explain it. I never knew Mr. O'Hare but I am sad and almost in tears.
Yeah... Sinclair's arc lends really well to a video tribute. I was looking for one all yesterday but there are only a few segmented bits.

"We have seen his glory, the glory of the One and Only, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth."

Visit NiCK'S SANCTUARY
Galahad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 30th 12, 22:02   #10
puzzle
Telepath

Sad to hear... and not much useful to say. I wonder though, why do I expect there to be something *useful* to say... can't be.
puzzle is offline   Reply With Quote