• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

B5:TLT -- just the news. And we mean that.

I guess since I learned computers back in the day before all the windows shortcuts were popular at my school, I find the code easier to remember usually than displaying a new menu, etc, etc. :)

Now, so sorry to the thread, Just the news and only the news :eek:

Now, so sorry to the thread, Just the news and only the news :eek:

Well, the link thing was evidently news to you, so I'll let it slide. ;)

Besides, anyone who finds it "easier" to type out all that crap instead of clicking on an icon and simply pasting the URL from the target page into the space provided clearly deserves to have some slack cut. ;)

Regards,

Joe

I think this qualifies as news... I just saw a TV ad for B5 TLT. It was short, mentioned the extras, had a shot of JMS. It ran during the HD version of ST TOS. I seem to remember a big argument, way back, with some saying WHV should advertise TLT on TV, and others saying they never would, because it wouldn't make economic sense. I didn't take a side, but if those who did want to continue the argument, it should be done in the discussion thread... :D

Last edited:
I seem to remember a big argument, way back, with some saying WHV should advertise TLT on TV, and others saying they never would, because it wouldn't make ecopnomic sense

I think your memory is playing tricks on you. :) There was never any argument about WHV advertising TLT in obviously SF friendly venues like the ST:TOS reruns. WHV has similarly advertised previous B5 DVD releases.

The argument was specifically that if only WB (or rather, Del Rey) had advertised the B5 novels on mainstream TV shows in order to induce people who had never before heard of B5 or shown any interest in SF to run out and buy them, the books would have done better. Some of us mildly pointed out that nobody had crafted an advertisement that enticing in the entire history of the medium, so it seemed unlikely that Del Rey or Warner Bros. could have done so at this late date. I suppose that someone might also have suggested that the DVDs be advertised on shows whose core audience had no interest in SF, and that this would have drawn a similar response, but I don't have any specific recollection of that happening.

None of the people who comment on such things around here would have argued that it made no economic sense to advertise an SF-based TV-on-DVD product to people watching an SF show on TV. The people who don't understand how advertising works would have argued that all advertising makes sense, and the ones who do would recognize this as a specific case that actually does make sense. ;)

Regards,

Joe

Last edited:
It's evolving as I watch, now it's up for pre-order at £10.49 plus p&p. Play.com is a better deal at £9.99 including p&p, but I think I will order it from Amazon to help push it up the sales rank. Wonder if we can push it to the same dizzying heights as our US cousins? Incidentally, it's released on the same day as BSG season 3, which seems dumb (and that's currently at number 22).

Last edited:
Not all advertising. For example, it wouldn't make much sense to advertise B5:TLT during wrestling.

I'm just happy it got airtime on a broadcast station.

On the Contrary Kosh, apparently SciFi channel believes SciFi and Wrestling go hand in hand, so, it must be a good idea to advertise during wrestling :rolleyes:

Sorry if this has already been mentioned lately, but has there been any word yet of TLT in HD on the Xbox Live Marketplace? I see it's still not available and I've been trying to hold out to have my first viewing in HD.

If there's still been no word I might just go ahead and break down and watch it in SD.

I've not heard anything since the first announcement that it would be on XBox Live, and that said it would be day-and-date with the DVD release. Sorry. :(

I've not heard anything since the first announcement that it would be on XBox Live, and that said it would be day-and-date with the DVD release. Sorry. :(
Yeah, it's weird that it didn't go up day-and-date.

From what I understand the HD version of TLT finally went up yesterday though. :)

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back