• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Bourne Ultimatum

A_Ranger

Regular
Has anyone else seen it yet?

I was lucky enough to get to see it for free on Thursday at USC, because they do screenings quite frequently. They did 300 earlier in the spring, but usually they don't do blockbuster movies.

Anyway, I quite enjoyed it. The action was superb, even with Paul Greengrass's annoying shaky handheld camera work. I prefer Doug Liman who filmed things so we could actually see what was going on. Still, the fights were superb and very gritty, making it feel very realistic. Watching Bourne beat the piss out of people always makes me giddy.

The film also did a good job with keeping the same old "someone wants to frame/kill Bourne" plot engaging and intellectually stimulating. My only real complaint is the obvious Abu Gharib/political overtones that just came across as silly and pretentious. Overall, a good end to the series. At least I hope it's the end...

I didn't think the previous Bourne films were anything special. I had been calling this one The Still-Bourne Ultimatum, but I love shakey-cam work, and like topical political allusions. Besides that, John Stewart acted like he liked it, so maybe I'll check it out... :D

My wife and I saw this yesterday. I thought it was really good. I was kind of annoyed that the theater was so packed that we had to sit in the fourth row and we had to keep moving our heads back and forth, especially for the subtitles.

I saw the first one way back when it came out on DVD and never saw the second until we rented them both last week to get caught up on what was happening. Overall, I think it was a fitting end to the trilogy. I am glad that Bourne and Nicki didn't end up hooking up, as I was afraid they were going to try and pull that off.

I'm still not quite sure why they included the part where Bourne goes to his brother-in-law's and tells him that his sister died.

I had some fat headed jerk off with a hat in front of me... he kept bobbing his head back and forth like he was trying to crack his neck. I wanted to kick in the back of the head.

Anyway... the movie was actually pretty good. I like how apperantly him & Nicki had something going before he lost it. I wanted to see them hook up but I was still happy with the ending.

Back