• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Bad DVD Cases

A_Ranger

Regular
This is rather old, but I was just about to start watching the dvd's again when I remembered the season 1 sets have the bad cases and the discs always come loose, scratching the discs. Thankfully, I got one of those disc cleaners so they play just fine now, but they're still gonna be loose in that stupid packaging.

Has anyone ever found a solution to this?

A couple of my sets had a couple of loose DVDs in them when they arrived, but, I believe it's because the factory didn't seat them properly. As long as I seat them properly, they don't come loose on their own.

It's also true that they are much more likely to get vibrated off when being shipped (with the bouncing of the trucks etc., on top of the periodic jostling of being tossed and bounced around by handlers) than they ever are when sitting on your shelf at home.

This is rather old, but I was just about to start watching the dvd's again when I remembered the season 1 sets have the bad cases and the discs always come loose, scratching the discs. Thankfully, I got one of those disc cleaners so they play just fine now, but they're still gonna be loose in that stupid packaging.

Has anyone ever found a solution to this?

Yes, seat the DVDs properly on the hubs and don't travel with the DVDs in those cases. When transporting the B5 DVDs, put them in better cases, ones that have an active hub design, not a passive (no moving parts, friction-fit hub).

Well I just tossed the cases and bought my own, so that I can add the homemade cover art posted here a while back. They hold the DVDs real nice.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back