B5TV.COM. Babylon 5 forums Babylon 5 message for the fans from Claudia Christian Babylon 5

Go Back   B5TV.COM > Babylon 5, Crusade and Rangers > B5.world

Old April 25th 09, 20:48   #11
Kara Baxter
Telepath

Re: Cool stuff in season 1

ok i didn't catch this the other 4 times i watched b5 on dvd..

but the first ep, where sinclair is framed for killing Kosh...then deathwalker's buds -
and i didn't make the connection that the wind swords were responsible for both. I thought that was interesting.

Then this is later on in the seasons...the Katlyin character who's a singer - she is mentioned again when marcus is on the white star, and susan is dying...and he is researching Franklin's logs. franklin mentions her as dead.

so that's another thing i missed.
Kara Baxter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th 09, 07:04   #12
maneth
Ambassador

From the second time I watched B5, I noticed how Delenn was building the support for the triluminary she used in Crysalis whenever they'd show her in her quarters. This from about midway in the 1st season.
Old April 26th 09, 22:02   #13
B5_Obsessed
First One

The old "hide in plain site". Everyone just figures aliens like to play with colorful triangles.
B5_Obsessed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 27th 09, 02:44   #14
Kara Baxter
Telepath

i never even noticed her building the triluminary. it wasn't till someone pointed it out later on i noticed.

but, since you brought it up. it took delenn all season to build that, and sinclair - he built it in 15 mins..or however long it takes to travel 1000 years back in time...

what was up with that! lol
Old April 27th 09, 04:11   #15
grumbler
Ambassador

Remember Delenn's conversation with Kosh in "Chrysalis?"

"I have great doubts. I must know if it's true. I must see with my own eyes." Kosh comes out of his encounter suit. Delenn says ""Yes, thank you. Now I will keep the promise."

What was it that she had to know was "true" that would respond to her "great doubts?"

I only understood that exchange when In the Beginning came out. Dukhat said ""If you ever have doubt about your actions, all you need do is look upon the face of a Vorlon. Once you see that all doubt is erased forever."

What Delenn was asking for was to see the face of Kosh, to erase her doubts. Once she sees that, she is satisfied.

What is cool about this is that Delenn's response to Dukhat's words come, in show time, more than three years before he says them!
grumbler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 27th 09, 13:48   #16
GKarsEye
First One

Actually the answer to that was revealed in the season 2 finale. When Kosh saved Sheridan, he appeared as an angel. This imagery- the idea that Vorlons are demigods- motivates and inspires Delenn for the first half the series.

One of my favorite threads of the show is how she turns against some of her most cherished beliefs to arrive at greater truths and stronger self-determination.
"Most smart people cannot watch most TV, because it has generally been a condescending medium, explaining everything immediately, offering no ambiguities, and using dialogue that simplifies and mitigates against the idiosyncratic ways in which people in different worlds actually communicate. It eventually requires that characters from different places talk the same way as the viewer. This, of course, sucks." - David Simon
GKarsEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 27th 09, 22:14   #17
Kara Baxter
Telepath

ok i don't want to start another thread..but i never did get sheridian's kosh dream..

you are the hand, do you know who i am?

ok so telepaths were the key and susan was a telepath..thus telepaths defeated the shadows..

and what was the 'you are the hand'.?

but what's with the crow?

and psi cop?

was this part of the telepath's in chriogentic tubes?

and i didn't make the connection that the hardware in the telepaths were put in by those same aliens that kidnapped john.
Old April 27th 09, 23:19   #18
Sindatur
Techno-mage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kara Baxter View Post
ok i don't want to start another thread..but i never did get sheridian's kosh dream..

you are the hand, do you know who i am?

ok so telepaths were the key and susan was a telepath..thus telepaths defeated the shadows..

and what was the 'you are the hand'.?

but what's with the crow?

and psi cop?

was this part of the telepath's in chriogentic tubes?

and i didn't make the connection that the hardware in the telepaths were put in by those same aliens that kidnapped john.
Check out the Lurker's guide starting with the Dream episode and working your way forward, I believe there are some inciteful comments regarding this whole thing
Sindatur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th 09, 05:22   #19
KoshFan
Soul Hunter

Sheridan himself comes up with an explanation late in Season 3... although I'm not convinced he'd figured everything out. "The Man In Between" may not be who he thinks, at that point.

The Generous Grasp
KoshFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th 09, 05:40   #20
Kara Baxter
Telepath

yea who's the man in between? bester?