• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

WB Possibly thinking Big Screen B5 movie.

Well, to be a bit pedantic, it's my understanding that in the original BSG series the robot-cylons were not created by humans but by an extraterrestrial reptilian race that were also called "cylon". At least, that's what Wikipedia says.

To be a bit more pedantic, according to novelizations of the first few eipsodes, the cylons are technically speaking not robots but cyborgs. Higher ranking cylons have an additional brain section and the Imperious Leader had a third brain section. I gathered their power structure was a bit like queen bees being fed royal jelly.

To be a bit more pedantic, according to novelizations of the first few eipsodes, the cylons are technically speaking not robots but cyborgs. Higher ranking cylons have an additional brain section and the Imperious Leader had a third brain section. I gathered their power structure was a bit like queen bees being fed royal jelly.

Indeed with armour being grafted onto their skin at some stage.The brains of old Imperious Leaders were also kept with the current leader communing with them.

Also the war started when the Humans interfered in another war the Cylons were having although we hear nothing of what happened to to the race that the Cylons were fighting.

The tv series should at least centurians to be robotic however.Then again it also showed Balter getting his head chopped off in the original pilot before bringing him back.

Anyway back on topic I wouldn't want to see characters played by anyone else but the original cast but I don't think that the original cast are needed to tell a B5 story.

Bruce Willis as Garibaldi's great grandson would be amusing :devil:

I'm not so sure about wanting stories told that have already been told in book form.I wouldn't mind a story of things that have been hinted at such as the war that Garibaldi starts as a hologram and seeing how the Rangers came to care for a shattered Earth.

I would like to see something like Thirdspace which had action enough to keep the pace high,was easily watchable as a stand alone but which still drew on all the background of the series.

I still doubt anything will be made though :(

I can't wait to hear this one fail. If there is one thing that honks me off, its old school BSG who decry the new one at every stage in an unreasonable fashion. It was pure 70's cheese, glorious and ridiculous in the same way, and should stay there. It sounds a bit nasty, but I really hope they never see this movie.

They are the same 10 people and I see them on every other site I visit. I cannot honestly belive this movie is being made for the GINO crowd.

If we live in a world where Larson can get a budget for old school BSG but JMS cannot make more B5 with less that $10, then there is no jsutice, none I say !!!

Lets all hope sanity prevails.

Sorry to derail this thread further.

*further derails....

I agree. I know people who are still hung up on the whole, "OMGZORZ, Starbuck is a GIRL? WHAT? Next thing you'll be giving her a real GUN and voting rights!"

As a movie, the only thing they could do at this point (imho) is to make it kind of a "joke" with super effects (i.e. Lost in Space.) Matt LeBlanc could be their new male-Starbuck and Ben Stiller as Apollo. Hell, give me a million bucks and I'll pen it for them. I'll even add in the stupid kiddie crap and robot animals. I could probably crank it out in one night (while watching reruns of America's Next Top Model.)

It might appeal to the mindless masses who eat up Journey to the Center of the Earth remakes and 70's fart-jokes.

I'm not so sure about wanting stories told that have already been told in book form.

I'd love to see the three Del Rey trilogies and "The Shadow Within" filmed, but Andreas being gone, rules out Legions of Fire. Filming the stories that have already been told in novels would make those stories more accessible to people who won't read novels.

Pedanticisim is cute though, .....

Not always. TRUST ME on that one. :rolleyes: Sometimes it's just a royal pain in the ass (and no, I'm not referring to Galahad.), and I'm reminded of what Elric once said:

"I could warn you of course, but you would not listen. I could kill you, but someone would take your place. So I do the only thing I can, I go."
-- Londo and Elric in Babylon 5:"The Geometry of Shadows

Last edited:
I lurk here occasionally and I ran across this tidbit and thought everyone here would be interested. Looks like JMS' clout as a movie writer maybe paying off on the B5 front.

Read the news from JMS at Skewed and Reviewed

http://sknr.net/2009/01/19/warner-bros-may-be-ready-to-bring-babylon-5-to-the-big-screen/

Hello everyone,

Being new here, I really appreciate the information this site has to offer. I've been looking for a web presence such as this for some time now. :)

I am curious, if anyone has heard anything new regarding the clipping above. As it is nearly April now, I figure I go ahead an ask.

The best to you all,
Rick
InsideKSC.com

Hey there RF. Just wanted to say welcome!

I kind of push this to the back of my mind. I think we're all a little weary about it, though I'm still hopeful! It's fun to speculate.

When we interviewed JMS for my site, I asked him if there was any chance that we'd see the movie script in some form - perhaps simply published, perhaps as a graphic novel a novelization. He said nope, that wasn't a-gonna' happen.

Back