• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

EpDis: In The Shadow Of Z'ha'dum

Acts Of Sacrifice

• C -- Average

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • D -- Poor

• F -- Failure

• Total voters
Re: EpDis: In The Shadown Of Z\'ha\'dum

Excellent episode. It's among my favorite. I love seeing the darker side of Sheridan (which develops and becomes darker as the years go by).

This is a good ep, and a pivotal one. It has Vir's excellent answer to Morden's "What do you want?," and it has Sheridan asking Morden "Who are you." I am giving C's to eps I didn't care for, A's to those I thought the very best, so that leaves this fine ep in the B class, for me.

I do admit I love this ep. It's the first time we really see some backbone in Vir, isn't it? And Sherridan shows what a desperate person might just do given his power, even if it does end up being a horrible abuse of friends and laws. And I almost think of intelligence. If he hadn't seen that brief image of the shadows with Morden, would he have given up, even with what Delenn and Kosh had told him?

And it's interesting to see, in retrospect, how much that very human moment led to the much more final shadow encounter that was later to come. So... I gave it an A. :D

Re: EpDis: In The Shadow Of Z\'ha\'dum

I like this one a lot too, and also gave it an A. From great little moments like Vir vs Morden, to huge moments like Delenn telling us about the Shadows and the revelation that the Vorlons are one among the First Ones, this is a monumental episode.

Excellent episode. It's among my favorite. I love seeing the darker side of Sheridan (which develops and becomes darker as the years go by).

My sentiment exactly.

This is a top, top episode. I love seeing Sheridan getting reckless, stopping at nothing to find out what happened to his wife, even to the extent of abusing his power and his friends. How far is he willing to go for someone he loves? Sheridan's willing to go all the way- until Delenn stops him with the revelation about the Shadows. This is the moment we've been waiting for all season.

Plus there's a good role for Zack, the introduction of the Nightwatch (which we all missed at the time because we were so engrossed in the main plot) and one of Vir's best moments.

One of the best B5 episodes.

This is the one where Sheridan keeps Morden prisoner and interrogates him about his wife and Garibaldi quits, right?

Yeah, A, definitely.

He wants an answer to that when there are TWO Lurker's Guide links in the first post. :p

Yes, old Mighty, it's that episode. One of my favorite, too. I see I wasn't alone in giving it an A. :)

This is a good ep, and a pivotal one. It has Vir's excellent answer to Morden's "What do you want?," and it has Sheridan asking Morden "Who are you."

Heh, asking the Vorlon question of the Shadow agent. :LOL:

Excellant one of the privotal eps of the show and Vir gets a back bone finally standing up it seems.

Excellant one of the privotal eps of the show and Vir gets a back bone finally standing up it seems.

You wanna see Vir stand up, how about that ep where he trashes that Drazi's fruit stand. :LOL:

You wanna see Vir stand up, how about that ep where he trashes that Drazi's fruit stand. :LOL:

But even better than Vir's actual trashing of the Drazi's stand is Londo standing there looking like a proud father. Priceless! It's those moments that make B5 for me.

:D

Yeah, Zach tells Sheridan that Londo looked like a proud father. ;)

It is a fine episode indeed in that we get to see Sheridan act like something other than the perfect hero. Too often, shows and movies have heroes that are so "good" that even if they are tempted to do evil that the audience never believes that the character was really challenged or torn.

It is a minor quibble but when Delenn and Kosh came to Sheridan, I thought the captain was a bit too slow in comprehending that the Vorlons were one of the first ones. I understand that the Vorlons have done their best to conceal their identity but when Delenn mentioned that one of the other First Ones was still around, I think it would have been better if Sheridan had paused and then asked "The Vorlons?" while looking at Kosh. Others may disagree but that is how I saw that scene anyway.

It is a fine episode indeed in that we get to see Sheridan act like something other than the perfect hero. Too often, shows and movies have heroes that are so "good" that even if they are tempted to do evil that the audience never believes that the character was really challenged or torn.

It is a minor quibble but when Delenn and Kosh came to Sheridan, I thought the captain was a bit too slow in comprehending that the Vorlons were one of the first ones. I understand that the Vorlons have done their best to conceal their identity but when Delenn mentioned that one of the other First Ones was still around, I think it would have been better if Sheridan had paused and then asked "The Vorlons?" while looking at Kosh. Others may disagree but that is how I saw that scene anyway.

With foreknowledge of the series, yea, it makes more sense. But a first run through the series, I think it plays better with Sheridan in ignorance.

Besides, it's a great reveal. I love Kosh's solemn nod as Sheridan guesses.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back