• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Episode Prop Question: Ranger Helmet

caleb86

Hey guys,
I work at The Prop Store of London. We buy and sell great props from films and television shows.
We have a Ranger helmet here from Babylon 5 and can't figure out which episode it was featured in.

Babylon5_RangerHelmet_1.jpg

If anyone knows it would be a great help.

Thanks,
Caleb

It’s not a Ranger helmet. They didn’t wear any . . . . . wore hoods sometimes.

The red thing was part of the armour worn by the attacking troops of an unknown (at least unnamed race) that was boarding the station. Season 5 episode “ A View from the Gallery”. It's the only episode the race appaeared in.

[edit]
(I’ve really being watching too much of that show ; )

A helmet of the same sort showed up on Ebay a while back. I don't remember what it sold for.

Jan

Thanks for the help, guys. We'll be putting some of these props up on our website soon.

Can you help me with this one?

B5_RedMantis_1.jpg

Thanks,
Caleb
Propstore.com

That's n'grath's (no capital letters) head. n'grath was a character resembling a praying mantis in a few first season episodes, a crime boss in DownBelow. The first episode he was seen in was in 'Soul Hunter'.

Jan

That one's a twofer, actually. It was also used on "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" in "Teacher's Pet" -- which is why the whole construct is now in pieces.

I looked at the 'Soul Hunter' episode and n'grath looked to have bluish green eyes rather than red. I don't have the buffy episodes to check that.

Jan

Yeah. I found n'garth, who's blue. And I watched the episode of Buffy, and that mantis has gold eyes (we have that head too). I don't know what the red one could be from.

Thanks for your help.

Caleb
Propstore.com

Yeah. I found n'garth, who's blue. And I watched the episode of Buffy, and that mantis has gold eyes (we have that head too). I don't know what the red one could be from.

Thanks for your help.

Caleb
Propstore.com

In the first Season of B5, they played with the lighting quite a bit, so perhaps it's possible they tried both Red and Blue to get the color and lighting where they wanted it? I like to view the darker lighting at the beginning of the series as part of the story telling, you're in the dark at the beginning of the Series, and as the series progresses you gain more knowledge and start stepping into the light ;)

Here's another one. The inside of this suit says Triad/Beserkeron. It may not even be from Babylon 5. Any ideas?

beserkeron_1.jpg

Thanks again,
Caleb
Prop Store of London

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back