• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

There is a Scifi rangers site. . .

soo...

<table bgcolor=black><tr><td bgcolor=black><font size=1 color=white>Spoiler:</font></td></tr><tr><td><font size=2 color=black> So is the all new enemy the Drakh? or something else JMS has up his sleave?
</font></td></tr></table>

------------------
This is Vir Cotto. This user name is only temporary until I get back home next week.

My first thoughts was that it is the Drakh but this is JMS we are talking about....so you never know
wink.gif

------------------
"And so it begins..." - Kosh

I dunno..the Drakh never really gave me the creeps anyway in the category the shadows did...
I'll put my trust on JMS to come up with something cool

------------------
Been there, done that

I believe, that new enemy will not be the Drakh.

------------------

The Drakh wouldn't really be a new enemy, would they?
crazy.gif

It could be a new race. I mean, if there's a city... billions of years old... it certainly means that there's a lot in the galaxy we don't know anything about. Why wouldn't there be another "new" (i.e. previously not encountered) race roaming around somewhere? Someone who don't like the Alliance, for instance?

Not necessarily a very old race - although it could be, just not a "First One" status race - but just someone we've not met yet.

------------------
"It's animal magnetism. What can I say."

Maybe this new race will want to take control. Since the shadows or vorlons would never really let any one in control this new enemy would find it very good that all of the first one's have finally left the galaxy. Just a tought but I don't think it could be the Drakh.

------------------
I love chaos...

The Drakh weren't the Only race that served the Shadows. Probably not even the most Dangerous or the most "Senior" in terms of how advanced they are.

I'd bet the new race is a step or two further up the Shadow hierarchy. Nastier, sneakier, maybe even Smarter.

------------------
Yes, I like cats too.
Shall we exchange Recipes?

In my opinion it could still be the Drakh. Remember, in 2265 G'kar has never seen a Drakh as far as we know. And the Minbari only encountered them once, in 'Lines of communication'.
And if I remember Crusade's episode War Zone correctly, ISN said earth has been attacked by an unknown alien race. Gideon said they only knew a name, the Drakh.
So the Drakh are still an unknow race to the people, and perhaps to the minbari people too.

<table bgcolor=black><tr><td bgcolor=black><font size=1 color=white>Spoiler:</font></td></tr><tr><td><font size=2 color=black>
The archeological dig mentioned in the trailer could be the dig by the Drakh to an ancient Shadow base, as described in the Centrauri Prime trilogy book 2. It's a guess, I don't know if the dates match. Dates giving in the CP books are inacurate, so they don't rule out this option</font></td></tr></table>

------------------
"I don't watch TV. It’s a cultural wasteland filled with inappropriate metaphors and an unrealistic portrayal of life created by the liberal media-elite."

there is the actor portraying a new species,

maybe he could be one of the new eneny...

------------------
I have always been here...

It is a completely new never-seen-before race.

------------------
Dreg: "Most beauteous and supremely magnificent one, this dark spell I hold in my worthless and scabby hand is our gift to you, most tingly and wonderful Glorificus..."
Glory: "Please, call me Glory. And get up, looking at you is hurting my neck."
Dreg: "Forgive me, shiny special one. I beg of you to rip out my inadequate tongue."
Glory: "Gimme."

In my opinion it will be an entirely new race that we'll get to meet, but he could bring in one of the races from crusade or from B5 itself that didn't get much time in the series, but that's just my opinion, and as always with JMS, we won't be disappointed

------------------

If I remember correctly, when the Drakh are first mentioned on B5, Londo reacts rather strongly. They are a Legend. One used to frighten children. The Minbari seem to know who they are too.

They just haven't been SEEN around the galactic neighborhood in almost a Thousand Years.

Most likely: at the end of the previous war, the Shadows told their allies to keep a low profile until they came back.

Or, considering that the Drakh seem to have lost their Homeworld at some point, they might have been in hibernation along with the Shadows.

------------------
Yes, I like cats too.
Shall we exchange Recipes?

Did you catch this tidbit at the end???

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Babylon 5: The Legend of the Rangers will serve as the pilot for a potential SCI FI Channel series.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

------------------
Teeps rule; Mundanes get spaced

Revere the Founders
Obey the Vorta
And don't poke the Jem'Hadar

Babylon 5: The Legend of the Rangers is an all-new, full-length action-adventure telefilm from the original creative team behind the popular Emmy Award-winning Babylon 5 series and movies. Fresh and familiar faces abound (Andreas Katsulas is to reprise his role from Babylon 5 as Citizen G'Kar). Produced by Warner Brothers Television, the two-hour telefilm will be executive produced by Douglas Netter and executive producer/creator J. Michael Straczynski. Babylon 5: The Legend of the Rangers is written by J. Michael Straczynski, and will be directed by Michael Vejar (B5: In the Beginning, B5: A Call to Arms).

Babylon 5: The Legend of the Rangers picks up the story of the legendary Ranger fleet as they attempt to restore order to hundreds of civilizations devastated by the Shadow War. Practicing a unique alien philosophy, the Rangers are an elite and mysterious fighting force composed of female and male humans and Minbari trained in space warfare and every conceivable form of martial arts. This new chapter in creator Straczynski's fascinating universe finds the Rangers faced with deadly challenges in their attempt to create peace out of the war's destruction and the emergence of a new enemy. Babylon 5: The Legend of the Rangers will serve as the pilot for a potential SCI FI Channel series.

My favorite part is "the emergence of a new enemy."

------------------

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back