• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

EpDis: Crusade: Visitors From Down The Street

Visitors From Down The Street

• A -- Excellent

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • B -- Good

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • C -- Average

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • D -- Poor

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • F -- Failure

Votes: 1 7.7%

• Total voters
I gave this an 'A' because even though I disliked the alien head prosthetics and the blatant X-Files accouterments, I liked the writing and the performances. There are lots of great quotes in this episode. Overall, at the end, I find I'm very much pleased with this episode.

Last edited:
gave it an A it's a great episode, admittedly it is one giant cliché, but sometimes they are fun, as in this case.

Well, that was weird … But, it’s kind of cute.

Although I agree with KoshN that the alien head prosthetics weren’t so great, I think the costume department still did a great job on this episode, because I could tell that those two aliens were supposed to be Mulder and Scully before anyone even said anything.

This sort of joke/homage episode seems like something you would see on a show in a later season, it seems kind of risky to do something like that pretty early in season 1. But, as I said, it’s kind of cute. I laughed pretty hard when the alien Mulder pulled out that picture of their version of Roswell with the cute smiling human waving hello. I don’t think this sort of thing would have worked on Babylon 5, but the tone of Crusade is clearly very different and it works here.

On the actual X Files, Mulder and Scully are always a team. This was more the Mulder show with Scully as a sidekick. I guess the budget only allowed for one actor with a lot of lines, not two …

I again liked the little bit of background information about telepaths and the new post-Psi Corps rules that we get from the dialog between the Captain and Matheson.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back