• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

And The Difference Between The B5:TMoS Situation..

Re: And The Difference Between The B5:TMoS Situati

Raiders. Human but not entirely so.

Hmmm, I must watch Serenity again. Mutated humans? Gene-manipulated humans?

That's "Reavers".

And Reavers *were* humans ..... just humans that had been exposed to a particular psycho-active agent.

Oh, and the upside-down cow fetus was in a carnival side show at the beginning of one of the episodes of Firefly, billed as an alien.

That's "Reavers".

And Reavers *were* humans ..... just humans that had been exposed to a particular psycho-active agent.

Oops, ....Babylonian slip. :LOL:

Oh, and the upside-down cow fetus was in a carnival side show at the beginning of one of the episodes of Firefly, billed as an alien.

I'll have to look for it. :)

Let us not forget that Enterprise was one sorry excuse of a Trek series, especially in Seasons 1 & 2. Ditto for Voyager, except that Voyager had seven sorry seasons. Personally, I am sick to death of Trek, and that includes the name Trek, the Trek look of everything being clean brushed metal, the Trek reset button, the old tired Trek writers, and the Trek PC-ness. To me, a new Trek series is about as appealing an idea as eating nothing but a plain baked potato (no salt, no butter, no sour cream, I mean plain.) for breakfast, lunch and supper, every day for the next seven years.

:LOL: :LOL:

Well, if nothing else this thread has made me laugh! That was my Voyager expeirence also... you've reminded me why i turned off from Trek....

We will still see more Trek before we see more B5 though. Betcha.

And i don't want to sound like those old-school BSG fans, i've interacted with a more than a few, and they scare me. (And there are only like 20 of them out there, they just post on the same 15 sites... but thats another rant for another day....)

So i guess we just shut up about it? Difficult on a B5 discussion board!!
Peace out guys!
:p

That's "Reavers".

Reavers, raiders, whatever :D I must have been thinking about that Raver Reading party Wash mentioned :LOL:

And yes, although Reavers were once human, they were so far removed from the norm that they served the function of aliens in Serenity.

Unfortunately, I think B5 gets schlopped in with Star Trek (and even to some extent, Star Wars) where people ARE expecting to see silly aliens or funny-looking make-up / costuming.

Oh, who is going to be the Vulcan-like race in THIS movie/show?
Who is going to be the comic relief?
Who is going to be the bad-a$$ alien that will own everyone.

I consider Battlestar Galactica the most successful sci-fi show out there now. Hmm, no aliens there (though I've heard rumors that they plan to introduce aliens at some point.) Maybe people are tired of aliens. I dunno. I don't mind em. =)

I'll have to look for it. :)

It's at the beginning of "The Message".

I consider Battlestar Galactica the most successful sci-fi show out there now. Hmm, no aliens there (though I've heard rumors that they plan to introduce aliens at some point.) Maybe people are tired of aliens. I dunno. I don't mind em. =)

Perhaps it's currently, strongly in vogue to turn ones nose up at any non-human looking aliens. Maybe they'll be using nothing but standard makeup (powder, coloring, etc.) in the next Trek. We could be back to old style Klingons. Let's see them explain that! :LOL:

Ref.:
Day of the Dove

320x240.jpg

Hey, if the character in the middle of that photo can show up in DS9 as a new style Kilingon, then surely they can go back again. ;) :D

Hey, if the character in the middle of that photo can show up in DS9 as a new style Kilingon, then surely they can go back again. ;) :D

I like the actor better as Elric. ;)

Who knew?

Are you kidding? DId you ever see Worf's mate, Alexander's mother? :)

As for avoiding aliens, or at least non-human ones, make-up is one of the biggest expenses on SF shows and everybody is under pressure to hold down costs. (I once wrote a series proposal in which all the alien races had been wiped out by a genetically engineered plague 100 years before the pilot so that we could have exotic locations and technologies floating around, but not have to portray any actual aliens. :))

Regards,

Joe

Except that the series' writer/director has said that he will never going to include aliens in the Galactica. Rumors are rumors. Leave them at that.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back