• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Lost: "Do No Harm" - Episode 20 (spoilers)

Sindatur

Regular
Lost: \"Do No Harm\" - Episode 20 (spoilers)

If you don't wanna know, turn back.

Tonight is supposed to be the episode where the main character dies and Claire gives birth.

Re: Lost: \"Do No Harm\" - Episode 20 (spoilers)

Great episode! It seems as if someone from the main cast finally did actually die. I'm curious as to why they chose to make it Boone. Maybe because he wouldn't have really had much development? I'm still curious as to why Locke just ran off and didn't come back, and also as to why he lied to Jack, saying Boone had fallen off a cliff. Would it really have made that much a difference if he'd told them that they'd found a crashed plane? Every time I think I start to understand Locke, they throw in a curveball.

It was cool to see Claire finally have her baby, even after she acted like she wanted to keep it in. Kind of ironic that at the time one life begins another one ends. I wonder if this also has something to do with the island. Even Sawyer had a smirk on his face when looking at the baby.

I wonder how Boone's death is going to affect Shannon. Something will probably end up happening with that. Now Jack's going after Locke. We'll see what happens.

It was awfully predictable. If Boone had survived, but Claire had died in labor, that would have been a twist, and given Jack something to really feel guilty about.

I felt sorry for Shannon for the the first time in the show, watching her weep over Boone's body.

I'm actually okay with Boone being the one of the 14 to die. His character wasn't really being developed very much.

Some of the spoilers were suggesting that it was a more major male character that dies, but that it would not by Jack or Charlie. If we're talking major, that left Locke, Sayid, and Sawyer. I'd love to see Sawyer die, but I would have been disappointed to lose Locke or Sayid, which are both great characters.

However, the previews next week did seem to suggest that Locke might be shot at some point. Also, Boone may not be completely out of this yet. He could still show up in Shannon flashbacks and/or Everybody flashbacks. Who knows, he could continue to be a recurring guest character for the rest of the show's run. Also, Jack's father wasn't in the coffin, and Jack did think he saw him. For all we know, no one is ever truly dead on this island.

This episode didn't do a lot for me. It seemed an episode of necessity.

Hurley scores the best line again:

"Dude. You okay? You're looking kinda goth."

Hurley is always good for the lines.

I think last week's episode was better to be honest. I think the predictible part of this episode was the baby being born as Boone died. Ive seen that done in other shows, and its almost getting to be cookie cutter.

That being said, I too want to see how this affects Shannon. The actoress did a great job with the scene over Boones body.

I also think he was chosen to die because he was the least developed, and IMO had the least potential. In his death at least it could add some drama with Loche and even Shannon/Syed.

But what is said above is true. The actor can always appear in flashback shots, not to mention the fact that we really dont know much about the island. Who knows what will really happen. However, if there is one character they could leave in the ground, its Boone.

I hate seeing previews. I accidentally saw the ones for the upcoming episodes, and hate when the show things like Loche appearing to be shot. I also dont get why he lied. I also want to find out what the deal with the light in the hatch was all about.

'Lost' Writer Tells All ... or Not

"Everything is going to have a rational explanation and a sci-fi explanation," Grillo-Marxuach says, "until we decide to tell you exactly what that is. That's what's going to help us walk that tightrope for however many years the show has.

"The show will end when we tell you what the island is. On the day we say, 'The island is on the back of a cosmic turtle,' then you'll say, 'OK, done with that.'"

So, the writers have no plans of actually explaining the island until the complete end of the show? Well, that's one way to cause people to get tired and bored of endless mystery with little to no resolution.

"See the Turtle of Enormous Girth.
On it's Back, it Holds the Earth."

May it do ya fine. :cool:

Lifted this off the ABC Lost BBS. It's from an Entertainment Weekly article apparently

I came across this earlier.
sorry if it's been posted already.
Matthew Fox--Jack Shepard
Age: 38 Casting backstory: He clearly impressed Abrams at his audition, because the cocreator let Fox read the entire top-secret pilot script. "He kept running in and out of the room every 20 minutes going, 'Do you like it, do you like it?' I said, 'I'm loving it, but you have let me finished it!'" says Fox.

Our favourite moment: Hard to pick one, but we'll say Jack's clam command in the postcrash maelstorm.

His favourite moment: When Sawyer realizes he'd met Jack's father. "I love that there's all these very subtle interminglings even before they got on the plane--and it has so much to do with destiny and fate and why these people ended up on this particular flight and why it was doom to go down."

Least favourite conspiracy theory: That it's purgatory. "[The show] has a lot of redemptive themes which could be metaphorical for purgatory. But them actually not being living, breathing human beings? It takes away the stakes of life and death."

Burning question: Early on, Jack found some skeletons and a pouch containing black and white rocks. Explain. "The black-and-white stones have been a recurring theme in the show," says Lindelof (e.g., Locke's favourite board game, backgammon, and the mysterious Black Rock.) "We know who those skeletons are, what their story was, and what they were doing with those stones. But that's a question we won't be answering this season.

Josh Holloway--Sawyer
Age: 35 Casting backstory: The drawling Georgia native had only 12 hours to prep an audition for the role of Sawyer, then written as a fast-talking upstate New York con man. "I just threw the [Buffalo] accent out the window--I knew they'd laugh at me if I tried it. I think that's what they were looking for, someone who was like, 'Oh f---- it.'"

Our favourite moment: Staring down the boar with the same bloodthirsy passion that led him to shoot the man he thought was responsible for his parents' murder-suicide...only to put his gun away.

His favourite moment: "Right before the kiss [with Kate]. The buildup to that--the excitement, the tension, the sex between them--is cool."

If he could change on thing about Sawyer... "I'd make his hair less frickin' annoying. I mean, it looks cool, but it's contantly in my way."

On keeping TV's biggest secrets: "No one ever cared about anything I was in before, so when everyone started asking me things, I was like, 'Blah blah blah.' The best way for me not to do that is for [the writers] not to tell me s---."

Burning question: Sawyer's backstory intersects with the Jack and Shannon/Boone histories. Does his pre-island life converge with any or all of the others? "No comment," says LIndelof. "But we'll see, before the end of the season, why he popped up in Boone's flashback."

Naveen Andrews--Sayid Jarrah (personal note: Is this the first we've heard Sayid's last name?)
Age: 36 Casting backstory "I thought [Sayid] was intriguing in the sense that you don't get a main character on prime-time American TV who's Iraqi. That was exciting enough for me to want to be involved."

Our favourite moment: When he sets off alone to map the island, full of self-loathing (for wrongly torturing Sawyer) and self-confidence: "I can't think of a better person to do it than the only one I trust."

His favourite moment: "The scene where [Shannon] signs in French. When people are in panic mode, to have those moments of quiet and connection--it's good to play that."

Castaway he'd most like to be stranded with: "That's obvious, isn't it? Shannon."

Isn't it about time for some island romance? "I think there would be a hell of a lot more shagging going on than lingering looks across campsites."

Lease favourite conspiracy theory: "The most idiotic one to me is that it's a dream."

How much is he like Sayid? "In real life, I'm less than heroic. There's no way that I would be capable in the way Sayid is. I'd just cave in and give up."

Burning Questions: Earlier this season, someone knocked out Sayid while he was trying to operate the plane's radio. Who did it, and why? "You will find out within the next three original episodes, definitively," Lindelof says. "They will find the person, and that person will confess to having done it."

Harold Perrineau--Michael Dawson

Age: 36 Casting backstory: He initially turned down an audition, not wanting to drop out of the L.A. production of Topdog/Underdog. But when Lost's pilot shoot was delayed (and word got to him that he was the only actor Abrams wanted for the role of Michael), the ex-Oz con read for the part, but still was wary: After all, he had just lost out on a role in Grey's Anatomy. It was only during Lost's final callback that he became optimisti: "There are usually three or four people that meet the studio and the network," he says. "For my character there was just me."

Our favourite moment: When Michael's ex-wife dies and he goes to fetch his long-seperated son, Walt. His stilted hesitation shows his difficulty in reuniting with a boy he knows only as a hypothetical.

His favourite moment: The flashback episode, which altered his view of Michael. The writers had initially framed him as "a white-collar guy. But instead of making him a guy who had made it, they changed him to a guy who was still making it."

Favourite conspiracy theory: "That it's some weird government experiment. That seems to be the most feasible."

Burning question: Will Michael's raft set sail by season's end--and who will be on it? "All I can say is, how much would it suck if it didn't set sail?" asks Lindelof. "Wouldn't you feel ripped off? I sure would! As to who is on it? Well, the roster ain't set. Yet."

Dominic Monaghan--Charlie Pace
Age: 28 Casting backstory "I came in for a generic meeting. At that point, Charlie was a 45-year-old rocker, but they didn't have an actor who was working, so they were quick to tell me they would work around things. After receiving nods and winks and comments from J.J. Abrams, it felt like it was being laid out for me."

Our (and his) favourite moment: Charlie's hilarious fight against his urge to sneak a peek at Claire's mysterious diary. "I like the scene where he's struggling. I didn't know if the powers-that-be were going to allow a moment of slightly surreal comedy in the show, and they went for it."

Castaway he'd most like to be stranded with: "Locke. He seems to have his s--- together."

Favourite conspiracy theory: "I've always liked the idea of them being stuck in a Truman Show-type experiment. The government purposely crashed an airplane, and now Big Brother is watching and seeing how human beings act in environments of tragedy and adventure."

Burning question: Charlie was hooked on heroin. Racently, Locke and Boone found heroin on a plane. Discuss. "One of the things that has made Charlie's ability to kick the habit so easy is that he hasn't had any temptation," says LIndelof. "Reintroducing temptation is part of our intent. The good news, for now, is that he doesn't know that the plane is out there."

Jorge Garcia--Hugo "Hurley" Reyes
Age: 31 Casting backstory: Garcia earned an audtion after Abrams saw him as a scene-stealing drug dealer on Curb Your Enthusiasm, and he was the first one cast. "J.J. Abrams and Hawaii were all ineed to sign on," says Garcia.

Our favourite moment: Net worth of Hurley after winning the lottery: $156 million. Look on his this fast-food employee's face when he realizes he's hit it big: Priceless.

His favourite moment: "The scene with me and [Matthew Fox]--we're walking carrying torches and I say, 'My name isn't Hurley. It's Hugo Reyes. Hurley's just a nickname.' We were thrilled, like 'Look at how fun this is! We get to carry torches through the jungle!'"

Favourite conspiracy theory: "That we're an ant farm--where you can shake it and mess them up. It just makes me laugh."

If he could change one thing about Hurley... "Give him a little romance--even if it's very innocent, junior-high style."

Burning question: The lotto numbers: What the hell? "Trying to find greater meaning in the numbers is the direction we are going to continue in for the rest of season 1," says LIndelof. "Hurley doesn't know that the numbers are on the hatch--what happens when he finds out that the numbers are on the hatch should be interesting. Wouldn't you think?"

Daniel Dae Kim--Jin Kwon

Age: 36 Casting backstory: My character only exists because they liked Yunjin [Kim, who plays his wife, Sun] so much," says Kim. "I wish I could say that they were looking for me all over the globe, but my agent got the call that they needed a Korean who could speak Korean, and I got the part."

Our favourite moment Forced to work for his father-in-law, a corrupt business-man, Jin savagely beats a politician. The mix of shock and shame that crosses his face as he washes his bloodied hands is wrenching.

His favourite moment: "When I apologize to my father for lying [about his death]. You really see [Jin's] humanity--which, until then, had been far from apparent."

If he could change one thing about Jin... "I can't wait for Jin to learn English!"

Favourite conspiracy theory: "Purgatory. I don't think it's correct, but we are all searching for redemption on the island."

Burning questions: Jin worked for his brutish father-in-lawa; what exactly was his job title? "He was the executive assistant in charge of finger breaking," jokes Lindelof. "People always ask, 'What's Jin's problem?' There are a few missing pieces that will make it even clearer by season's end why he's acted the way he's acted."

Terry O'Quinn--John Locke
Age: 52 Casting backstory: O'Quinn received a call from Abrams (who had previously cast him as FBI honcho Kendall on Alias). "He said he was going to do a show and was I interested in being involved and I said yes," O'Quinn told EW in November 2004. "And he said, 'It's going to shoot in Hawaii, which might be a drawback,' and I said, 'That's not a drawback.' Then he said, 'Well, the character isn't going to be too involved in the first episode or two,' and I said, 'I'll take it.'"

Our favourite moment: The creepy and poignant flashback scene in the travel agency revealing that Locke was paralyzed from the waist down before the plane crash.

When he looked into the ey of the island, what did he see? "I talked to Damon and he said, 'All I want to tell you is that you saw the most beautiful thing you've ever seen.' I said, 'I can work with that.'"

Burning questions: What's Locke's motive for keeping the hatch secret from the other castaways? "His motive is revealed soon," says Lindelof. "Everything Locke does he believes is in the best interest of everybody. That's all I'll say."

I'm actually okay with Boone being the one of the 14 to die. His character wasn't really being developed very much.

His arms were quite well developed though.

They got rid of the hottest guy, which sucks. But then that's all I can say abou this character. I can't say I like any of the characters overly... I mean if they killed any of them, it wouldn't bother me. And that level of detachment isn't good.

Locke is my favourite character.

I can't say I like any of the characters overly... I mean if they killed any of them, it wouldn't bother me. And that level of detachment isn't good.

Locke is my favourite character.

Locke is my favorite too.

I do like some characters enough that I wouldn't want to see them die soon, if at all. Here's how I would classify the remaining survivors as to how much I want them to stick around or not:

:cool: Live Long & Prosper: Locke, Sayid, Sun, and Charlie
:) Stick Around Longer: Jack, Kate, Hurley, Claire, and Shannon
:p Six of One, Half-Dozen of Another: Michael, Walt, and Jin
:mad: Die, Die, Die: Sawyer

Sawyer actually may be my favorite character, he provides some good subtle comic relief in a couple episodes.

As for this episode, every single episode doesn't have to have a plot twist, and I thought this one was well put together.

It was odd that both the story AND the backstory were both pretty straightforward though. I mean Jack's backstory for this one really brought nothing to the table, and could've been replaced with Jack saying "I'm married" and we would've gotten just as much out of it. The recent backstories have definitely had much less to do with things then each character's first/second backstory, which pretty much all ended with the reason they were getting on the plane.

One thing that I realllllllllllllllllllyyyyy think would've helped in this episode (correct me if I missed it) would be if Boone had told Charlie that he got a hold of someone over the radio before the plane fell.

Throughout the series (with things like the raft burning) there's been this idea out there (that some of the people on the show have mentioned as well) that someone in the party doesn't want to get off the island, and is sabatoging their attempt to do so.

In the show, Jack made a pretty big leap from Locke lied to Locke murdered Boone, just because Locke said he got hurt in a manner he didn't. Now if Jack was aware that Boone had gotten a hold of someone on the radio, he could've had the motive behind the murder, that Locke didn't want Boone to contact someone to get them off the island because he was the one that's wanted to stay on the island all along. That's not the case, but it would've made a lot more sense as to why Jack immediately jumped to that conclusion.

Am I wrong on this, or would that have added a lot to it?

And once again, somebody screws themselves over because they keep a secret for absolutely NO reason. If Locke had just said when he brought Boone back that they found a plane, Boone got in it, and it fell, no one would be yelling murder. There was no reason to lie about it.

I imagine Locke is about power... and if you have knowledge you have power, rather than everyone going to paw over the wreckage.

I really don't understand why so many people hate Sawyer. He's one of my favorite characters. Sure he's a jerk most of the time, but that's just how he is. I think it brings a good element to the show.

So, the writers have no plans of actually explaining the island until the complete end of the show? Well, that's one way to cause people to get tired and bored of endless mystery with little to no resolution.
Agreed. And I didn't like that "however many years the show has." They'll keep it up until they've run the show into the ground.

I really don't understand why so many people hate Sawyer. He's one of my favorite characters. Sure he's a jerk most of the time, but that's just how he is. I think it brings a good element to the show.

I don't hate him, but find him very two dimensional. Look moody, spar with Jack, flirt with Kate, steal something, say he doesn't have it, fight a bit, someone takes it... and repeat.

FreebaGel, the reason Jack said it was murder, because of Locke lying, is because Jack treated Boone wrong, and had he treated Boone right, he may have been able to save him.

Boone's leg was crushed, and bleeding internally, but Jack didn't know that, he thought it just needed to be reset (Not having an Xray machine, he didn't figure it out until it was too late). If Jack had amputated the leg right away, Jack may have been able to get Boone past the rest of his injuries.

Boone's leg was crushed, and bleeding internally, but Jack didn't know that, he thought it just needed to be reset (Not having an Xray machine, he didn't figure it out until it was too late). If Jack had amputated the leg right away, Jack may have been able to get Boone past the rest of his injuries.

I disagree. He obviously had internal bleeding, probably from the collapsed lung. Even Korean woman said that the leg would make no difference.

I'd say Jack is going purely on the fact that his injuries didn't match what Locke said.

Latest posts

Members online

Back