• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

That freaky word in the promo

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Good guesses... it might also be Shon'Kar, the Narn blood oath.

------------------
Canned flarn is a sacrilege.

after listening for hours, I am not surprised you heard "sworn to the Shatner"...
smile.gif

I believe it is "anlashok'na" or "Ranger One"... there seems to be a slight audio glitch, or perhaps "shok'na" is an abbreviated term for "Ranger One."

------------------
-Londo's Hair
"Vir, intelligence has nothing to do with politics!"

It certainly isn't "shonn kar" which reverses the "n" and "k" sounds and therefore sounds nothing like what is actually being said. (Unless there is a aural equivelant to dyslexia, and you suffer from it.
smile.gif
)

After listening to it several times backwards and forwards I am now convinced that what he's really saying is, "Paul is dead."
laugh.gif

Regards,

Joe

------------------
Joseph DeMartino
Sigh Corps
Pat Tallman Division

joseph-demartino@att.net

I'm inclined to agree with Joe DeMartino here... especially if you listen to it backwards. Everything becomes very clear.
laugh.gif

But I'd still put my money on shok'na.

Although the idea of the Rangers swearing to the Narn blood oath has a certain appeal to it.
laugh.gif

I can just see the Rangers running around, all thirsty to get revenge, not stopping at any obstacles, just to KILL!
cool.gif

------------------
"It's animal magnetism. What can I say."

after getting a few hours of sleep, i feel the Shatner thing was a mistake,

but this joe fella that writes a wholelot,

is it just me or do you keep killing all my threads i start,

i mean you all but slaughtered my e-mail if you like the rangers idea...
crazy.gif

------------------
I have always been here...

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR> my e-mail if you like the rangers idea... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Is that anything like: "Jeeze if you love Honkus" ??

------------------
Yes, I like cats too.
Shall we exchange Recipes?

yea, but some people here thought it wasn't worth the time, but if i get some supporters it may work...
i'll probably need to start a new thread...

------------------

check back in a few...

------------------

Never mind, did a search of your posts and finally found the "Rangers" thread. Sorry, I had forgotten about that. But now I see you've posted a new one, essentially suggesting the same thing.

Are you familiar with this definition of "insanity"?: "Doing the same thing over and over again, and expecting a different result."

Just thought I'd ask.
laugh.gif

Joe

------------------
Joseph DeMartino
Sigh Corps
Pat Tallman Division

joseph-demartino@att.net

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Lennier:
Good guesses... it might also be Shon'Kar, the Narn blood oath.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes I agree; if that was part of the opening sequence monologue, then several crew members could have been speaking. It would be reasonable for a Narn to swear a blood oath in service to the Rangers and to The One.

------------------
The avalance has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Yes I agree; if that was part of the opening sequence monologue, then several crew members could have been speaking. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The opening narration is all clearly in the same, male, voice. The only Narn crewman is female. And the camera is on the Minbari character Dulann as he speaks the debated words. So we can pretty much eliminate "shonn kar" as what he is saying.

In fact, I just listened to it again and watched the lip movements. He is either saying "...sworn Anlashok'na", slightly swallowing the first part of Anlashok, or "... sworn in the shok'na"

The particle "na" means one (as in "Anlashok'na", Ranger One.) Dulann's whole speech is about how they are all "one" If Anlashok itself is a compound word (and the Minbari seem to be fond of them), then the "shok'na" may either be the Ranger oath, or it could refer to the collective "entity" formed by all of the Rangers.

Either way, there doesn't appear to be any audio glitch as I originally thought. The music continues under and there is no point where Dulann's lips are moving without sound. So I don't think there is part of a word missing. I just wish the track were clearer because at that point he isn't speaking very loudly and it is just plain hard to make out exactly what he's saying. (Although he hits the "K" at the end of the first syllable of the word hard enough to kill any idea that it could be "shonn."
smile.gif
) Unfortunately turning up the volume just distorts the sound and makes it harder to understand Dulann.

Regards,

Joe

------------------
Joseph DeMartino
Sigh Corps
Pat Tallman Division

joseph-demartino@att.net

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR> I just wish the track were clearer because at that point he isn't speaking very loudly and it is just plain hard to make out exactly what he's saying. (Although he hits the "K" at the end of the first syllable of the word hard enough to kill any idea that it could be "shonn." ) Unfortunately turning up the volume just distorts the sound and makes it harder to understand Dulann.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm betting that the poor quality sound is deliberate on the part of SciFi. When we hear it in the real movie, I'd bet it's going to be fairly clear.

Of course, the lousy quality is also a tradeoff in download time. Better sound takes longer to load.

------------------
Yes, I like cats too.
Shall we exchange Recipes?

For those of you who guessed shok na...put yourself down for a gold star.

Blame the confusion on crappy RealPlayer, and the fact that looping and post production havent been done yet.

In any case. Controversy over.

Gus

------------------

After listening for hours i heard, here goes:

"sworn to theShatner"

what do you think...

------------------

at least it makes a little sense
shocked.gif

------------------

Ummm... a little too much of the 'pass the crack pipe' happening here.

I heard "Sworn to the Shok'na" as in Anla'shok'na... or Ranger One.

Terann

------------------
Teeps rule; Mundanes get spaced

Revere the Founders
Obey the Vorta
And don't poke the Jem'Hadar

in all seriousness, i heard

"sworn to the sho'k na"

it could be mimbari for

"the one"

or

"the light"

how about that...
wink.gif

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Gus Lynch:
For those of you who guessed shok na...put yourself down for a gold star.

Blame the confusion on crappy RealPlayer, and the fact that looping and post production havent been done yet.

In any case. Controversy over.

Gus

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ah the gold star crew he he

Sorry couldn't resisit

hmmn I will go back to talkng to myself

------------------
Deviot
Lincbot@yahoo.com.au

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.