• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Torchwood.... (spoilers!)

Re: Torchwood.... (spoliers!)

Primeval was a lot better than Torchwood. It didn't fully hit it's stride until about halfway in, but you actually cared about the characters. It ended on a high - with events literally coming full circle... and a magnificently realised future predator, which yopu can see by clicking here (you might not want to do this if you want to watch the series though)

Re: Torchwood.... (spoliers!)

Sorry to interrupt, but:

Darth Librarian, where does that photo come from? I know it's Star Trek TOS, but which episode? It's a great Shatner shot. :LOL: :D

Its great, its also my wallpaper at home, even though its tiny. No idea where from though, I think it must be a press or promo still, I came across it by accident whilst browsing the Flickr Star Trek feed on www.trekweb.com

Ah, so even then he must have had a sense of humor about his acting. :D

Odd, I have heard all sorts of stories about how... standoffish and often just plain not-nice both Shatner and Nimoy could/can be. But I don't have to consider such things since I wasn't there, so I can't say, and I don't really care. :LOL:

Other than I do think it can be telling when fans share stories about which stars and conventions actually ended up being the most FUN to meet. :)

To bring back an old thread....

Recently I switched cable TV providers, and I now get BBC America, whereas I never did before. I saw that Torchwood was on last night, and since I'd heard so much about it, I decided to watch it. Although I liked the characters, the show seemed too weird for me. I watched about half of the episode and I just had to turn the channel because I couldn't get into it. Can anyone tell me why it's supposed to be such a good show?

...the show seemed too weird for me. I watched about half of the episode and I just had to turn the channel because I couldn't get into it. Can anyone tell me why it's supposed to be such a good show?

For me, too weird is an oxymoron, I like weird. I don't think it is that weird. I don't think it is that great, either. I think Doctor Who is better. I think one of the main draws of Torchwood is all the bisexual boffing... :eek: :LOL:

I think that some of it is the bi stuff, and some of it is some of the banter between the characters. There is a lot of humor which I find reminiscent of Buffy. No, the dialogue really doens't come close to Whedon's but there is a lot of tongue-in-cheek lines that work well. However, it isn't a great show. I think there is more buzz than substance.

Sometimes, it can be great, but I get the general feeling like everyone is trying too hard to be Bi and off-the-wall. It reminded me of University a bit.

Apparently, I went to uni at a very un-bi time. ;)

Aww! :(

Well, I like Torchwood and just finished S2 on BBC America. I think it's more than the bi-stuff. I like the characters and will miss Owen and Tosh.

More like ST:TOS, the main chemistry on the show is between Jack and Gwen. However, if the rumors are true and Martha joins the cast in S3, then it will be the good ole 3 main character show. However, if another rumor is true and Jack becomes nothing more than a recurring character in S3 and they make the show more family friendly so it can fill in for Dr. Who when it's on hiatus, then...I'm not so sure about its future.

Jack is to Torchwood as Mulder is to X-Files. If he leaves, it will most likely spell the doom of the show.

I didn't think S2 was as well made as S1, but this show is still well written and well made and has tons of room to grow. It's only in its infancy still, so I hope it continues!

I loves me some Captain Jack!

CE

Hmmm... wouldn't it be funny if B5's Captain Jack met Torchwood's Captain Jack? :eek: :eek: :LOL:

OMG! Oh...bad image in my head now! Go away! Eww! Yeah, funny.

CE

PS: What was B5's Capt. Jack's full name? He did say a last name at some point did he not? I can't seem to find it.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back