• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

What's wrong with this picture? (SA&B)

What\'s wrong with this picture? (SA&B)

The main menu on disc one of the Space, Above & Beyond DVD set seems - odd. :)

Can't readily post images from work, but you can find a screen cap here.

Regards,

Joe

Re: What\'s wrong with this picture? (SA&B)

LOL

According to Amazon.com it's not released yet. Is Amazon slow to offer it, or are you looking at a prototype set?

That's supposed to be from a review copy. Genrally such things don't last long on the HTF unless they check out, since there are a number of industry types who post there. I got an e-maiil query from one of the guys who edits a TV on DVD website wantting to know if I'd heard about any reaction to the thing from JMS. I hope it isn't a fake, because it is just too funny.

Regards,

Joe

:LOL:

That damn space station does get around, doesn't it?

Space Above and Babylon Beyond - The Missing Years...

Thats' just too good. Makes the upside down Shalin and B5 in some of the S2 disks look like someone cared

Well now we know why the station had to be blown up at the end of the series. JMS knew other shows were out to take it over.

According to Amazon.com it's not released yet. Is Amazon slow to offer it, or are you looking at a prototype set?

I've since heard from several people who already had their sets on the day I posted this. Apparently it was released last Tuesday, Sept 6th - at least at Best Buy stores. (They sometimes negotiate with the studios to get an exclusive sales window ahead of other retailers, or to get exclusive content. I bought Lost at Best Buy both because I had a $20 Reward Zone coupon that was going to expire and because it had a bonus disc with extrra footage - and a $10 off coupon on another guilty pleasure - Desperate Housewives.)

In any case Amazon.com now shows that the set ships within 24 hours.

Regards,

Joe

If they were going to do that with anything, they should have done it with Babylon 4.

Thats' just too good. Makes the upside down Shalin and B5 in some of the S2 disks look like someone cared

And the upside-down Excalibur on the Crusade DVD (the title screen after you hit Stop once)?

Oh, boy ....

It's been a few years since I saw Toy Story - but I am pretty sure that Shrek wasn't in it.

And that looks suspicously like a spaceship in the M*A*S*H menu.

I don't know enough about Monty Python to be able to tell if there is anything wrong in that.
I have never seen Seinfeld , so ditto there.

So, three conclusions.
Someone has a very vivid imagination.
Someone doesn't know very much about the shows that they are designing those DVD menus for.
Someone was high on something when these were done.

Actually, make that four conclusions.

Someone also failed to spot the mistakes before these DVDs were released to the public.

Conclusion No. 5:

Someone had way too much time on their hands!

And that looks suspicously like a spaceship in the M*A*S*H menu.

It's a F-117 Nighthawk stealth bomber .. that only started popping up when M*A*S*H was going towards an end .. and I doubt they were flown in the Korean war :D

I don't know enough about Monty Python to be able to tell if there is anything wrong in that.

The guy in saluting is Benny Hill, a British comedian that had nothing at all to do with Monty Python :D

Seinfeld someone else will have to explain, I have no clue :D .. these do seem a bit too weird to be real .. but then, lots of things that are too weird to be real are real :D

What's wrong with the Seinfeld picture? It was a show a bit after the time of "I Love Lucy". She's even in black-and-white there. :)

Now this can't be a "mistake". Someone is just having some fun and yes, appears to have way too much free time. :)

It's been a few years since I saw Toy Story - but I am pretty sure that Shrek wasn't in it.

Given that Shrek was produced years later and by a rival studio, it does seem unlikely. :)

BTW, according to noted film restorationist Robert Harris, the new Toy Story anniversary disc is even better than the previous "Ultimate Toybox" edition and probably about as good as any DVD will ever look until the coming of HD-DVD.

Regards,

Joe

Back