• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

was jms making a joke here?

Cern

Regular
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR> In Dulann's vision, Minister Kafta's face was already beaten up, even though it hadn't happened yet.

JMS:Recheck your tape...that shot ain't there.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I didrecheck my tape and it wasthere...If you blink you miss it.

------------------
So come on rally round this brave and valiant cause with tradition, pride, and honor at its core. With swords drawn to defend stood these noble-hearted men. Faugh-an-ballagh, clear the way, me boys!!
-Dropkick Murphys: Heroes From Our Past

i think i saw it... if you blink right before it you can see it too
wink.gif

------------------
### Hi, I'm a sig virus. Please add me to the end of your signature so I can take over the world.### - caught from Saps @ B5MG

Sounds like an Editing screw up.
Judging by JMS comment, it's not Supposed to be there.

They had a couple of minor incidents like that during Babylon 5.
FX people or editors playing around with something as a joke and forgetting to take it Out of the production cut.
JMS had words with them about playing with the Production versions of stuff and it stopped happening.

------------------
Do not ascribe your own motivations to others:
At best, it will break your heart.
At worst, it will get you dead."

you are referring to the Glowing Red Eyes of Garibaldi?
wink.gif

Actually, i was thinking maybe the Linadra's crew was betrayed by one of Kafta's people.

Or, the Visions are coming from the Ghosts, and as we saw in Day of the Dead, the dead know at least Some of the future...

<table bgcolor=black><tr><td bgcolor=black><font size=1 color=white>Spoiler:</font></td></tr><tr><td><font size=2 color=black> Morden knowing about Lenniers betrayal, Sheridan going to Corianas 6, and I thinkLondo's girlfriend knew a little of what was to come...</font></td></tr></table>

------------------
So come on rally round this brave and valiant cause with tradition, pride, and honor at its core. With swords drawn to defend stood these noble-hearted men. Faugh-an-ballagh, clear the way, me boys!!
-Dropkick Murphys: Heroes From Our Past

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>...you are referring to the Glowing Red Eyes of Garibaldi?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Or the couple of frames of a cityscape from Captain Power that ended up flashing on-screen during another scene...

smile.gif

I'd say either or an error or the Liandra's crew being betrayed by one of Kafta's people is possible. However, since JMS said flat-out that the shot wasn't there, I'm guessing mistake. If it were supposed to have been there he'd have either said so or evaded the question, not replied with a flat "No."

Cern:

Morden didn't know anything about Sheridan, he doesn't even mention him, IIRC. Someone else does mention Sheridan, but is only delivering a message from yet another character.
smile.gif

Regards,

Joe

Regards,

Joe

------------------
Joseph DeMartino
Sigh Corps
Pat Tallman Division

joseph-demartino@att.net

I'll go through that sequence frame by frame when I have a chance. I thought I saw Kafta one time watched it, but I thought it was someone else the next time. Anyway, I'll let you know what I find out.

------------------
"We live for the one, we die for the one."

What's this about the red eyes...?

------------------
MPAA: Rated R for bad language, crude humor,
language, sexuality/nudity and drug content.

... about the red eyes?

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR> (sigh) Our rotoscope EFX guy was waiting for a bunch of PPG EFX to finish rendering in that battle scene, and was bored, and like many such EFX types, filled in the eyes of Garibaldi with weird stuff while waiting around. When the other scene finished rendering, he got out, believing that he had not saved that one frame. Unknowingly, he had.

Nobody caught it until after broadcast.

We talked.

jms <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

------------------
Do not ascribe your own motivations to others:
At best, it will break your heart.
At worst, it will get you dead."

It was from Babylon Squared and here it is:

garibaldi_vorlon.jpg

------------------
"Draal gave Zathras list of things not to say.
This was one. No.... *tsk tsk*
No. Not good.
Not supposed to mention... "one", or... THE one.
Hmmmm.
You never heard that."

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by KoshN:
The trouble is that it was my question, and his answer in The Lurker's Guide is going to forever make it look like I was wrong.
crazy.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's why he did it.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>The trouble is that it was my question, and his answer in The Lurker's Guide is going to forever make it look like I was wrong.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

But it won't have your name on it, and in six months nobody will remember this but you.

(OK, you and me. But I won't quote JMS on this subject out of context, too often.
smile.gif
)

Regards,

Joe

P.S.

His answer is going to be on JMSNews forever, too.
laugh.gif

------------------
Joseph DeMartino
Sigh Corps
Pat Tallman Division

joseph-demartino@att.net

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Joseph DeMartino:
But it won't have your name on it, and in six months nobody will remember this but you.

(OK, you and me. But I won't quote JMS on this subject out of context, too often.
smile.gif
)
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I just wish he'd own up to it. Yes, I know, fat chance.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Joseph DeMartino:
His answer is going to be on JMSNews forever, too.
laugh.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh, thanks a lot! I'd forgotten about that one.
laugh.gif
blush.gif
laugh.gif

------------------
KoshN
-------------
Vorlon Empire

http://www.scifi.com/b5rangers/

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by breen:
That's why he did it.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That sneaky pouch-sucking spawn of a bladder fish! Son of a fitch piece of smelt! Tok-swallowing fenbarger!

Thrak it!

------------------
KoshN
-------------
Vorlon Empire

[This message has been edited by KoshN (edited January 26, 2002).]

If you download Dulanns trading card from the SciFi site and go though the enclosed .avi file frame by frame there is one frame (the very last one before he "snap out of it" and hear David saying "You okay?") where we see what apear to be Kafta (or a member of his race).

Can't say if he have been beaten up or not though, it's small and rather poor quality...

------------------

Hey Sherool, where'd you get that avatar? Is Antony putting TLaDiS avatars up there now?
smile.gif
As a Premium Member I can't see the Standard avatar selection anymore.

------------------
KoshN
-------------
Vorlon Empire

It's "home made" so to speak.

Grabbed the image from one fo the trading cards, and did some "tinkering" with the Modify profile form to get the desired URL inserted rather than one of the listed options...

Hope I didn't break to many rules by doing this, I guess there is a reason they only offer a limited selection of images... Though I took care to make it the exact same dimentions as the others so it doesn't mess up anything.

------------------

Back