• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Do you miss those Rangers ladies?

We're just going to have to introduce all these Singing Women to Leslie Fish, SF's best known Female Filkwriter and Anarchist.

A few of her songs are posted at:
http://www.prometheus-music.com/eli/leslie.html

She is most shamed to have been the guilty party resposnible for the Classic Trek Filk:

Banned From Argo.
blush.gif
blush.gif
blush.gif
blush.gif
blush.gif
blush.gif

How to describe Leslie to people who haven't met her?
Well, she takes no prisoners and she plays a 12 string named Monster.
Monster's favorite beverage is Tullamore Dew.
He always plays much better after a small sip.
If Monster Doesn't get his libation, he's been known to go out of tune for no apparent reason.
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

------------------
Do not ascribe your own motivations to others:
At best, it will break your heart.
At worst, it will get you dead."

[This message has been edited by bakana (edited January 30, 2002).]

My band did a cover of "Queen Isabella" once.

I like Leslie Fish.

My first exposure to filk of any kind was Tom Smith's (Min)Barette or Hair (Sa)Tai - I know that's not the right punctuation) and "Banned From Argo." I've heard stories of filksings where that song was, um, mentioned... I think blood and gore was involved, but I'm not sure....
wink.gif

------------------
channe@[url="http://cryoterrace.tripod.com"]cryoterrace[/url] | "I wonder," said Frodo, "but I don't know. And that's the way of a real tale."

[This message has been edited by channe (edited January 31, 2002).]

**Waves to Myriam.**

Hi! I enjoyed watching you in the movie. Sarah is a great character, and I think she can kick butt with the best of them.
laugh.gif

I also am another one of those guys that you can add to the "Sarah Cantrell Fan Club."
lol.gif

I also enjoyed watching Jennie play Na'Feel. Even though she didn't have a lot of lines, she was great to watch. And so was Enie as Firell!
smile.gif

------------------
Dulann: You don't solve your problems by hitting them.
David Martel: Yeah, well, it made me feel better.

[This message has been edited by RW7427 (edited January 31, 2002).]

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by sarah cantrell:
Hi... Warren is it? You're cute! OOPS
blush.gif
I mean talented! Hee Hee.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I heartily agree!! So, how "talented" is he?

------------------
Do you dare to enter tygirwulf's Lair?

We are all the sum of our tears - too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much and the best of us is washed away. - G'Kar

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by sarah cantrell:
Hi Warren!

Just wanted to say that no woman could resist your charms. A serenade would be just lovely
wink.gif

What do you think girls? I say definitely worth a try!!!
wink.gif

Ciao, M.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh yes, definitely! I don't really care if he can't sing that well, since I'm hearing-impaired, anyways! lol

*faints dead away at the thought of Warren singing to her*

------------------

We are all the sum of our tears - too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much and the best of us is washed away. - G'Kar

Wow--Myriam & GaribaldiHairs were born a day apart, in the same town?!! Wild!

According to one of the B5 calendars, Ivanova shares m birthday (Aug.30th).

Tammy

------------------
Tirk: Citizen G'Kar, Captain Martell would like to speak to you
G'Kar: Of course. Love to stay. Can't. Have to go. Kiss-kiss. Love-love. Bye.

Tammy's Station
http://community.webtv.net/gkarfan/TammysStation

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by channe:
Just do a Channe fan club.

But then, you'd have to do one for Zyphyr and hypatia and Kribu and...
laugh.gif
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh ok! Just as long as there is no Lyta fan club.
wink.gif

*devotes her entire life to the B5 fandom*

------------------
Monica Hübinette | Abyss : B5 | Rangers Sponsor List
Pouch-sucking spawn of a bladder fish! Son of a fitch piece of smelt! Tok-swallowing fenbarger! Thrak it! --Na'Feel swearing in B5LR

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by channe:
Just do a Channe fan club.

But then, you'd have to do one for Zyphyr and hypatia and Kribu and...
laugh.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Speaking of Zyphyr, haven't seen her around in a week or two. What gives?

------------------
'I don't believe in the no-win scenario' - JTK

I told my mom and she wants to know your mom's name! She thinks she was good friends with her too
laugh.gif
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Update: I remember that when I was young, my parents were friends big time with a Sirois couple. The husband name was Miville, but can't remember the wife's name. They are divorced now. They had two childrens (about our age) a young boy (can't remember the name) and an older girl (Edith Sirois if my memory is right).

Are they close relation to your family ?

- Garibaldi's Hairs

------------------
"You are all in violation of security ordinance 22V3A. That means get the hell out of here!
"
- Zack

Hmm ... I wonder how much work it would be to get a Myriam Sirois Fan Club going (just for fun at least) just to see how many rabid, drooling fans flock to it? *evilgrin*

Hmm ... but then if I do that for Myriam, then I would -have- to do one for Warren and then Enid-Raye and-and-and ... oh no ... I think I have gotten myself in too deep!

*tries to swim up to the surface of the rapidly expanding ideas in her head*

------------------
Monica Hübinette | Abyss : B5 | Rangers Sponsor List
Pouch-sucking spawn of a bladder fish! Son of a fitch piece of smelt! Tok-swallowing fenbarger! Thrak it! --Na'Feel swearing in B5LR

Regarding female Rangers:

On a purely anthropological note, it is interesting to note that human females still remove hair from their underarms in the year 2265.
laugh.gif

Or do you suppose there's been some small bit of evolution, and in 263 years, human females no longer have any hair in their underarms?
cool.gif

Or it's possible removing underarm hair is a Ranger tradition -- though considering how much hair they let Marcus run around with, I'm not quite sure how they could object to underarm hair. However, if it is a Ranger ritual of some sort, how do you think they ritually remove the underarm hair?
tongue.gif

Can anyone tell I've been awake all night?

------------------
"What's up, Drakh?"

Michael Garibaldi

Speaking of fan clubs, I could just see one popping up with me and all my salad bars. I could be a message board icon!
lol.gif

------------------
Dulann: You don't solve your problems by hitting them.
David Martel: Yeah, well, it made me feel better.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR> Charm and flattery you say GkarsEye? Well, let's say I call Enid-Raye and Jenni-Rebecca right now and then we can serve them up a triple dose of Ranger ladies. What do you think? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

*falls over in chair*
shocked.gif
shocked.gif

Wow, I've missed so much the past few days. My computer is in getting all healed up from a little "incident", so I haven't been online much this week.

Warren is singing, Myriam and Garibaldi's hair were infant roomates, and Channe seems to be singing something which I can only describe asbeing some sort of drinking song.

Anyway, it's good to be back, and HAPPY BIRTHDAY MYRIAM!!!

------------------
"We live for the one, we die for the one."

hehe... It's weird how shaving arms and legs has been around since the early part of the 20th century, but yet it will have stuck around for the next few hundreds years! (I hate dealing with these sort of tenses.)
smile.gif

Well, I think all these actors here deserve their own fan club! Not only because they're actors in a B5 movie (and hopefully series), but because they're such great people! Just don't make me choose just one to join...You might get some problems there.
smile.gif

------------------

Oh, come on - don't tell me you didn't sing nursery rhymes!
wink.gif

It didn't start out as a nursery rhyme, but it became one as the decades passed - at least, in America.

Think about it for a while.
smile.gif
wink.gif

------------------
channe@[url="http://cryoterrace.tripod.com"]cryoterrace[/url] | "I wonder," said Frodo, "but I don't know. And that's the way of a real tale."

Mondo, that post better be meant to be farcical, or you get to be my next victi - er, contestant.. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Such violent impulses! Must be all that estrogen... Please don't hit me!!

(runs for his life!)

laugh.gif

------------------
"What's up, Drakh?"

Michael Garibaldi

You're right. My Nigerian friend was very shocked to learn that American women shave their underarms and legs, and are extremely skinny and dress very immodestly. He wanted to know what a shaved leg would feel like, so I indulged him in that. (head out of the gutter, please)

So Myriam, can you tell us whether or not human women still have to shave legs in the future, or is it handled by some sort of permanent hair-removal?
smile.gif

(it feels a little strange talking about this. lol)

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by tygirwulf:
hehe... It's weird how shaving arms and legs has been around since the early part of the 20th century, but yet it will have stuck around for the next few hundreds years! (I hate dealing with these sort of tenses.)
smile.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, but not everywhere! I think if the average run-of-the-mill American got plopped down on some beaches in other parts of the world, s/he might get very grossed out by the hygiene of some of the other bathers.

------------------
"What's up, Drakh?"

Michael Garibaldi

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back