• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Watching our new friends on TV

Now if we can just get Andreas in here
smile.gif

------------------
We are Gray. We stand between the
darkness and the light. I am Gray. I
stand between the candle and the star.
Is'hilzha venii... in Valen's name
Faith manages...

Seems like Warren's the biggest contributor? Lately, not many of the cast have been around.

Well, I guess Gus has shown up today.
smile.gif

------------------
"We live for the one, we die for the one."

Yea I agree with the above regarding some of the cast members taking a hiatus from this board.

I am really suprised Warren and Alex are still posting here. It's kind of funny that the months before this show aired everyone posting here was eager with anticipation, in full support of the cast, and gave very sincere expectations.

Now that the movie has aired, those of us (and by 'us' I dont mean me per say) who were posting here over the last several months, such as channe and Lyta, are still very constructive, giving good and fair feedback, and being very encouraged by the whole thing. I am sure that kind of feedback is exactly what the cast would want to read, and would come to respect considering the source.

However as a side effect, which was bound to happen, the night the show airs the board gets flooded by these 1-star 'my first post is to bitch about all I didnt like about LoTR' mofos. While its a free forum to post opinions, it really does taint things here for a while. I cant wait till some of these people pack up and leave, but if this goes series, some will be around to stay. So I do think its wise that the cast not be as active while these types are trolling around. In fact Dylan made a post the night before it aired saying he wasn't going to be around for a while. These guys aren't dumb folks, they knew that these negative people would come out of the woodworks, and I for one cant blame them for not wanting to be around to see them. I just hope none of the cast takes that stuff too personally, especially Myriam
frown.gif
. A lot of these new posters arent worth listening to...

------------------
'I don't believe in the no-win scenario' - JTK

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RW7427:
When I hear someone say "jump", I always think of Kosh.
lol.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

But, please, don't do it. Especially when you are close to a pit.
At least wait for the ratings result.
crazy.gif

Almir

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by GKarsEye:
Your colleagues will return after the most angry nay-sayers leave (after all, I hope that people who hated so much it wouldn't waste their time posting here. I mean, you don't see me posting on a disco music message board.)
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've wondered about that, myself. Yes, when a topic comes up that I am negative about, I admit I sometimes to post a reply to that thread. But I certainly would not continue to go to a whole board dedicated to something I hate.

Isn't that considered "trolling"?

------------------
"The Bible is a book: it is a good book, but is is not the only book" - Inherit the Wind

"I do not believe that the same God who
has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use."—Galileo

hypatia@b5fan.b5lr.com

That's one prime example of trolling, yes... and then there's Trox.
laugh.gif

------------------
-Londo's Hair
"Vir, intelligence has nothing to do with politics!"

Hey everyone! i thank you for all your concern and discussion. I haven't been around a lot the last few days because I have a WICKED COLD! Iwas so sick the night the movie aired I had to have a hot batch an hour befor the show just to get warm and keep going, play host when everyone arrived at my friends house. I've got to run to a read through for Jeremiah right now so take care everyone and I'll drop in later. Ciao Alex
cool.gif

------------------
Dulann

I got bronchitis at the beginning of November, & the bronchitis itself is gone, but I still have the after-effects (a weird allergy problem). I hadn't been so ill in years--it was not fun. I hope you don't get what I had, Alex. Tust me, you don't want it.

Tammy

------------------

"We're in here! Can anyone hear us?"
"I hear you." [giggle, laugh]
"In here!"
"We are here." [giggle, laugh]
-- Londo and G'Kar in Babylon 5:"Convictions"

Tammy's Station
http://community.webtv.net/gkarfan/TammysStation

How cool is this?

When we leave, we go to work, or school, or to town. But Alex is leaving to go read for a TV SHOW.

I don't know about you, but I think that is just so cool.

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Kribu:
[BIndeed, Jeremiah sounds like an interesting project. [/B]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I just posted some more info and photos on Jeremiah in the General forum. Check it out!

------------------
Monica Hübinette | Abyss : B5 <- New & Improved!
Pouch-sucking spawn of a bladder fish! Son of a fitch piece of smelt! Tok-swallowing fenbarger! Thrak it! --Na'Feel swearing in B5LR

I really wish I got Showtime
mad.gif
, but it's just more money than we want to spend
crazy.gif
. However, I am really wanting to see Jeremiah.
laugh.gif

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR> When we leave, we go to work, or school, or to town. But Alex is leaving to go read for a TV SHOW. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey, for Alex, That IS Work.
wink.gif
tongue.gif
cool.gif
laugh.gif

Cool as it seems, how many of us would survive in a profession where 75% of your colleages are out of work at any particular time and, when you ARE working, your days typically start around 4:00 AM and last for 12 or more hours.
And, if you're playing an alien, you spend that time with several pounds of hot, uncomfortable latex covering you head and sometimes Torso.

I once got to meet the actor who played Swamp Thing in that series.
His was a Full Body suit.
It weighed about 40 pounds in the morning and gained about 25 more during the course of the day.
One word: Perspiration.
They were filming in a Real Swamp in Florida.
In the Summer.
Latex bodysuits are HOT to start with.

Let's put it this way, they had to Replace the suit every week.
The latex couln't take it.

If they had been Prisoners, the ACLU would have filed an "cruel & unusual punishment" lawsuit on their behalf.
And Won.

------------------
Do not ascribe your own motivations to others:
At best, it will break your heart.
At worst, it will get you dead."

Hey, Alex! Do you know the hoops I'm gonna have to jump through to see you as Ezekiel? Showtime's expensive around here!
smile.gif

I've heard it's going to be worth it - I was impressed by your Dulann, I'll try anything JMS writes at least once, and I was desperately in love with Luke Perry in eighth grade (most girls in their now-early twenties were desperately in love with Luke Perry in eighth grade, fyi). To top it all off, it's not like you get many post-apocalyptic shows that actually talk about hope.

And, plus. I've heard that you can do things on Showtime that you can't do on the networks...
wink.gif

For those of you in a time warp, yes, 90210 WAS that long ago.

Cheerio, back to work now!

------------------
channe@cryoterrace | "I wonder," said Frodo, "but I don't know. And that's the way of a real tale."

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by channe:
and I was desperately in love with Luke Perry in eighth grade (most girls in their now-early twenties were desperately in love with Luke Perry in eighth grade, fyi).<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

lol.gif
Well, not desperately...
blush.gif
But I did think he was cute!

Indeed, Jeremiah sounds like an interesting project. Too bad the chances to see it here in the foreseeable future are probably even smaller than seeing Rangers.
frown.gif

------------------
"Isn't the universe an amazing place? I wouldn't live anywhere else." - G'Kar, B5: Rangers
Kribu's Lounge | kribu@ranger.b5lr.com

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Kribu:

Indeed, Jeremiah sounds like an interesting project. Too bad the chances to see it here in the foreseeable future are probably even smaller than seeing Rangers.
frown.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

There has to be something you guys can do over there. Perhaps you can get a dish and bounce your signal off an old Russian spy satellite or something.

------------------
'I don't believe in the no-win scenario' - JTK

Well, I know I (and someothers around here) would love to have the opportunity to appear in a sci-fi show (especially LotR *crosses fingers*), even while being stuck in latex all day. I would imagine it would be well worth it, especially if it meant getting to meet some of the actors (and actresses
wink.gif
)

------------------

[This message has been edited by Natron (edited January 25, 2002).]

Back