• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

G'Kar 'Trading Card' Up At SciFi.com

Kribu

Administrator
G\'Kar \'Trading Card\' Up At SciFi.com

'Trading card' no. 3 is up at SciFi's site now - it's the G'Kar card.
smile.gif

There are also two new video clips up. SciFi's description: Watch ISN TV-news clips of Ranger Kitaro Sasaki and Citizen G'Kar as they're interviewed about recent Ranger hostile encounters.

I'm still downloading them myself (damn that site is slow!) so I have no idea what they're all about.

------------------
"Narns, Humans, Centauri... we all do what we do for the same reason: because it seems like a good idea at the time." - G'Kar, Mind War
Kribu's Lounge | kribu@ranger.b5lr.com

Re: G\'Kar \'Trading Card\' Up At SciFi.com

Excellent downloadin the card now
smile.gif

------------------
"When it is time, come to this place, call our name, we will be here" -Walkers of Sigma957

Thanks, Kribu.
smile.gif

By the way, here are direct links to the video clips of Kitaro and G'Kar -- so you can save them even if your browser doesn't support JavaScript (or if you simply hate opening video windows as pop-ups).

[This message has been edited by Lennier (edited December 14, 2001).]

Yeah, they don't like to give the direct links for downloading out, do they?
laugh.gif

My Download Accelerator just started saving the vid right away when I clicked on the javascript link on SciFi's site.
smile.gif

------------------
"Narns, Humans, Centauri... we all do what we do for the same reason: because it seems like a good idea at the time." - G'Kar, Mind War

oh man i just saw the movie for G'Kar,

"love to stay, can't, have to go, kiss kiss, love love, bye"

hilarious stuff
laugh.gif

------------------
I have no one to envy...
I envy you having me to envy...

I've just seen the videos.

Interesting.

I wonder what Lyta has to do with the Rangers... and why Kitaro can't talk about something he obviously knows about (he was there...)

The marketing campaign for the fans is great. Throwing tidbits like that at us. My. It's just... torture.
smile.gif

*laughs*

------------------
The writer's life is not meant to be a happy one. We all accept that going in. -JMS

The video clips were certainly very smartly done. Saying basically nothing - and yet just enough to make me want to see the movie even more.
laugh.gif

I have to say that the promotion stuff is interesting indeed, and rather creative.

As for the video clip in the trading card - ROFL!
laugh.gif

------------------
"Isn't the universe an amazing place? I wouldn't live anywhere else." - G'Kar, B5: Rangers

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by channe:
I wonder what Lyta has to do with the Rangers...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>To me it seemed like it was just SciFi throwing a bone to the fans, kinda like the mention of the Shadows in Kitaro's video.

------------------
"I know how you're feeling... You don't know whether to kiss me or kill me."
"I'm a black widow spider you idiot - I can do both." (hear it)
-- Silverbolt & Blackarachnia, "The Agenda, part 2", Beast Wars

drakh@spamcop.net

Does anybody have a direct link to it? Because I cant dl because of the JAVA scripts.
frown.gif

Nevermind I didnt see them above. I cant belive we cant delete our own posts.

------------------
Webmaster for B5:A2
Babylon 5: Armada II
A MOD for Star Trek: Armada II http://www.tgu.org.uk/users/babylon5/

[This message has been edited by Adam (edited December 15, 2001).]

Anybody else notice the alien that seemed to be from the same race as Minister Kafta?

------------------
"I know how you're feeling... You don't know whether to kiss me or kill me."
"I'm a black widow spider you idiot - I can do both." (hear it)
-- Silverbolt & Blackarachnia, "The Agenda, part 2", Beast Wars

drakh@spamcop.net

drakh -

Yup. I noticed.
smile.gif

------------------
The writer's life is not meant to be a happy one. We all accept that going in. -JMS

I have nor heard of Pat Tallman being in the B5LR movie, so I do not think we see Lyta. Although she may be in the series.

Lyta has had a long connection with the Rangers. She was working with them in "Divided Loyalties", propbably headed their telepats during the Shadow War and was attached to the crew of Whitestar 1 and 2.

------------------
Andrew Swallow

Thanks a lot guys for the links, I have javascript popups blocked (firewall).
smile.gif

G'Kar card - LMAO... I will die of laughter if it turns out it was Dean using his changeling net.
laugh.gif

Kitaro clip - Simply amazing look, very stylish... can't believe how better looking B5 has become. We can pretty much rely on JMS to tell the story good, so may as well appreciate the eye candy.
wink.gif
Very interesting discussion, although Doug has already stated they're more powerful than the shadows, however illogical that may seem. Kitaro doesn't really say they succeeded however, merely they survived... which leaves the possibility that the enemy aren't really beaten just held back.

G'kar clip - Lol, well not much to say evidently.
tongue.gif

------------------
Marc Cosgrove

"From chaos, order came. As was inevitable." -Summoning light

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Dark Lord:
Kitaro clip - Simply amazing look, very stylish... can't believe how better looking B5 has become. We can pretty much rely on JMS to tell the story good, so may as well appreciate the eye candy.
wink.gif
Very interesting discussion, although Doug has already stated they're more powerful than the shadows, however illogical that may seem. Kitaro doesn't really say they succeeded however, merely they survived... which leaves the possibility that the enemy aren't really beaten just held back.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh, I agree with you. I was VERY impressed with that clip. Technology's gotten so much better since B5, hasn't it?

Kitaro's reluctance to give the interviewer any information on the new enemy (listen closely, and you'll hear their name!) is VERY telling. It tells me that they -are- still around, even though they might have been beaten once. It informs me that there's a LOT more story where To Live And Die In Starlight left off.

And, eye candy? I'm loving it. Visually, I'm sure this movie will be a treat!

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by channe:

Kitaro's reluctance to give the interviewer any information on the new enemy (listen closely, and you'll hear their name!) is VERY telling.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

hmmn I couldn't hear the name..is it different to the name we heard before?

------------------
Deviot
Lincbot@yahoo.com.au

Oh, I agree with you. I was VERY impressed with that clip. Technology's gotten so much better since B5, hasn't it?

Kitaro's reluctance to give the interviewer any information on the new enemy (listen closely, and you'll hear their name!) is VERY telling. It tells me that they -are- still around, even though they might have been beaten once. It informs me that there's a LOT more story where To Live And Die In Starlight left off.

And, eye candy? I'm loving it. Visually, I'm sure this movie will be a treat!
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I am in fact very curious as to the budget for the movie with more and more visuals showing up. I didn't believe JMS (IIRC) when he said it was of feature film quality but it really is, in fact a lot of it seems to be mocking some feature films. As I doubt B5 got a feature film budget (a certainty to be sure), yet it blows quite a few feature film CGI out of the water. I know B5 producers were amazing at stretching the penny but this is quite beyond what I expected.

Yes, it seemed as though the character was trying to dance around the issue and get to the next question. Perhaps its the usual run of the mill movie ending, leaving room for a follow-up (as a pilot should do). I expect it to be like thirdspace where they mention how some of the 3rd spacers may have escaped and it was best to be sure. Being in a chaotic fight tends to negate head counts for later inspection. So probably a few ships escape and threaten to release the lion again. Though JMS loves his rope-a-dope and I'll probably be suckered into the wrong conclusion (again... *sigh*).
laugh.gif

------------------
Marc Cosgrove

"From chaos, order came. As was inevitable." -Summoning light

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Deviot:
hmmn I couldn't hear the name..is it different to the name we heard before?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nope, the same name. Body part.

------------------

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back