• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Newbie just starting S2 - Non-Spoilers ONLY!

Re: Newbie just starting S3 - Non-Spoilers ONLY!

You don't really want us to answer that, do you? ;-)

Jan

Exactly. I was just about to say, that would be a spoiler.

Now that you've finished season two, ilikemike, let's see what you think of this...

Remember Lieutenant Commander Laurel Takashima from "The Gathering"? Well, the original plan was that she was going to have been the one with the implanted personality, not Talia. It was under the sway of that implanted personality that the original plan was that it would have been Laurel that shot Garibaldi in the back at the end of season one.

Laurel shooting Garibaldi would've been huge.

Joe...

....put your face in the book.

Jan

I'll be watching the Season 2 commentaries tonight and will then start Season 3. This has been remarkable so far.

I still can't get that picture of Kosh rescuing Sheridan out of my mind...and the aftermath...only Londo couldn't see him...what an omen!

WOW!!!! :eek:

I am so jealous of you for being able to see this for the first time! It only gets better and better.

Let us know when B5 becomes more important to you than food or sleep. We can talk you down, having been there.

Thanks, grumbler. I may need it soon. I'm already dreaming about it.

;)

I'll be watching the Season 2 commentaries tonight and will then start Season 3. This has been remarkable so far.

I still can't get that picture of Kosh rescuing Sheridan out of my mind...and the aftermath...only Londo couldn't see him...what an omen!

WOW!!!! :eek:

That was quite a scene, wasn't it? :)

It's been years since I've seen the episodes, but I remember that one quite well.

Was the actor we saw the same one who is in the suit?

I'll be watching the Season 2 commentaries tonight and will then start Season 3.
Friendly Warning

You might want to be careful about listening to the DVD commentary tracks until after you have watched the entire series.

There are not always careful about spoilers for later episodes in the commentaries. They occassionally make references to how what you are seeing fits in with future events.

Basically, they figure they are generally talking to existing fans who already the full story line of all 5 seasons.

I don't remember off the top of my head which commentaries have that problem and which don't. But I know that some of them did.

Thank you. Since I absolutely do NOT want any spoilers, I'll follow your advice and just go on to Season 3.

I can't wait. Too bad I have to eat supper first.

:LOL:

Was the actor we saw the same one who is in the suit?

Nope. Jeffrey Willerth wore the suit most days, I think, but they brought in someone else who looked more "angelic" for the Human version. The Drazi, Narn, and Minbari versions were probably played by various members of the Rep Company.

ilikemike -- has anyone told you about the Lurker's Guide yet? It's very old, as they began building it during the show's first run-through, but it's still the best episode guide out there. It's got a lot of little bits and pieces of trivia, points out some connections between episodes, raises interesting questions, and best of all -- I'm pretty sure they were very careful about spoilers, so if you only read the guides to episodes you've already seen, you should be fine. Although I may be wrong -- Jan? Joe? Is the Guide still newbie-proof?

Another question -- what did you think of "Comes the Inquisitor"? That's one of my all-time favorites.

Although I may be wrong -- Jan? Joe? Is the Guide still newbie-proof?

NO! The JMS Speaks section especially has been updated with many spoiler-filled comments from post-finale days. I'd stay away from TLG for the time being.

Joe

Okay...I'll hang loose for a while.

"Comes the Inquisitor" was one fantastic episode...the ending shocked the pants off of me. I yelled, "Jack!" That was SO neat!!!

But what a @#$$$! he was!!!! Fits the character. Poor Delenn and Sheridan.

Yikes! I hope it's not too late....Be careful about watching the commentaries as yet. They assume that you've seen the entire series and may well spoil some major things for you. Especially JMS's commentaries!

You might want to hold off on them until the second viewing.

Jan

Okay...I'll hang loose for a while.

"Comes the Inquisitor" was one fantastic episode...the ending shocked the pants off of me. I yelled, "Jack!" That was SO neat!!!

But what a @#$$$! he was!!!! Fits the character. Poor Delenn and Sheridan.

Sheridan's my man, so I didn't like the way Jack treated him! :mad: :LOL:

Back