B5TV.COM. Babylon 5 forums Babylon 5 message for the fans from Claudia Christian Babylon 5

Go Back   B5TV.COM > Babylon 5, Crusade and Rangers > B5.world

Old May 2nd 08, 22:59   #1
Truth_Seeker
Telepath

B5 Episodes You Prefer To Skip?

If had to determine my favourite B5 episodes I would say that I have 105 out of 110 favourite ones.Every episode is a unique part of the whole story, even if it's a stand alone.There are only few episodes that I oftenly skip when I rewatch the series:

-"Exogenesis"

-"TKO"

-"GROPOS"

I don't mean that those episodes are bad but they simply don't make me rewatch them over and over again like the others.

Last edited by Truth_Seeker; May 2nd 08 at 23:32.
Truth_Seeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd 08, 23:57   #2
RW7427

Re: B5 Episodes You Prefer To Skip?

Some of mine would be:

Exogenesis
The Exercise of Vital Powers
Strange Relations
Survivors
Old May 3rd 08, 00:14   #3
vacantlook

The only thing that prompts me to rewatch "Soul Hunter" is the scene where Franklin comments about life while he and Ivanova are overseeing the launching into the sun of the body of the murdered lurker. Otherwise, that episode would be on my list of ones I'd skip.
vacantlook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd 08, 01:51   #4
Cell
Telepath

I don't skip any, I really don't like watching a couple of them, but I still don't skip them.
"When you have reached the end of the road then you can decide whether to go to the left or the right, to fire or to water. If you make those decisions before you have even set foot upon the road it will take you nowhere." - Galen
Cell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd 08, 09:03   #5
Telepath
Ranger

Same here. Even the worst episodes have some elements that tie into one of the arcs, so I do not skip any episodes. But there are some scenes I wish hadn't been included, like the Ivanova sex dance around the Lumati. It's embarrassing.

Last edited by Telepath; May 3rd 08 at 09:06.
Telepath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd 08, 10:14   #6
maneth
Ambassador

I don't feel tempted to skip any, except Interactions in real time. It's jaw-breakingly boring!
Old May 3rd 08, 13:27   #7
Ninja_Squirrel
First One

The ones I prefer to skip are equivalent to my least favorite episodes, which are:

- Soul Hunter (D-)
- Believers (D-)
- Intersections in Real Time (D)

And, I can't remember which episode it's in, but I always fast-forward through the scene where Ivanova has diplomatic "sex" with the arrogant alien ambassador.

As for ones already mentioned, Exogenesis (C-), Survivors (C), and The Exercise of Vial Powers (C+) are not great either, but I can sit through them. Oddly enough, when I graded & ranked every episode in an Excel spreadsheet a few years back, I actually gave TKO, GROPOS, and Strange Relations all a B-. I guess everyone's different.

That spreadsheet is four years old, probably the last time I watched every episode back to back. Since fall 2004, new TV shows have been so good, I haven't had much time for DVDs. I'm tempted to watch the whole series again this summer. I wonder if I'll feel differently about episode quality now.
Old May 4th 08, 07:47   #8
maneth
Ambassador

I love Believers, because it's all too believable. The sort of circumstances that shouldn't arise, but that do.

I'm sometimes tempted to skip the "political" episodes, such as the one where the blonde political advisor with the horrid dead voice was sent to B5. It set my teeth on edge, although it was refreshing to see her sent back where she came from.
Old May 4th 08, 19:57   #9
Truth_Seeker
Telepath

I forgot to mention "Intersections In Real Time".It's hard to watch a proud man like Sheridan tied and interrogated in a prison cell.
Old May 4th 08, 20:19   #10
Cell
Telepath

I don';t skip that episode, but I really don't like it. It's really not realistic in any way and I'm sure that all the political prisoners put there that have been tortured wish they only had to endure what Sherdian went through.
"When you have reached the end of the road then you can decide whether to go to the left or the right, to fire or to water. If you make those decisions before you have even set foot upon the road it will take you nowhere." - Galen
Cell is offline   Reply With Quote