B5TV.COM. Babylon 5 forums Babylon 5 message for the fans from Claudia Christian Babylon 5

Go Back   B5TV.COM > Babylon 5, Crusade and Rangers > B5.world

Old July 23rd 08, 04:30   #21
maneth
Ambassador

Re: The Most Annoying Guest Character In B5?

I really, really, really hated Sebastian, a.k.a. the Inquisitor. Not because the character was badly acted or anything (love WA as Lorien and Drakh) but because I hated the denouement, why, oh why did Sebastian have to be Jack the Ripper? That just completely ruined the episode for me. Detest that episode so much I usually skip Comes The Inquisitor along with Intersections in Real Time. I find the enclosed episodes really boring and not the least interesting. The only exception to that is when we find out about the hole in Sinclair's mind when he's stuck in the holonet.

Byron isn't a favorite of mine either, but that's mainly because the teep plot came after the big climax of the 4th season and because the actor didn't have the charisma to really pull it off. He's good enough as a Minbari earlier in the show, though.

Last edited by maneth; July 23rd 08 at 04:34.
maneth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd 08, 17:56   #22
vacantlook

Sebastian being Jack The Ripper helps to make one go, "Ok, he works for the Vorlons; what the heck is up with them!?"
vacantlook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd 08, 17:58   #23
PillowRock
Psi Cop

Quote:
Originally Posted by vacantlook View Post
I've always thought Captain Maynard, I think his name was, in "A Distant Star" left something to be desired in his performance.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jade Jaguar View Post
You're dissing Russ Tamblyn? Shame on you!
Yeah, you don't to get Ice, Action, A-rab, and Baby John on your case.
PillowRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd 08, 18:59   #24
RW7427

One of the characters I didn't like was Liana Kemmer. She had a history with Garibaldi and blamed him for her father's death. She was bitter and angry and I believe that bitterness affected her judgement and her performance on her job. She let her feelings toward Garibaldi make her do things that she should not have being an Earthforce officer.
Old July 23rd 08, 19:06   #25
Galahad
First One

Send a message via MSN to Galahad Send a message via Yahoo to Galahad Send a message via Skype™ to Galahad

I agree with you for about 40 minutes. I liked her with her hair down and after she had chilled out and made piece with Garibaldi.

But that's entirely superficial.

"We have seen his glory, the glory of the One and Only, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth."

Visit NiCK'S SANCTUARY
Galahad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd 08, 22:30   #26
hypatia
First One

Here we go again: does that count for the purposes of the question heading this thread? I mean, if a character is meant to be annoying (so we get to feel a bit of what Garibaldi must have felt), does that count as far as the question is concerned? I'm pretty sure she was supposed to come off just that way, to kind of put us in Garibaldi's place.
Old July 23rd 08, 22:37   #27
Galahad
First One

Send a message via MSN to Galahad Send a message via Yahoo to Galahad Send a message via Skype™ to Galahad

I think it counts for the purposes of this thread if the character is meant to be annoying... because then it's a way for us to acknowledge that the character has done exactly what they were meant to do.

Annoying doesn't equate with rubbish... does it?

Like in Abigail's Party... I so hated the female lead of that... but it was when someone pointed out to me that this was exactly the emotional response I was supposed to experience... that I first understood conceptual comedy that would lead to shows like the Office and Curb Your Enthusiasm.

I was purely talking from a romantically interested POV though

"We have seen his glory, the glory of the One and Only, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth."

Visit NiCK'S SANCTUARY
Galahad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th 08, 09:22   #28
Chilli
High Treason Prevention Officer

Send a message via ICQ to Chilli Send a message via MSN to Chilli

I loved Ari Ben Zayn. Does this make me weird?

Shaal Mayan was annoying.
Chilli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th 08, 10:20   #29
G'Quon
Lurker

I thot Draal was a really big dork. Both actors. It's a drag for me when he shows up in an episode, just bla bla blah. And besides, sacrifice is not a trait limited to Sentient beings. All kinds of creatures make sacrifices, like possums, and me when i sit thru Draal scenes.

I thot Ben Zayn was a good character, just not the type of character i would invite for dinner.
Old July 24th 08, 14:37   #30
maneth
Ambassador

I like Ari Ben Zayn too, even though he creeps me out big time. But he's supposed to, so again it works.

A fair point about Sebastian and the Vorlons, vacantlook. I hadn't thought of it that way before. Quite coincidentally, I caught the final 15 minutes of the episode yesterday on TV, and I think I finally made my peace with that ep. Now my least favorite episode by far is Intersections in Real Time, although even there the inquisitor was played very well.