• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

EpDis: Deathwalker

Mind War

• C -- Average

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • D -- Poor

• F -- Failure

• Total voters
I'm about to make the recap of Deathwalker. Again, please help me with my questions:

It's about the Telepaths:
The Vorlons made the Telepaths as weapons against the shadows, but in this episode we are told, that the Vorlons are cautious with Telepaths. Why would they? A theory mentioned in this thread is that they are just checking on their weapons. but then why are they known to be cautious about teeps in general.

Additionally: this does weave into the first question, but has nothing to do with this episode, so sorry for going off the rails here:
Didn't the shadows use Telepaths as pilots? How does that work, if Telepaths where meant to be the weapon against them??

Not sure if Vorlons are wary of all telepaths, but we did see that the Shadows had infiltrated Psi Corps, so that would explain some wariness.

Yes, the Shadows were 'importing' telepaths as components for their ships. But I always figured that was in order to turn their weakness into a strangth. Since telepaths could interfere with the gestalt between the human operating system and the Shadow vessels, using telepaths *as* that operating system would neutralize that weakness.

Thanks for the input! So I gather there has never been given an answer to that in the show itself. Your ideas are good ones. If we assume, that the Vorlons know about the Shadows involvement with earth and the psi corps, they might as well just have checked, if Talia has been corrupted by the shadows...

The usage of telepaths as pilots that can shield themselves against other telepaths is a very good point indeed!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back