• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Knight Rider

ElScorcho

Regular
I flipped on the SciFi Channel the other day when I forgot B5 was replaced with the quintessential science fiction known as Knight Rider.

Man, I used to watch this show when I was a kid, but I never realised how much it sucks. It's like The A-Team without the A-Team. Five minutes was all I could bear. Oh well, the way SciFi is going, it will soon be replaced with My Mother, The Car.
tongue.gif

I totally loved Knight Rider as a kid.
grin.gif

Well, I loved the car (hey! I was around 10!), and always thought Devon was a very handsome man.
blush.gif

I don't think I'd watch it now though.
shocked.gif

..and always thought Devon was a very handsome man.

Why am I not surprised :p *ducks*

Yes, I watched & loved Knight Rider. I doubt that anyone who was around in the 80's didn't watch this show. I, like many others, was basicly fond of the car (It had a cool voice in the dubbed german version. Never saw this show in english)

My dislike of David Hasselhoff prohibts me from watching more than 2 minutes of the show nowadays
blush.gif
I can't find out if it's really as bad as everybody says.

Some people get accused of "robbing the cradle." Kribu will be accused of "robbing the coffin."
smile.gif

"My Mother, The Car" is too good for Skiffy. It's probably too "deep" for their intended audience (as somebody on alt.tv.scifi.channel put it, "slack-jawed mouth breathers").
tongue.gif

Oh well, the way SciFi is going, it will soon be replaced with My Mother, The Car.

The way SciFi is going they will remake My Mother, The Car; have it star John Edward, and treat it as a 'serious' show.
grin.gif

I was an avid fan of Knight Rider. I even made up my own adventure; every single scene in detail.

It was better than The A Team in the fact that people actually got hit by the bullets that were fired and could die. Nobody ever died in The A Team if you noticed.

Knight Rider I would probably watch today, as long as it isn't the hacked half hour episodes that ITV sometimes tried to fool us with. The original is certainly better than Knight Rider 2000 or Team Knight Rider (Shudders!)

Why doesn't someone just shoot me now? *Massive weeping*

My first thoughts were "Shoot me! Shoot me now!"

...or same as yours, but without the massive weeping (It's a guy, "control" thing.)
frown.gif

I used to watch Knight Rider as well in the 80s , thought it was quite entertaining then .. watched series like the A-team and Airwolf back then too ..

Feels a lifetime ago ..
grin.gif

laugh.gif
I used to watch Sesame Street, too. Hardly a show I'd be tuning into today, though.

No Rangers series or Crusade, but instead Night Rider.
rolleyes.gif
This is really adding insult to injury!
laugh.gif

Cheap, mainstream science fiction. This seems to be their angle. Why not recycle an old show which would be new to a younger audience that never saw it since they were in diapers when it was airing.

Or for us older folks, we may just tune in because we did grow up watching it. Hell, Ill admit it, Ill probably watch it now and then if Im around when its on. Yea the show doesnt really hold up to todays standards, but it was great back in the 80s. Gotta keep things in perspective.

When I was a kid, my two favourite shows were Speed Racer and Starblazers. Over the past couple years, I've stumbled across both of them and realised that they weren't quite as good as I remembered them. But, as you get older, your tastes change. And Knight Rider gives me the same "kid show" kind of feeling when I see it.

I also used to watch Buck Rogers and Space:1999 when I was younger, but haven't seen them in years. I sometimes wonder if the same would hold true for them. Maybe if there was a channel dedicated to science fiction
mad.gif
, shows like these would be reaired and I could see for myself.

I also used to watch Buck Rogers and Space:1999 when I was younger, but haven't seen them in years. I sometimes wonder if the same would hold true for them. Maybe if there was a channel dedicated to science fiction
mad.gif
, shows like these would be reaired and I could see for myself.

UFO was like that for me. I picked up Set 1 on DVD, and it still looks good, and much more respectable than Sci-Fi's new ideas for series.
tongue.gif

When I found Knight Rider on Sci Fi I watched one episode and treated more like a comedy, I laughed almost all the way through. Strange how things change when you get older. In the 80's I loved that show and couldn't get enough of KITT.

This may be a lil off topic but now I'm hooked on MacGyver again since they began airing it on TV Land at the beginning of january.

What sci fi needs to air again is The Prisoner cuz I need a few more times to watch the series to try and figure it all out.

What sci fi needs to air again is The Prisoner cuz I need a few more times to watch the series to try and figure it all out.

From what I know of the Prisoner, you haven't got much chance. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think Patrick Magooan (sp?) originally wrote it as a six episode story, but the suits told him to write more. The other episodes of course don't fit in with the initial arc.

I haven't seen much of it, but it's probably worse than Twin Peaks.

I had a Knight Rider Big Wheel. It had the handbreak and everything. Along with my brother's General Lee Big Wheel we were two stylin' kids.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back