• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Anyone captured an image of the new ship yet?

vakie

Beyond the rim
Someone mentioned that there was an image of the new ship in the TV commercial aired on the Sci-Fi channel, which was promoting the 'secret' website announcement. I can't see the channel here, so anyone care to make a mpeg of the commercial, or just capture an image of the ship?
wink.gif

------------------
vakie

I have the commercial that you're speaking of but it doesn't show any CGI or the outside of the ship, just the inside of it....

------------------
"Faith Manages"

I am absolutely amazed at how many people are obsessed with the B5-universe ships. I am really glad that B5LR is specifically starting with a worn out 'ol Oldsmobile, so to speak. Makes life more interesting when the suits have to get out and push.
wink.gif

------------------
"Why not? Only 1 Human captain has ever survived battle with the Minbari fleet. He is behind me, you are in front of me. If you value your lives, be somewhere else."

The reason why we have seen the ship is simple. The ship will be created in the post-production. And preview is just the result of filming. There was no CGI inside preview. Post-production started one week ago. We will see the ship after post-production. But I don't know, when it will be?

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR> The reason why we have seen the ship is simple. The ship will be created in the
post-production. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, from what JMS has said, they already Have the ship design. Maybe not yet in the Computer CGI sense, but definitely down on paper. JMS few posts on the subject made it clear that they have a lot more than just a "concept" inside someone's head.

Actually, they probably have most of it rendered in the computer as a 3-D model. What they do in the CGI stage is make the model MOVE and come alive.

They also have to have the interiors pretty well complete. Most of the interiors would be the Sets the actors shot the scenes on with a bit of computer enhancement being added later. Or, if they were shooting "blue screen", the set designs would have to be complete in order for the actors to know where to stand and walk. Only the ghosts get to walk through walls.
wink.gif

I'm sure the lack of imagery at this point is because the SciFi Publicity people haven't gotten a Round Tuit, yet.

Actually, they undoubtedly have a Timetable plotted out for just what teasers we get to see when.

------------------
Yes, I like cats too.
Shall we exchange Recipes?

Actually, as I understand it at this point, we have not A new ship, but Two. There is the "new to US" jalopy of a ship they will start out in and a New to Them ship they will get later in the movie. Or later in the Series. I haven't seen any clarification of this point.

------------------
Yes, I like cats too.
Shall we exchange Recipes?

I have mentioned this before, but the old ship is most likely a "Monitor Class", predicessor to the "Whitestar Class Monitor". In the last 200 years, the Rangers were not well treated by the Grey Council, and were not worthy of the Sharlin or even the Tanashi. They operated at the sufferance of the Grey Council.

------------------

There could not have been a picture of the ship, because the ship has only recently been modeled in CGI. The designs are finalized, but the long process of animating and rendering the effects and then compositing them into the live action is only beginning.

All in good time... we'll see the Liandra soon...

------------------
WombatControl
http://www.flarn.com/wombatcontrol/
"Who let the spoo out? Sigh sigh sigh sigh sigh..."

The damn horse is bumping its head on the cart again
smile.gif

------------------
Bus
"Authorities say the phony pope can be recognized by his high-top sneakers and increadibly foul mouth." Kent Brockman

Back