• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Farscape

KoshFan

Regular
Since I've had a lot of free time on my hands, I thought I'd give Farscape a try. I'm almost (but not quite) through the first season.

A lot of the eps. were only okay, not terribly impressive -- but then I was raised on Babylon 5 and Buffy, so my standards are rather extreme. I knew, however, that it's supposed to get better, so I plowed along contentedly enough, grinning occasionally at Crichton's quips and occasionally admiring Claudia Black, especially when she's got her hair in a pony tail.

The episode where Moya gets split into various dimensions pretty much hooked me -- specifically the scene where Aeyrn and John communicate via charades. That had me laughing so hard...

I'm enjoying myself, anyway.

Ooo. Do enjoy. As you noted, it takes a bit to really hit its stride, but once it does it's pretty good.

Last edited:
I have some inklings of what's to come -- I saw what appeared to be the first half of a major two-parter from later on, and I read some interesting essays about what the show wound up doing. I saw Scorpy's first ep today, and I recognized him right off. Also I have a guess as to what Moya's baby is going to wind up being; I think they aren't going to be quite so helpless in the future.

Crichton's great, and rather realistic, as he's not Superman -- he's got so much to learn, of course he'd seem fairly worthless. But that'll change. And, as ever, I need my vicarious smoochies, so I'm watching the unfolding Aeryn/John romance with great interest.

Its awesome. I pushed myself through S1, but by the middle of S2 its just great.

I've still not seen all of S3 / 4, but I really love this show.

I'm with the fans who, one reason or another, stopped watching after a certain character left. I did see the finale, but Farscape never quite pulled me in, for some reason.

But it is an excellent series.

I just watched the body-rotation episode, which had me in hysterics. Let's just say that Crichton and I had the exact same idea at the exact same moment. Which put me in mind of a different body-swapping episode entirely, and I had to jump up and down screaming, "Because it's wrong!" a few times before I could keep watching.

Major geek points to you if you followed all that.

"If you cannot afford legal counsel, then tough noogies! Do you understand all your rights as I have read them to you?"
"No...."
"Then I can't arrest you!"

I loved Farscape..right from the first ep..it just got better as time went on...i`m watching them all from the beginning again...well, I was..they are at Gs..but i`ll be watching again come November..:D

I really love Claudia/Aeryn...and Cricton isn`t bad either,,;)

A quick thread resurrection... since my addiction to the Wire cannot be continued until Season 5 gets out on disc, I restarted my Farscape watching. Almost done with season 3 now. Some great stuff going on.

"Flying through wormholes ain't like dusting crops, farmboy. It takes some finesse."

On the conclusion of Season 3, I think Crichton says it best. "You've got to be kidding me."

And, of course, I still can't watch season 4 because someone's hogging all of Netflix's copies.

On the conclusion of Season 3, I think Crichton says it best. "You've got to be kidding me."

And, of course, I still can't watch season 4 because someone's hogging all of Netflix's copies.

Farscape is one of my favorite shows and one of the best SF shows ever made. It's crazy and serious all at the same time. The imaginations behind that show were immense! The show's look and quality never falter.

I'm really hoping that the new webisodes on Sci-Fi.com do so damn well they bring back the series!

CE

Hmmmmmm, Farscape. (goes to netflix to add some new disks to queue.) Never watched it! It sounds like I need to.

A really good and original show which was different from anything shown before.The characters are interesting(especially Rygel XVI) and the story arc is good.Crichton's sense of humour also makes the series a great fun.
When I heard the music for the first time I though:"Man, this really sounds alien".The only thing that I didn't like is that Moya had no external weapons and we couldn't see her in a space battle.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back