• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Babylon 5: Ten Lost Tales that Sholud Be Found

B5 is plot top heavy and would need serious rework in order to capture the fanbase and acclaim of say nu BSG which was never even really a big hit.

Yeah. It was buzzworthy for about a year and a half, but it started bleeding ratings pretty quickly after that.

OTOH, the original BSG was such a huge hit that the network had to go out of its way to kill it. Twice. (In modern money, each episode of the original BSG cost about $3.7 million. They couldn't afford to keep it on the air.)

I'm curious what the distribution/production method was going to be for the B5 reboot. Was it going to be a Netflix series? All I remember hearing was that it was going to be shortened seasons and an alternative distribution method.

I hadn't heard any of that, but Netflix favors 13 ep seasons.

Also worth noting that "Reboot" here probably doesn't mean "A reboot of the entire B5 universe." Probably just "Everything after B5.

Pretty sure it was a fresh reboot. It made sense to retell the original story at that point.

Pretty sure it was a fresh reboot. It made sense to retell the original story at that point.
Here's a podcast where JMS discussed it a little back after the new distribution method disintegrated. The part where JMS talks about the reboot starts about 2:22.

http://www.geekplanetonline.com/hos...The+Babble+On+Project)&utm_content=FeedBurner

Jan

Interesting listen. I'd be worried about him bringing back too many of the original actors in different roles though. It would serve to distract too much.

Every studio wants to get their own version of Netflix/Hulu it seems. It makes sense, but it spreads out the content all over the place and costs consumers a lot more.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back