• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Well, . . Got my Season 5 dvd. . .

• Thread starter **DONOTDELETE**
  • Start date
Re: Well, . . I got MY Season 5 dvd. . .

Finally got season 5 yesterday. Disc two was loose in the package, with very tiny scratches. No other discs were loose but Disc 4 has a large scratch. Ugh. Haven't watched anything but the gag reel yet though. Last time around (season 4) I watched the one disc that had a scratch first, and it kind of ruined things for me since it had the best episodes of the season. :(

Re: Well, . . I got MY Season 5 dvd. . .

I received my set the other day. Disc five was not loose, but when I turned it over, it had a nasty scratch on the back. So, I watched it first. The disc played without interruption. However, on the first two episodes of the disc small white scratches (I know of no other way to describe them.) appeared fleetingly on the screen. I know that others complained of the poor transfer quality in the previous seasons. It is not something that bothered me. Perhaps what I noticed this time around occured on the previous seasons, and I simply did not bother to notice. I subjected this disc to a great amount of scrutiny and the "scratches" that appeared on the screen bothered me tremendously.

However, on a happier note, I had forgotten how much I had enjoyed the end run of the show.

As the friend I am introducing to Babylon 5 has only gotten through season 4, I will have to refrain from watching another episode. I might be tempted to watch Sleeping in Light. It will be hard to resist.

Frizzell

Back