• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

The trailer: the state of play today

AntonyF

Administrator
Staff member
Wow. Frenzy! The interest in the trailer has been very high it seems. B5LR.com's traffic has been very high. Thanks to everyone for their enthusiasm... and for sharing it at B5LR.com.

I today closed a few threads in the forum, mostly because we've got so many on the go! Just trying to compact, and make things a bit easier. Here is the state of play at 14 June 2:45am PST....

Secret page... is back up, and still up at http://www.scifi.com/secret . You can use your own handle, but messageboard member Scott kindly supplied the following login details for anyone that's having difficulties:

U1:b5lrfans
U2:b5lrfan
Password for both:b5lr

Photos... of the trailer are here: http://www.b5lr.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/000156.html and http://www.geocities.com/maltheatre/rangers.html

Transcripts... are available here: http://www.b5lr.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/000155.html and http://www.b5lr.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/000160.html

Downloads... if you're having a problems streaming, the files themsleves have been uploaded to the B5LR.com newsletter at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/B5LR . You'll need to be a member to download the files, so join the newsletter if you want. Mirrors will hopefully be added to B5LR.com in the near future.

Audio... there is a real audio file here, thanks to messageboard user Azlynn: http://www.geocities.com/maltheatre/rangers.html
I'd say it was done via a microphone, which is understandably one of the few options. My own version will be uploaded to the B5LR.com newsletter page later, with a mirror at the site soon.

Timeline... it seems that B5LR will take place before the teep war!

Article... expect a big article on all this at B5LR.com soon.

Thanks to everyone who's supplied links, images, transcripts or whatever else to your fellow fans.
smile.gif

Now, what does everyone think of the trailer?
smile.gif

------------------
Dreg: "Most beauteous and supremely magnificent one, this dark spell I hold in my worthless and scabby hand is our gift to you, most tingly and wonderful Glorificus..."
Glory: "Please, call me Glory. And get up, looking at you is hurting my neck."
Dreg: "Forgive me, shiny special one. I beg of you to rip out my inadequate tongue."
Glory: "Gimme."

[This message has been edited by AntonyF (edited June 14, 2001).]

Looking at everything Antony just wrote above...

Isn't it amazing what roughly 40 seconds of blurry video (OK, I'm not complaining, it wasn't that bad!) can do?!

As for the trailer (though I'd rather call it a promo teaser) - well, it made me more curious than ever before. Looks good, has a sense of the mysterious in it (the ghost faces? Wow!), not to mention "city... billions of years old"!
smile.gif
And looks like there's going to be plenty of action as well.

And I just have to add... it was so good to see G'Kar again. Yippee!
laugh.gif

------------------
"It's animal magnetism. What can I say."

Yes, it's amazing. If this site has had a surge, I bet Sci Fi had a bigger one!

Yesterday, the 13th, was the second highest day yet. The 12th was the third highest day.
smile.gif

------------------
Dreg: "Most beauteous and supremely magnificent one, this dark spell I hold in my worthless and scabby hand is our gift to you, most tingly and wonderful Glorificus..."
Glory: "Please, call me Glory. And get up, looking at you is hurting my neck."
Dreg: "Forgive me, shiny special one. I beg of you to rip out my inadequate tongue."
Glory: "Gimme."

[This message has been edited by AntonyF (edited August 06, 2001).]

I love the Promo. Ive been waiting for this a long time. Who were under attack by? I can bet it was the Drahk.

------------------
Home of the index of Alien races of Crusade: (Hopefully more updated more when Crusade comes back!)
http://babylon5crusade.cjb.net

I assumed from a hint that Antony gave that there was some glimpse of a ghost in the trailer. I did not see any, though. And upon thinking about the trailer: I hope G'kar doesn't just have a cameo in this. I hope he won't just walk in, hand over the orders about the city, and walk out!

------------------
"Why not? Only 1 Human captain has ever survived battle with the Minbari fleet. He is behind me, you are in front of me. If you value your lives, be somewhere else."

I very much hope not!
shocked.gif

Although I doubt that would be the case... besides, didn't jms mention a while ago that the "fan favourite" (it was before revealing that it's G'Kar) would have an "extensive" role in the movie?

I suppose Antony would know, though. He seems to know everything.´
wink.gif

------------------
"It's animal magnetism. What can I say."

A big thankyou to all concerned making the download of the preview available... much appreciated.

Us Aussies wouldn't have had a hope in Za'Hadum to see it otherwise...

(PS Can I ask how you actually did download the files in the first place?? Ta)

------------------
IHHBHG
Live Well.
WhiteStar12

This are great news indeed
i cant believe B5 lives on after all that has passed...
dreams do come true

------------------
Knowledge can be gained from everything,even standing objects themselves.To convert this to wisdom well....That is the tricky part.

Couple of replies:

The "ghosts" (I think they are) are visible in the 4 shots (12-15) that Azlynn has on his/her page. Well, technically, only on 2. The hallway is empty in the last two shots but they are part of the same scene.

As for G'Kar's part: JMS said do you think I would bring him him all the way up to Vancouver, put him up in accomodations, and pay him for just a cameo?

------------------
"Draal gave Zathras list of things not to say. This was one. No, not good. Not supposed to mention 'one'... or 'THE one'... Mmmm. You never heard that."

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by B5_Obsessed:
Couple of replies:

The "ghosts" (I think they are) are visible in the 4 shots (12-15) that Azlynn has on his/her page. Well, technically, only on 2. The hallway is empty in the last two shots but they are part of the same scene.

As for G'Kar's part: JMS said do you think I would bring him him all the way up to Vancouver, put him up in accomodations, and pay him for just a cameo?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

laugh.gif
I'm glad to hear it. It has been done, you know! But JMS has more sense than that.

I'll go back to Azlynn's photos and look for the ghosts, too.

Thanks.

------------------
"Why not? Only 1 Human captain has ever survived battle with the Minbari fleet. He is behind me, you are in front of me. If you value your lives, be somewhere else."

BEFORE THE WAR?!

Where the Hell did THAT come from?!!!!!

Don't hold out on us too long, Antony!
I don't see how that could possibly be, but if it is, it changes EVERYTHING!

------------------
"Draal gave Zathras list of things not to say. This was one. No, not good. Not supposed to mention 'one'... or 'THE one'... Mmmm. You never heard that."

Here's jms's whole exchange on the G'Kar issue.

>This issue (money, honey) alone, pretty well eliminates ANY of the main characters appearing for more than a walk-on unless they're willing to work virtually for scale, which one would hope none of them are so hard-up for cash as to do.

Our budget for the TV movie is absolutely in line with what's usually spent...and if you actually knew anything about TV production, you'd know that you don't spend the money to fly someone from LA to Vancouver, put them up, and do all the rest...just to use that person for a walk-on.

The role, as written, is extensive and all THROUGH the movie. So on that final score, you're just plain wrong.

jms

------------------

hehe... I just love it when JMS proves so-called 'know-it-alls' wrong...

If a TV movie budget were the proportional equivalent to a series episode budget, I would imagine that if Rangers became a series, that they would then have the budget to write other B5 characters into guest appearances in episodes... so if we want to see other B5'ers appear in the possible Rangers series, it should be a possibility... but I know as much about those kinds of things as a Narn knows about fine cuisine.
tongue.gif

------------------
-Londo's Hair
"Vir, intelligence has nothing to do with politics!"

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by B5_Obsessed:
BEFORE THE WAR?!

Where the Hell did THAT come from?!!!!!

Don't hold out on us too long, Antony!
I don't see how that could possibly be, but if it is, it changes EVERYTHING!
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Still catching up on board reading ...

I am pretty sure Antony got this info from Dennis Kristos. He was one of the organizers of the Gathering in Vancouver, BC and very knowledgable in B5 facts ... however, he was wrong in stating that the Rangers movie/series takes place before the Teep War.
wink.gif

------------------
Monica Hübinette | http://monica.hubbe.net/ | http://abyss.hubbe.net/b5/

Find what excites you, and do it. Follow your joy; the rest will take care of itself.
--J. Michael Straczynski--

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR> As Sheridan said in the movie "Thirdspace"

"I know! Exciting isn't it?!" <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If Sheridan said that in Thirdspace (I don't remember it), He was quoting Draal when they were discussing searching for First Ones.

Along with the possibilities of being Vivisected, Barbequed, stepped on or Killed in any of many other painful ways.

------------------
Yes, I like cats too.
Shall we exchange Recipes?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back