• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

SciFi time change: what has it done to you?

As U.S. watchers of the SciFi channel know, Babylon 5 has been moved from 7PM to 5PM, Eastern Time.

What has this done to your daily schedule?

------------------
"What's up, Drakh?"

Michael Garibaldi

I'm no longer watching Oprah at 4 p.m CST.
laugh.gif

Ro

------------------
A ship in a port is safe, but that's not what ships are for.

Rear Admiral Grace Murray Hopper

I'm taking a winter class from 1 to 4 so by the time I get home and make lunch(at least that's what I call it) it's on. I have been watching lately, even though I had not been through this run when it was on at seven.

------------------
"Crying isn't gonna get your dog back. Unless your tears smell like dog food. So you can sit here eating can after can of dog food until your tears smell like dog food or you can go out there and find your dog."-Homer in The Canine Mutiny

What has it done to me?

Pissed me off.

I don't get home from work until just before 7pm EST so now I don't watch B5 anymore. When it aired at 7, it was perfect. Now instead of getting home, watching TV and eating, I usually run errands or something first as there is nothing on of interest at that time anymore.

------------------
'I don't believe in the no-win scenario' - JTK

I drive like there is a Shadow vessel on my tail....and I need to find a jump gate to get home by 5:00.

Simply...It fradggn' sucks!!!

------------------
"...abso-FRAGGIN-lutely, damn it! I have been studying your use of lauguage since our last discussion. Do you approve?"

It just made me reset my VCR, as I tape it and watch it at lunch religiously every day (even though I already have the whole series taped...which my wife never lets me forget). I can't wait until the DVD sets come out, so I buy them and STILL tape it every day to watch at lunch LOL
laugh.gif
!!!!!

I can't wait until next Saturday!

------------------
Wipster

"Live Long in Prosser"

Not much since I am taping each episode this time through anyway. But instead of watching my tape at 8:00, I usually am watching it at 6:00 now. Also I tape something else in the morning, so I have to use 2 vcrs now since I don't want it on my Babylon 5 tape, and I can't count on getting home from work before 5:00- in time to switch the tape. But I can live with this.

------------------
"We Centauri live our lives for appearances. Position, status, title; these are the things by which we define ourselves. But when I look beneath the mask I am forced to wear, I see only emptiness. And then I think of you. And I say to hell with appearances." - Ambassador Londo Mollari, Born to the Purple

I believe several others have relayed the sentiment quite succinctly with the following:

IT SUCKS

This adequately describes how I feel about it. I'm in CST, and that leaves B5 on at 4PM, and I have a full time job, so it's out of my reach.

On top of that, I can't find Farscape on Sci-Fi either. It was a perfect arrangement before, Babylon 5 then Farscape. Now I rarely watch Sci-Fi. The next time I plan to sit down with Sci-Fi is the 19th.

Blah. B5 belongs in primetime. . . no matter how many times it is rerun. What are they running in it's place? First Wave, or Earth: Final Conflict? They just don't compare.

Bad Sci-Fi. . . no cookie!!!!

Radar

------------------
"The avalanche has already begun. It is too late for the pebbles to vote."

The time change has only increased my viewing of B5. Infact, now I can annoy my family by watching it in the living room and hogging the t.v. Isn't life great
smile.gif

------------------
Have a nice day!!!

One other thing it's done is guarantee I will not be watching SFC at 6 p.m.

E:FC betrayed me during the initial run by gutting continuity. The actors were cut completely adrift from any coherent arc, and it got real ugly real quick, imnsho.

To watch that play out again is not something I'm going to volunteer for.

My fondest hope is that the 6 p.m. ratings drop like a stone as the second season eps progress. Making B5 look even better by comparison.
smile.gif

However, it is an imperfect universe, and somebody's been watching E:FC all this time.

It just hasn't been me. lol.

Ro

------------------
A ship in a port is safe, but that's not what ships are for.

Rear Admiral Grace Murray Hopper

I'm on the West Coast, but I get the East Coast feed so I see B5 at 2 PM. Actually, it's not too bad. I work the overnight shift, so I sleep during the day. I always seem to wake up around 2 to eat something, so I will put B5 on. Then, I go back to sleep.

Tammy

------------------

"We're in here! Can anyone hear us?"
"I hear you." [giggle, laugh]
"In here!"
"We are here." [giggle, laugh]
-- Londo and G'Kar in Babylon 5:"Convictions"

Tammy's Station
http://community.webtv.net/gkarfan/TammysStation

I'm curious...all you folks that don't like the new timing, don't you have VCR's, Tivo, etc.? It really makes it much easier to watch the best show ever made whenever you want to without commercials (except B5LR, I always watch them) and to be able to take a bathroom break when necessary.

Just curious...
laugh.gif

p.s., what happened to the 3D emoticons?

------------------
Wipster

"Live Long in Prosser"

I actually like the new time better, since it lets SciFI put on 5 eps a week (it no longer interferes with their 'Friday Prime' thing). im usually home at 5, but i tape it so I can enjoy five straight episodes of b5 on friday night, with some pizza and maybe someone im trying to get to watch the show......bliss!

------------------
Religion is the opiate of the masses.
-Marx

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by wipster:

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

crazy.gif
You just used the 3D Grin.

------------------
KoshN
-------------
Vorlon Empire

"To Live and Die in Starlight"
pilot movie for "Babylon 5 - The Legend of the Rangers"
January 19, 2002 at 9PM & 11PM EST, January 20, 2002 at 5PM on The Sci-Fi Channel (US).
http://www.scifi.com/b5rangers/

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by wipster:

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

We can't link to "outside smilies" anymore. It caused too much trouble to the site, or something. Anyhow, Antony asked up to stop remote linking to the fancy smilies.
frown.gif

------------------
"The Bible is a book: it is a good book, but is is not the only book" - Inherit the Wind

"I do not believe that the same God who
has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use."—Galileo

hypatia@b5fan.b5lr.com

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by davethedivine:
I actually like the new time better, since it lets SciFI put on 5 eps a week (it no longer interferes with their 'Friday Prime' thing). <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I hate being the bearer of bad tidings...

The Friday episodes continue only through February 1. Starting February 8, Invisible Man reruns will air Fridays at 5 PM.

------------------
-- Marty
"Always do what you're good at," they tell me.
So I go around annoying people.

oh, well, at least we get a few weeks..... Shouldnt this run be coming to an end sometime in february? Were in the middle of season 4 now, so there cant be much more than 5 or 6 weeks left. Any one know how many more runs through the series SciFi's gonna do? I'd love it if they just repeated it indefinitely, but all good things, even B5, must come to an end. Thank god for sequel series....

------------------
Religion is the opiate of the masses.
-Marx

[This message has been edited by davethedivine (edited January 15, 2002).]

Well, I definantly don't like it. I usually don't get time to sit down untill about 7:00, so It was nice to chill out and watch B5. Now, I always end up missing it. I just seen this topic, and it reminded me that I missed it again! So, now I'll just stick to watching it on my tapes.
laugh.gif

------------------
-With every light is born a shadow-

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back