• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Cool stuff throughout the show

Well it's a rainy weekend here in the tri-state and I holed up tonight and finished season 4. With some new stereo equipment, the end of the earth war was a blast- kinda literally- as whitestars and destroyers were zooming about my living room.

Claudia Christian has never been my favorite actor in the series- though probably just because she had to share the screen with so much awesome talent- but her last major scene, crying over Markas with Franklin, brought a tear to my cold cold heart.

In the finale, we see a video recording of Garibaldi as hostage to telepaths. Now of course we get the full context of this in season 5 but one thing I found kind of interesting was that Sheridan referenced Captain Lochley. I didn't realize the make-up of season 5- with Ivanova out and the name of the next captain- was already thought out by the filming of this episode.

Can the actor that played Neroon be in more stuff for pete's sake? For the next few months I'm going to be going around trying to talk like Neroon...

In the finale, we see a video recording of Garibaldi as hostage to telepaths. Now of course we get the full context of this in season 5 but one thing I found kind of interesting was that Sheridan referenced Captain Lochley. I didn't realize the make-up of season 5- with Ivanova out and the name of the next captain- was already thought out by the filming of this episode.

That's because "Deconstruction of Falling Stars" was the first episode filmed when they started filming season five. They filmed it first to use it to replace "Sleeping In Light", which had been filmed at the end of season four to be the finale of the show because they thought there wouldn't be a fifth season. When they got surprised with TNT picking up the show for the fifth season, they pulled SiL to use at the end of season five, but that meant they needed a new season four finale, so the first episode they filmed when they started filming season five was the season four finale replacement, which is DoFS.

Last edited:
Watching Intersections In Real Time was a thrill, again. My love for this episode knows no bounds. What a ballsy thing to put on TV- right in the middle of the climax of a huge war, along with other major plot threads going on, let's drop a two-man claustrophobic play about resistance and truth and such. Brilliant. The look on Sheridan's face when the Drazi pulls his hood off is priceless. Such a brutal moment.

Only thing that felt weird was how quickly he recovered afterward. Sure he told Delenn he'll talk about it "when I'm ready," but that shit he went through was traumatic. You can't just hop in a captain's chair, lead a battle to free your world, get married and start leading a new political alliance right away.

The only thing that might make that plausible is that after dying on Z'ha-dum, he can deal with things other people can't.

It's a shame that jms didn't get to do it the way he wanted. Had he not been afraid of not having a fifth season, "Intersections In Real Time" would've been the season four finale. I think that episode would've been a nice point of super-high tension to end the season on.

I actually really like that it's not a finale. Just sits there as a big island of viciousness in the middle of all the action.

Back