• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

season 1 and 5 similarities

jnk5y

Regular
was just thinking about season 1 and 5. JMS said something about sinclair going from one ep to another solving problems. It reminds me of the captian in season 5. She just went around solving peoples problems. It all comes full circle eh?

------------------

Yes, that's it actually one of the things I liked about season 5 - that it was similair to season 1 - dealing with the usual station problems
smile.gif

------------------
"Will you follow me into fire? Into storm, into darkness, into death?!

I never noticed that until I read this thread. Good point
smile.gif
There really wasn't a lot for Sinclair or Lochley to do, so going around the station and solving all of the problems took up much of their time. Sheridan on the other hand was busy fighting wars most of the time, First the Shadow War, then the EA Civil War.

------------------
Dulann: You don't solve your problems by hitting them.
David Martel: Yeah, well, it made me feel better.

[This message has been edited by RW7427 (edited February 28, 2002).]

Sheridan, virtually right off the bat, made it known that he didnt want to deal with every day station problems. He promoted Ivanova, and had her handle most of the everyday diplomatic issues. He even bitched out Garibaldi for informing him on every little detail, telling him he expects Michael to handle them himself.

So Sheridan was never really in that problem solver role. He was put on B5 to find out if the crew was loyal, then soon after found him self smack in the middle of the General Hague / EA conspiracy, as well as learning about the coming Shadow War. So even in his early days he didnt fit the same role that Sinclair and Lochley filled.

------------------
'I don't believe in the no-win scenario' - JTK

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jnk5y:
was just thinking about season 1 and 5. JMS said something about sinclair going from one ep to another solving problems. It reminds me of the captian in season 5. She just went around solving peoples problems. It all comes full circle eh?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hmm. Good call, jnk5y. I hadn't noticed that. That may be one of the reasons they are my least favorite seasons.

Just to be clear: I said they are my least favorite seasons. I don't hate them by any strech of the imagination.
wink.gif

------------------
"We are (not) all Kosh."

Season 1 and Season 5 weren't bad IMO. "Signs and Portents" from S1 is among my top 5 episodes and "Sleeping in the Light" from S5 is among my top 5 also. They both also had many other strong episodes.
And I didn't think Sinclair was "wooden" either.

Season one and five didn't have any major conflicts. Like fighting Shadows, or Earth. But, I love them just the same!

Season 1 had Sinclair. That's reason enough for me to like it. /ubbthreads/images/icons/laugh.gif
And season 5 was just so much great character stuff - I was really glad I didn't stop watching B5 in mid-season 4 when it really got boring for me the first time.

Interesting.

I wonder how the middle of Season 4 can seem boring.
For me, it would be among the least likely candidates.
Perhaps of due to my interest in all affairs Minbari.
Perhaps because I missed that part in 1998.
Perhaps because of our first glimpse at the Drakh and a Keeper,
developments on on Babylon 5, Earth and Mars.

The Illusion of Truth
Atonement
Racing Mars
Lines of Communication
Conflicts of Interests
Rumors, Bargains and Lies
Moments of Transition

To me, most of these episodes were fairly interesting.

Exactly. To me, the Minbari matters, not to mention the Earth and Mars problems, were among the least interesting in the whole series.

To each their own. /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif I'm just really glad we got season 5 with the whole Centauri storyline!

I like season one because Micheal O'Hare and a bald headed Delenn I still think she could have lived up to her people's prophecies and remained in her original form.Just my two cents

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

I still think she could have lived up to her people's
prophecies and remained in her original form.

<hr></blockquote>But that would deprive my fanfic story of
an interesting way to explain how the triluminaries came to be.

[evil grin]

I think you have a point , it does come full circle in a way with season 5.

Still , the seasons of conflict are my favs , especially season 4! *g*

dawnchild
/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

speaking of triluminaries and changes.
why is it Delenn went half/half but Sinclair turn in to a full Minbari? do you think if Delenn would have stayed in the thing longer she would have become fully human?

I suspect Sinclair/Valen was full Minbari in appearance only, since he later had children who were not pure Minbari, and had Human genes.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back