• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

B5 blooper?

I was watching "Day of the Dead" the other day and I caught a blooper that I hadn't noticed before. Just as Mr. Morden disappears in Lennier's quarters--as the newspaper drops to the floor--you can see the tip of someone's white sneakers come into picture on the lower left corner of the screen.

Are there other bloopers out there in other episodes?

There are some occasional fluffed lines of dialogue. For example, Franklin refers to a 'bi-pulmonary' system when he means bicardial in 'the Very Long Night of Londo Mollari' (kind of a worrying thing for a qualified Doctor to say :)). In 'Comes the Inquisitor' Sheridan originally referred to 'a string of murders in the west end when he meant east end. The line was overdubbed, but you can still tell if you watch his lips.

I think I spotted an effects blooper in Lines of Communication, where there's a brief shot where the nebula in the background has a perfectly flat edge on one side. I would have to watch it again though to be sure. There's also an effects blooper in the very last scene of 'The Long Night', where a wing of Starfuries vanishes. If you look at hyperspace at the right angle, you can often see the underlying squares that are the basis of the plasma effect.

Then there are the many instances of obvious stunt doubles (watch closely when Garibaldi gets shot at the end of the Gathering). I'm sure there are many, many more.

In the episode "The Exercise of Vital Powers" Wade says "Everything is illusion, Mr. Garibaldi. Concepts of language, light, metaphor; nothing is real." when he was suposed to say "Everything is illusion, Mr. Garibaldi. Constructs of language, light, metaphor; nothing is real."

Cool!! B5 has some AWESOME blooper reels that you can find on Google Video, but I wasn't aware that in-episode blunders existed. Thanks for pointing them out!!

I also seem to recall back in Season 3--perhaps "Severed Dreams"--the same extra could be seen running up and down the corridor over and over again as the sirens went off. Perhaps he was just lost or frantically looking for a bathroom for non-methane breathers...

I was watching A Late Delivery from Avalon last night and the thug who "Arthur" duffs up with G'Kar looked like the dockworker from "By Any Means Necessary" and "And Now for a Word", does anyone know if they were the same actor.

I was watching A Late Delivery from Avalon last night and the thug who "Arthur" duffs up with G'Kar looked like the dockworker from "By Any Means Necessary" and "And Now for a Word", does anyone know if they were the same actor.

According to the Lurker's Guide's complete list of actors, the only actor who is in "Avalon" and a handful of other episodes is a guy playing a med tech in all of those episodes. It's likely you mean Robert Schuch (who's credited as "lurker" in "Avalon"). In "Necessary," there are a number of dockworkers, but none (again, according to the Lurker's Guide) are played by Schuch.

According to the Lurker's Guide's complete list of actors, the only actor who is in "Avalon" and a handful of other episodes is a guy playing a med tech in all of those episodes

But TLG draws its data from the on-screen credits, and only actors with speaking parts get screen credit. So an actor who had a line in one episode but was effectively a background extra in several others would only have one credit. Of course B5 used a kind of stock company for aliens and human background characters, so it enitrely possibe that someone who appeared as a dockworker in a crowd in one episode might have a line as thug number one in another.

Regards,

Joe

I assumed Galahad was talking about two speaking parts. The "thug" from "Avalon" presumably being the fellow who says, "I got friends!" And in an episode like "Necessary" that was loaded with dockworkers, I can't imagine he just picked one at random out of the background; he has to mean one of the ones who actually spoke. I'm guessing he meant the main one, the one who's brother got killed.

I assumed Galahad was talking about two speaking parts. The "thug" from "Avalon" presumably being the fellow who says, "I got friends!" And in an episode like "Necessary" that was loaded with dockworkers, I can't imagine he just picked one at random out of the background; he has to mean one of the ones who actually spoke. I'm guessing he meant the main one, the one who's brother got killed.

Indeed.

They just seemed very similar to me.

Getting back to the subject of bloopers, of course another well known one is that the sleeve of future Delenn's costume glimpsed in Babylon Squared clearly doesn't match her costume in War Without End.

This blooper was at least partly the reason that such a song and dance is made about getting Londo to wear the right jacket when it's time for the Shadow vessels to pass over the Royal Palace.

Getting back to the subject of bloopers, of course another well known one is that the sleeve of future Delenn's costume glimpsed in Babylon Squared clearly doesn't match her costume in War Without End.

Personally, I am not sure that qualifies as a "Blooper" as such, since the production team were well aware that they didn't match - hence Delenn does not reach out and put her hand on Sinclair's shoulder in WWE (as we had seen her do in BS).

Maybe its just me, but I tend to reserve the term "Blooper" for those instances that evaded the production team and made it into the finished episode without being picked up.

But then I am a little anally retentive about such things ... :D

Dave, I agree with you. To me, the Delenn sleeve issue is just a continuity gaffe (and those are also fun to track, as are bloopers).

Latest posts

Members online

Back