B5TV.COM. Babylon 5 forums Babylon 5 message for the fans from Claudia Christian Babylon 5
Old June 19th 09, 02:00   #11
Sindatur
Techno-mage

Re: Primeval

Just checked, I'm 5 eps in, just watched the mushroom episode. So, without spoiling anything, I take it there's a rather large hole in the resolution, since the Producers are already making promises trying to provide the ending somehow?
Sindatur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 19th 09, 04:21   #12
G Kar of the Kha Ri
First One

Send a message via ICQ to G Kar of the Kha Ri Send a message via AIM to G Kar of the Kha Ri

Well, that sucks. I semi-started watching this last summer and caught vague bits of two S1 episodes, and then promised I'd stick with it. I failed at that, but since Sci-Fi started airing it, I've been on board from the beginning, not to mention catching S3 on BBC America.

Also, I'm amused/amazed at the show's ability to seemingly pack so much into so little space, and make it seem like we might as well have been watching for several extra years that don't exist. Especially in terms of how many changes that have affected the cast. It's a good feeling, mind you.

Here's hoping some magical TV savior swoops down and keeps the ride going, or at least helps to get things wrapped up all nice and neat like.

"It's me! I was the turkey all along!"

The City-State: 'Tis a silly place.
G Kar of the Kha Ri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 19th 09, 15:51   #13
darth_librarian
Psi Cop

I gotta agree with Galahad here. Even though I rarely watched this show, I did enjoy iy and this is a worrying decision. The ratings were sound, and it had strong DVD/ merchandising presence here in the UK. But ITV probably felt that its money was better spent on new reality TV shows trailing celevrity breakups.

I suspect their filrtation with genre shows and family entertainment beyond Pop Idol is over. How sad.

At least we still have Dr Who and Ashes to Ashes on the Beeb. The latter had a fantastic series ending.

"There's no point debating anything online. It provides scant room for debate and infinite opportunities for fruitless point-scoring: the heady combination of perceived anonymity, gestated responses, random heckling and a notional "live audience" quickly conspire to create a "perfect storm" of perpetual bickering."
- Charlie Brooker
darth_librarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 20th 09, 01:22   #14
Galahad
First One

Send a message via MSN to Galahad Send a message via Yahoo to Galahad Send a message via Skype™ to Galahad

Quote:
Originally Posted by darth_librarian View Post
At least we still have Dr Who and Ashes to Ashes on the Beeb. The latter had a fantastic series ending.
Didn't Phil Glenister say that he wanted to bow out after this series... that would really leave it up in the air!

As for Doctor Who...I am worried. If the BBC want to pull a Primeval on us, next year will be the perfect time. All they need to do is sow a few seeds of discord to get some negative reviews and they can use the credit crunch and the perceived but concocted lie that the show is becoming unpopular... to pull the plug.

This is not a reflection on Matt Smith or Stephen Moffatt... but more on my suspicions as to what the suits might try.

"We have seen his glory, the glory of the One and Only, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth."

Visit NiCK'S SANCTUARY
Galahad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 20th 09, 09:32   #15
darth_librarian
Psi Cop

Thankfully he wants to do a third, or at least a conculsion ...

http://www.philip-glenister.com/footage-ashes3.html

The world needs more Gene Hunt.

I do agree on Dr Who, if this new Twighlight-style revamp dies, they could easily axe it, although the beeb are a bit less cash-starved than ITV. The last recession did for Who last time around ...

"There's no point debating anything online. It provides scant room for debate and infinite opportunities for fruitless point-scoring: the heady combination of perceived anonymity, gestated responses, random heckling and a notional "live audience" quickly conspire to create a "perfect storm" of perpetual bickering."
- Charlie Brooker
Old June 20th 09, 13:06   #16
crazyhorse
Anarchist

My nephew got me into this programe and I think it is pretty decent.Gutted that it has been cancelled.Hopefully we will get some sort of resolution to the plot lines still open even if everybody just gets eaten.

"me and other folk were just tryin tae get the boot in and some other guy banjoed him"

John Smeaton 2007

"You know why they're on the Internet don't you? Cos you wouldny speak to them in the fecking pub!" - Billy Connolly
crazyhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 20th 09, 17:33   #17
RW7427

I miss Claudia! She was actually pretty cool!
Old June 21st 09, 20:36   #18
A_M_Swallow
First One

Quote:
Originally Posted by darth_librarian View Post
I do agree on Dr Who, if this new Twighlight-style revamp dies, they could easily axe it, although the beeb are a bit less cash-starved than ITV. The last recession did for Who last time around ...
I suspect that was The Wall coming down. The British people were no longer frightened.

Currently Doctor Who contains lots of expensive CGI, A-list guest actors and overseas visits. Plenty of room for saving money there.
Old June 22nd 09, 00:48   #19
Sindatur
Techno-mage

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_M_Swallow View Post
I suspect that was The Wall coming down. The British people were no longer frightened.

Currently Doctor Who contains lots of expensive CGI, A-list guest actors and overseas visits. Plenty of room for saving money there.
And let's not forget that Matt Smith has a much smaller salary than Dr 9 and 10
Sindatur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 22nd 09, 09:10   #20
darth_librarian
Psi Cop

Yes, that's got to be worth at least the CGI budget of one or two episodes.

As for Primeval, I hope they do find a way around it. Christmas specials or DVD movies would be one option, the show still has legs.

- Charlie Brooker