B5TV.COM. Babylon 5 forums Babylon 5 message for the fans from Claudia Christian Babylon 5
Old June 10th 19, 07:54   #1
Blake00
Lurker

Star Trek Picard Series

I assume most people have seen the trailer to this now but if not here's a international friendly trailer (bloody CBS region locked their trailer lol). Mega excited about this!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGijGIZrGKc

- Game Shrines: Age of Wonders,Babylon 5 Fan Games, Command & Conquer, Elder Scrolls, Dune Games, Final Fantasy, Freelancer, Heroes of Might & Magic, Master of Magic, Quest for Glory Series, Starflight, & Star Trek Games
- Movie & TV Shrines: Lord Of The Rings & Hobbit, & Star Trek
- Emulation
Blake00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 10th 19, 15:21   #2
Looney
Telepath

Re: Star Trek Picard Series

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake00 View Post
I assume most people have seen the trailer to this now but if not here's a international friendly trailer (bloody CBS region locked their trailer lol). Mega excited about this!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGijGIZrGKc

I am excited because they did release Star Trek Discovery on DVD so hopefully they will do the same with this series because that is the only way I will see it - like a year after they release it on their service.
Looney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 10th 19, 16:30   #3
Springer
Ambassador

I'm fortunate that we get Discovery (and presumably Picard) on Netflix here in the UK - and all the other Trek shows as well, I've been slowly re-watching DS9.

If you've not seen season 2 of Discovery yet Looney, you're in for a treat. Some very good episodes.

As for Picard, I'm really looking forward to it.
Springer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 15th 19, 08:28   #4
Blake00
Lurker

Yeah I'm about a 3rd of the way into Season 2 and it was good. From what I've seen in the trailers for the later half of the season there's stacks of TOS connections and cool stuff. Need to get off my arse and get back to watching it but have been so busy haha.
- Game Shrines: Age of Wonders,Babylon 5 Fan Games, Command & Conquer, Elder Scrolls, Dune Games, Final Fantasy, Freelancer, Heroes of Might & Magic, Master of Magic, Quest for Glory Series, Starflight, & Star Trek Games
- Emulation
Old June 21st 19, 12:58   #5
Sinclair

I just might have to subscribe to the all access for this one. I'm sure we'll end up seeing a lot of familiar faces. I've been looking forward to it since I heard it was in the works. I'll check out Discovery too, of course.
Old June 21st 19, 13:23   #6
Looney
Telepath

I know it is inevitable, but I feel that signing up for ALL ACCESS is lending support to the idea that individual networks should make us all pay for their streaming service and I want no part it. I already pay for HULU, NETFLIX, AMAZON PRIME, and SLING TV. I see no reason to have to pay for a single channel subscription. Of course my tune would immediately change if a series called DELENN or IVANOVA or LYTA or BESTER (and so on) was announced.

Wait instead of BESTER would ALFRED or AL work better?
Old June 24th 19, 00:30   #7
Sinclair

I already know I'm going to subscribe to the Disney streaming service when the Star Wars live action show starts. I hate doing it but I know I will.
Old June 24th 19, 01:00   #8
Looney
Telepath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinclair View Post
I already know I'm going to subscribe to the Disney streaming service when the Star Wars live action show starts. I hate doing it but I know I will.
Yeah I am going to hold out as long as possible on that one. I like the new Star Wars stuff, but I am far from loving it and I don't really see an urgency to buy into that. Having said that Disney could certainly lure me with other programs. Basically all CBS is offering me is Picard.
Old July 21st 19, 06:47   #9
Blake00
Lurker

MIND BLOWN!!

Data, 7 of 9, the Borg, Hugh (borg guy from TNG), and apparently Riker & Troi too.. all back!!

CBS region locked the trailer surprise surprise but I found a amazon international one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YhBBXHwEsIo

- Emulation
Old July 22nd 19, 12:05   #10
Springer
Ambassador

It does look brilliant! Good to see Seven again, and I want to know what's up with the Borg cube that the Romulans seem to have captured. And Data! I wonder if he's on a holodeck - maybe they've hooked up B4's positronic brain containing Data's personality to a bigger computer.

Hopefully they've saved a few surprises for the series that they haven't told us about yet.
Springer is offline   Reply With Quote