• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Sheridan and the Exclaibur ?

I agree with that assessment, but i also believe Sheridan was trying to steer Earth away from shadowtech. We know his feelings about it from what he said in A Call to Arms.. about getting butts kicked by shadowtech every time. We also know he was aware of Earth using Shadowtech from Ivanova's encounter with the Omega X fleet at Mars. His fears would have been later confirmed when Ivanova brought the EAS Titans to B5 (although the timing of that is in the same year that Sheridan approaches Delenn and Luchenko with the idea of Earth developing White Star destroyers..

I always felt that the shadow vessels in particular and the Vorlon vessels as well were deliberately balanced to facilitate the struggle.

The other First One ships blew them away when they turned up, and I kinda hoped that the Vorlons and Shadows would have had equivalent abilities - especially the Shadows...

I felt that vorlon vessels were more powerful (especially the cruisers), but fewer in number to the shadows, and that's where the balance lay. We only saw 6 single cruiser class first one ships taking out 1 planet killer.

They had similar levels of technology but were smaller. It seems fair to assume 6 smaller class ships of equal tech would be needed to bring down a ship of that size and nature.

Lot's of bbq'd vorlon ship for the people of Coriana 6 to dine on as it fell through the atmosphere.

The problem has always been that P5 telepaths do not have the range to attack a Shadow ship - 25 meters against the several kilometres cutting range of the crab ship.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back