B5TV.COM. Babylon 5 forums Babylon 5 message for the fans from Claudia Christian Babylon 5
Old March 8th 09, 05:19   #161
Jade Jaguar
First One

Re: New Joss Whedon show

Well, I finally saw the first ep, so I've seen them all now. Perhaps because I saw them out of order, it is pretty clear to me that Caroline, aka Echo, is a plant, put there to spy on the Dollhouse. I don't think she has full conscious retention of her various assumed personalities, but I think she is retaining them on a deeper level, so that she can be debriefed by those who planted her there. I am assuming that they built this trait into her.
Benjamin Franklin 1775

"I know that the hypnotized never lie... Do ya?"
Pete Townshend 1971

FREE LEONARD PELTIER
Jade Jaguar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 8th 09, 05:45   #162
KoshFan
Soul Hunter

Very interesting theory, JJ, although I'd like to hear more of your reasoning.

I found the pilot episode quite gripping and the other two... slightly less so... but this one had me quite happy indeed. I think "Taffy's" team was what did it -- I liked the guy who knew art, and was walking Echo through it, despite having been stabbed.

I'm looking forward to seeing Alpha -- especially as I accidentally stumbled on a spoiler and I know who's playing him.

The Generous Grasp
KoshFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 8th 09, 06:10   #163
Jade Jaguar
First One

Before the tech guy mentioned it, I told my friend Bill, a Wheadon fan watching with me, that Alpha was still alive, and had done the remote wipe.

I don't have any real evidence about Caroline being a plant. It was partly her attitude, and the circumstances of her induction. Also, we found out from the FBI guy that there are some powerful higher-ups behind his investigation, so it stands to reason that others would be investigating as well, if not for those "higher-ups," then for others...

I think it possible that Sierra is a plant too. Or, Echo may be (programmed) to recruit her, and alter her, to help Echo and her investigation.
Benjamin Franklin 1775

Pete Townshend 1971

FREE LEONARD PELTIER
Old March 8th 09, 06:13   #164
Jade Jaguar
First One

BTW, the Elgin Marbles, the McGuffin in the EP would be too big and heavy for one guy to carry. I looked it up. They average about 3' x 5'. I liked the art guy too.
Benjamin Franklin 1775

Pete Townshend 1971

FREE LEONARD PELTIER
Old March 8th 09, 15:19   #165
KoshFan
Soul Hunter

There was a lot of back-and-forth over at Whedonesque over whether or not the piece was too small. Eventual consensus is that it might well have worked (although the panel they had the drawing of is actually in the British Museum). You're completely right about the weight, though. Somehow all us nerds missed the sheer mass issue.

The Generous Grasp
KoshFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th 09, 16:44   #166
Sindatur
Techno-mage

So, does anyone else think naked TV watching dude is Alpha?

I thought it was obvious, but, I'm wondering if it's too obvious, therefore it's a bad assumption?
Sindatur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th 09, 17:40   #167
Cell
Telepath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sindatur View Post
So, does anyone else think naked TV watching dude is Alpha?

I thought it was obvious, but, I'm wondering if it's too obvious, therefore it's a bad assumption?
No, I think it's definitely him and it was meant to be obvious.
"When you have reached the end of the road then you can decide whether to go to the left or the right, to fire or to water. If you make those decisions before you have even set foot upon the road it will take you nowhere." - Galen
Cell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 21st 09, 02:08   #168
vacantlook

Excellent episode tonight. I knew that Helo's neighbor had to be connected to the Dollhouse, so it was cool to see I was right; and damn! she seriously kicked ass when the time came. New revelations: there are multiple Dollhouses throughout the world, and expectedly, there's someone working on the inside that's working against the Dollhouse. It'll be fun to find out who added the bit to Echo's programming to get her to nudge Helo in a different direction.

I so hope this show doesn't get canceled; it's getting good.
vacantlook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 21st 09, 04:16   #169
Recoil
First One

It was the best episode so far. The obvious choice for the inside person is Topher's assistant, but we will see. I was also expecting the neighbor to be a plant, but not an imprinted plant, so that was a nice touch.

This episode had 3-4 different threads going on in it which was interesting. And while this was a solid episode, for me there still seems to be something "missing" in this show to me. Like it doesn't have a natural feel, or heart, so to speak. Honestly if it wasn't a Joss Whedon show I'd have tuned out by now, and even now its hard for me to identify it as one of his shows because by now in ANY of his other works, I was far more sold, and into it, than I am.

But, I guess Ill keep tuning in and see if it starts to get some sort of feeling with me.
Old March 21st 09, 06:33   #170
vacantlook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recoil View Post
...The obvious choice for the inside person is Topher's assistant, but we will see....
The asian chick he makes get him food? Yeah, that's who I'm expecting it to end up being, based on what we've been given so far that is.

I think why this show seems so different than Buffy/Angel and Firefly is that there's no quirky humor. I like the premise enough that I'm interested, so I'm definitely going to keep watching. The secret conspiratorial stuff gets me going too.
vacantlook is offline   Reply With Quote