• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Star Wars IV, V & VI DVDs

anlashok1

Regular
TheForce.net is reporting that Fox has told retailers to expect DVDs of the Star Wars Trilogy on Nov 4, 2004. Great news

When is Episode III due out? Lucas has always mantained that IV, V and VI won't come out before III is out on DVD.

Still great news and about bloody time. :D

Lucas is adding even more changes to the special editions. I vaguely remember seeing something that he may make Han shoot first in the bar again, so at least that would be nice.

Unfortunately the originals probably won't come out while George is living. We just have to hope his kids develop quite the coke habit and have the originals released to buy a little extra nose candy.

We just have to hope his kids develop quite the coke habit and have the originals released to buy a little extra nose candy.
:LOL:

Now, now, that's cruel. They might also become vicious gamblers.

Lucas has done such a great job of making me stop giving a shit about the Star Wars franchise that I don't what, if any, DVDs come out any more.

Word! Isn't enough that he made those horrid prequels? Did he really have to go and FUBAR the originals, too? Currently, there are only 2 truly satisfying ways to get ones Star Wars groove on: the original cut "faces" edition of the Trilogy laser discs ("One Last Time" -- he wasn't kidding, was he?) and the Knights of the Old Republic game (yay, for double-bladed Echani swords!).

Lucas is adding even more changes to the special editions. I vaguely remember seeing something that he may make Han shoot first in the bar again, so at least that would be nice.

Unfortunately the originals probably won't come out while George is living. We just have to hope his kids develop quite the coke habit and have the originals released to buy a little extra nose candy.
Hehe, well put.

Some of the enhancements to the originals I really didn't mind. But I DESPISED the story/character changes like Greedo shooting first in the bar. When shit like that is done just to make a movie "politically correct" it just makes my skin crawl. He had better change that back and not puss out like was done with E.T. and the police officers running with walkie talkies in their hands...

Now they are officially saying the trilogy will come out on Sept. 21 in a 4 disc box set. But they didnt say what versions (original or re-releases).

This is bloody great news if you ask me, Star Wars rules! :D

Whether they be the original versions or the "enhanced" ones, they will be great additions to my DVD-collection. Have been waiting long for this DVD-release! :cool:

Can't wait for Star Wars ep 3 in 2005 either, will be great I am sure (just like AoTC was marvellous entertainment! and much underrated and undeservedly criticized by many )

Go Star Wars!! :D

I'm sure they will release first the even "more" enhanced versions. But I hope to GOD that Lucas at least has the common fucking decency to release the ORIGINALS because it is the ORIGINAL versions that put his pathetic ass on the map. If not for the ORIGINAL versions of Star Wars, he wouldn't have a career, so give the fans whatever the hell they want!

You hearing me GL?

I'm sure they will release first the even "more" enhanced versions. But I hope to GOD that Lucas at least has the common fucking decency to release the ORIGINALS because it is the ORIGINAL versions that put his pathetic ass on the map. If not for the ORIGINAL versions of Star Wars, he wouldn't have a career, so give the fans whatever the hell they want!

You hearing me GL?

I really hope to see the original versions of those movies also. Those degenarating piece of shit whit "new" scenes etc. crap just doesn't feel right. :mad:

It is my belief that the originals will not be released on DVD during Lucas' lifetime.
You are probably right, but it would be nice to have them out there even as a secondary release.

From theforce.net:

We've received information from a reliable source that an official announcement regarding the much rumored Trilogy DVD is expected soon. Our source says next Tuesday (2/10) will bring official word that the Special Edition versions of Star Wars: A New Hope, The Empire Strikes Back, and Return Of The Jedi will be released in a four disk set on September 21 of this year. No mention was made of additional footage, or the contents of the fourth disk, but more information will likely be known next week.

Looks like the official announcement is tomorrow. Although I'm glad they're finally coming out on DVD, I'm still pissed that it's not the original versions. I'm curious to see what's going to be on the fourth disk.

September's still too far away. :(

What's really annoying is that, though most of us want the originals, we're still going to buy the bullshit versions.

Though I really think I'm gonna pass. I'm shocked at myself for not caring anymore whether the stupid movies come out on DVD- I loved Star Wars.

Lucas can do what he wants. My $10 will be spent on the last flick in the theaters and then I'm done.

Yeah, I'm still gonna buy it. One of my only consolations is that The Empire Strikes Back is pretty much intact from its original version, save the additional wampa footage and the totally redone Cloud City.

If they do something like make Yoda CGI on these DVD releases, you can count me out. If he's going to make all these damned changes why not just leave them the way they were and make brand new ones for all the little kiddies out there so he won't have to piss all of us older fans off anymore?

Not much more info, but the announcement at cnn.com.

I'm with you GKE, I probably won't buy the bullshit versions either. I really have no interest in seeing what else they chopped up in them. I would much rather search the Internet for pirated DVD versions of the originals, burn them to disc, then do the "Fuck You" dance in George Lucas's general direction.

I bought both versions when they came out on VHS, watched the new versions once and said "meh" and kept rewatching the originals.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back