• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Brady Bunch Movies

hypatia

Regular
I'm about to be horrible here, so be ready for it. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

Brady Bunch movies make me want to vomit profuse amounts of blood.

Just my not-so-humble-opinion. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

Brady Bunch: TOS and the made for TV followips were vomitous garbage which had no bearing on reality in America. At least the movies were more along the line of send ups or satires of TOS. By showing how far removed from life in the '90's the Brady family was, they also showed how far removed any from reality the original TV show was. At least that's my take on it. I could be wrong. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Make that "...removed from any reality."

I hate typos. /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif /forums/images/graemlins/devil.gif /forums/images/graemlins/devil.gif

Don't sweat it, Jim 67

I just want to mention again:

I'd rather vomit blood than see the 'Brady Bunch movie'. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

And do I DARE to ask what brought on this "vomitous" subject?? I get the same reaction....when ever I stumble accross Gilligan Island reruns..... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I've always enjoyed the Brady Bunch. It was wholesome entertainment. The movies are a stitch. The Brady family fun time hour (or whatever it was called) WAS vomitous filth. As was the brady kids cartoon.

It is all part of the suspension of disbelief. Sure the Bradys were unrealistic, but that is what made them fun. Of course this is just my oppinion.. which is never wrong.

Sometimes you just have to put reality and cynical ideas on the back burner and enjoy shtuff.

~M~

I tried to avoid the sarcastic comments about it. Brady Bunch in the WHITEHOUSE? Pulease!

Having said that... they'd do better than the lot in there now.

I tried to avoid the sarcastic comments about it. Brady Bunch in the WHITEHOUSE? Pulease!

Ok, I give up ... what does the Brady Bunch movies have to do with Crusade? Since this post is in the Crusade forum, I assume they are related in some way? Feh, maybe I just need some sleep for it to make sense. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

I've only seen a Very Brady Sequel, and saying 'seen' is a bit of an exaggeration, as I kept my head down tapping away on the laptop while it was on. Then every so often, I'd hear Gary Cole's gorgeous voice, look up, see the tribble on his head, and run screaming from the room. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

I do hope he got paid VERY well for those movies. Mind you, if I were in the US when it is showing, I'd probably have to watch it. It's a bit like looking at a car wreck, you know you shouldn't but somehow you can't quite look away...

It's probably best for my sanity that I'll get back to the UK several days before it airs.

But I'll have to go and see I Spy while I'm over there, of course /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif What can I say? I like Gary Cole.

A lot /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />

[/quote]

I can't quite get behind the idea of a "Very Brady" whitehouse declaring war. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Poor actors. Just to make money, look at what they have to do. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif (Talking about Gary Cole here now, not Dubya.)

News? There is news on this site as well? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

*ducks and hides from Ant*

I do read the news ... really I do but it takes some time for me to get used to going to the front page of the site still. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Heck if someone had mentioned Gary Cole in relation to this thread, I might have gotten it. After all, it was just a little blurb at the end of your news item and I didn't make the connection. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Admittedly, I did think Hypatia was hoping people make a vague connection. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif It just looked as if she was being majorly off topic. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Man, this is not my month. I'm offending half of the board, and being obscure to the other half. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Me is just not the best, nor brightest, in this world.

Aw hell, I bet I just offended someone else. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Steps in vomited blood on floor.

[sarcasm] Someone didn't invite me to the Brady Bunch movie marathon. I'm soooo offended! [/sarcasm] /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I'll be sure to put you on the mailing list right before I burn it. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

OK, I'll go out on a limb here, and say that I actually enjoyed the Brady movies with Gary Cole. They were kitsch (is that how you spell it?), with just the right amount of self-mocking humour. Infinitely better than the original series!

Here's a thought I just had, though (it might need a new thread)...

IS GARY COLE A BAD LUCK CHARM???

One season of American Gothic - dead
14 episodes of Cursade - dead
/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I think Gary Cole is an excellent actor, but he plays a tough game.

Earning a living by acting is no easy road. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

Now, if you'll forgive me, I have to vomit profuse amounts of blood now. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

(Oatley now approaches with caution...)

Just as long as your head doesn't turn 360 degrees /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back