• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

A question from JMS

hypatia

Regular
You folks are going to love this, it's from the moderated group:

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
Feel free to ignore this....

Okay, so I've had the same basic look in eyeglasses for...let's say a long time
now, and there are any number of people around me just tactless enough to
suggest that *maybe* aviators of this style went out in the 70s and maybe I
ought to consider, oh, theydunno, joining the 21st century someday....

Anyway, I've been looking around and the only style of glasses that I've come
across that looks like something I'd like is the style worn by Redford in "Spy
Game." I've shown some fuzzy jpgs to my optometrist who says it's a modified
horn-rimmed style but he couldn't nail down the exact style or modification.

So if anybody out there happens to know the exact style of glasses used, lemme
know. Just in case I really do get tired of being told "that's SO last
century...."

jms

[/quote]

Hehehehe,

Thats kind of cool. Nothing like turning to the Internet fans to help track something down. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

Pfft. People like him could probably special-order glasses without a second thought... /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

He just needs to know the name of the style of the frames, I think.

I was hoping someone here would know, but he's probably already gotten an answer from the moderated people anyway.

He did not have a posting giving the name of the frames a few minutes a go.

How about a bit of fun? Make up pictures of JMS in various styles of glasses. The style he is looking for, some sensible and some way out.

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
Sounds like fun, but don't tell HIM you are doing it!

[/quote]

Pity. I was hoping that he would be able to use it pick a suitable pair.

Well, you could always give it a try. I have a feeling he might be a bit uncomfortable about it, though! Sort of like having a dress-up doll made in your image.

Look at what Sherridan did the to Teddy bear. And it didn't even LOOK like him at ALL! /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

I guess he wants a new, young, hip image now. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

There is that thing about Hollywood. You know, the "over-40-and-you-suck-unless-you're-like-Steven-Spielberg" thing.

I don't know, what about Harrison Ford. He's as in demand now as he was decades ago. Although I have heard some ask if he can pull of another "Indian Jones" movie at the age of 60, no one seems to think this will effect his box office at all.

Women may still have a harder time getting roles when they get older, but it seems that for some men at least, that is less of an issue these days. Thankfully.

It sounds like JMS just got sick of being teased by his friends. /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back