• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

"Rendevous with Rama" movie

The last proper sci-fi book turned into a movie that I saw was Hitckhikers guide, and it was a bit disappointing. I guess this would be good, if they could pull it off.

I really liked "Contact" though it wasn't a smashing commercial success. And that was awhile ago, now.

Yea, I worry that a screen version of Rama will end up a special effects spectacular. After all, a great deal of the book is a description of Rama.

Time will tell. I find it interesting that Morgan Freeman (the actor, I assume) is behind this attempt to bring it to the screen.

Is he a science fiction fan and I've never known it all these years? :)

Yeah, I think so, he was in Deep Impact and loads of better movies. Lots of folk in Hollywood actually are. He also has a lot of clout and his own production company.

Well, I wish him the best. It would be nice to see something different, and maybe even thought-provoking on the big screen.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back