• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Sympathy for the Actor

Flounder

Regular
Sympathy for the Actor
by Dennis Michael

I think you'll enjoy it.

And even though I'm not getting paid at all for being the brew master at Faire, I'm still a happy camper. Nobody shoots blanks at me and nobody glues rubber to my face as I howl at the crowd between two beautiful wenches, have a beer and laugh all day long.

I'll take it. And I'm sorry this column is late. But I've been acting.

They Live is probably one of my top 5 favorite 80's cult sci-fi films.

"I have come to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta gum."

they_3.jpg

They Live is probably one of my top 5 favorite 80's cult sci-fi films.

"I have come to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta gum."

they_3.jpg

Oh yes!! It's definitely MY favorite 80's cult sci-fi movie! This movie rocked!!

Oh yes!! It's definitely MY favorite 80's cult sci-fi movie! This movie rocked!!
To my delight, Piper proved wrong all the critics, who had seen Hulk Hogan's (lack of) acting talent and deservedly shat upon it and had thusly decreed that wrestlers shouldn't be actors. He's no Anthony Hopkins, but his character was totally believable in They Live.

I was similarly delighted again when The Rock got his first lead role in Walking Tall amid similar criticism, but once again they were silenced by a guy with actual acting talent.

While it's true that most pro-wrestlers can't act their way out of a paper bag, every once in a while a "diamond in the rough" comes along. I think John Cena will be the next good actor to come out of WWE when the time is right.

Yep, They Live is one of my favorites as well. Of course, it is a bit of left-wing propaganda, but I can dig that. ;) Meg Foster was perfectly cast, with those cold, blue, robotic eyes... Gee, I wish I could get ahold of those glasses! Also, the hidden propaganda/ads in TL seem to me to be the inspiration for Psycorps' similar ones in B5.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back